Lucifer

>"Who escaped hell?"
>"MOM"

How does that even work?

Gods wife duh. You never heard of her before because, well she was locked away. She didnt submit to her husband so he locked her away.

no, but seriously for you Americans/bible scholars. Is there any mention of a Mrs. God?

The show is pure shit.

Especially when compared to the comic it was loosely based upon.

>Wahhhh

I love the show, more luciphoney.

>The show is pure shit.
agreed they didn't even show nude pits in the shower scene mmmm lauren german so sexy

well supernatural has God's sister and it somehow works, so I don't think this will be a probelm

No. Lilith was the first female who defied God, married Satan and gave birth to demons. I don't know how this bullshit show plays the mythology of it all, but it could be that Lucifer is the son of Satan and Lilith. Probably not though considering he calls Uriel his brother. This show is fucking garbage.

It really is. Comic is literally 200 times more interesting.
Read
The
Comic
And ignore the new one Vertigo is putting out, it's retarded. Stick to the old one and Sandman origin.

>supernatural
>it works
pleblife

Literally the comfiest show in a while, I watched it since the airing and it ended so fast.

Satan and Lucifer are separate entities in the comics. At least I think that's the case. There is a character called "the first of the fallen" who is more Satany than Luciferian.

say whatever you want, but supernatural has not been this interesting since season 4-5

I think they are doing their best of it considering FOX and needing to show grandmothers things to watch. If they did it close to the comic they'd need to basically make it a Zach Snyder movie and I bet people would hate it more.

In the comic Lillith disobeyed god and got kicked out, then proceeded to lay with every demon she cared to and birthed from their union an army of half demons, the Lillim. Mazikheen is one of Lillith's children, all of whom are damned or, at the very least, denied access to anything holy such as Heaven or the Garden Of Eden.
There's just storylines on layered on storylines in Lucifer, the show is so watered down it's painful.

Maybe when he said Mom he didn't mean his and Amenadiel mom, but more like "The Mom", like the mom of all demons and shit.

Yes, God obviously had a wife. Xie was a stronk womyn and did most of the heavy lifting when it came to creation, but she was omitted from the Bible because patriarchy.

That's only the case in Hellblazer. Lucifer led the rebellion in the comics, and was beaten back by Michael.

When they inevitably put Michael in this show he better be fucking glorious. I don't need another nebbish Briton like in that god awful Legion series on SyFy

I could genuinely explain this in full detail if this isn't a meme thread and you actually want to have a discussion about it. I have a pretty vast wealth of knowledge in regards to the theological understanding of sacred texts.

Lilith?

Fuck if I know.

go on...

Do it you nigger faggot.

I know they are twins in the comic, but are they identical twins?

I bet you can't

I hope not. Michael should have long blonde hair.

When it comes to understanding the Bible as a sacred text, most people who haven't delved into the world of theological thought seem to be under the impression that the Bible is nothing more than a long series of misinterpretations and mistranslations throughout time making the work invalid. While it's true that there has been obfuscation throughout time, for those willing to dedicate themselves to scholarly pursuits, it's very possible to discern the true meaning of the texts through the confusion.

What I'm about to share about the Bible is taken from the Septuagint, the Koine Greek translation of the Old Testament complied by 70 Jewish scholars in Alexandria, which has disputed canonicity among Hebrew scholars, but that's beside the point for now. I personally believe the Septuagint is one of the most immaculate and breathtaking scholarly works ever undertaken in history.

In addition to a radically different conception of every single thing commonly believed about Jewish and Christian theology, the Septuagint answers this question at hand about the feminine aspect of God. In this text, we see God have a threefold manifestation. You may have heard of the Holy Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Trinity when you uncover the truth of the text is understood instead as the Father, the Son and the Holy Mother. God in the Bible is meant to be understood as a married husband and wife hand in hand with one another, as a father and a mother to their son, their sacred names being Yahweh and Shekhinah. Half of the time when you're reading about God in the Bible it's meant to be understood as a woman, the voice of Mama Shekhinah

idc if fake this sounds interesting since as a child without anyone saying anything I always felt like the holy spirit was feminine or just a woman in my mind.

love the comic but I like the show ok as long as I see it as just a funny little cop drama with satan

why'd they even "base" it on the comic if it's really barely based on it? Why didn't they just make the show without the title rights since god/lucifer and all that are open rights?

The true nature and identity of the Holy Spirit was intentionally obscured by the Catholic hegemony with their translation of the Bible, the Latin Vulgate. This is was a major turning point in the world of theology, where we begin to see confusion and ignorance take root.

While there are constant debates among scholars over the discrepancies between the Koine Greek Septuagint translation and the ancient Paleo-Hebrew translations, we still all agree that the Septuagint is an amazing feat of scholarship and more or less are on the same page theologically