Criticisms?

Criticisms?

I'm still sitting on it, but I thought it was pretty good. A little too many characters just for the sake of them. Airport fight almost came off as fanwank cheesy, when you're expecting the film to get a little more serious, but I think it still pulled it off. There feels like a lot of power gaps between the characters, but I think it worked all right. Spider-Man felt misplaced even though he was funny and action was sick.

Some little contrivances like did Zemo really expect Stark and Cap to be there ready to fight each other? Was Stark acting out of character or is he really that egotistical?

Still liked Cap2: WS more.

And YOU????

Marvel Civil War > Batman

It's a cheesy flick with good highs 8/10

I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Civil war over TDK? No, how old are you? If you mean the character Batman then definitely no, his popularity is known to more people than the box office income of CW.

>mindless violence

Mindless violence without any consequences. And CGI Action that looks both weightless and speed up. The cap escenes are terrible in general.

Ant-man and Black Panther were the best part of the movie.

Nobody died. Even WM got new legs.

Movie didn't change anything in MCU.

Well, only than more than half the avengers are now fugitives

Only problems:

>CGI Spider-Man (Although the CGI was pretty neat.)
>Small parts of the CGI was off (Such as Tony's head with the Iron-Man body
>I really wanted Bucky to die at the end. I wanted to see Steve go apeshit on Stark. (Although he did) I guess I'm fine with how the fight ended.
>I wish Steve had not sent Stark that letter. I wanted them to officially be done with each other.
>Zemo's plan was pretty nice. I expected more out of the five Winter Soldiers. Maybe have Bucky, Tony, and Steve fight them and THEN Zemo shoots them in the head. Show off a bit of Zemo's skill since he was a part of the Sokovian Ops.
>Vision and Scarlet Witch. I wish they had more to do. Especially Vision. I understand he's OP as shit so he didn't intervene at the airport, but at least have him fight Wanda. I wanted to see how they would handle each other. And Wanda influencing his Mind Gem was interesting.

Simply put, you have a low cinematic I.Q., or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

They'll be fine

>no one dies in the MCU
>Thanos is turning up so government absolves them
>didn't even stay jailed by the film's end so imprisonment in non-existent

>Noone dies in the MCU
Quicksilver and Coulson might disagree

Coulson came back. He was plastered on my tv for weeks

>Quicksilver
He's ok.
>Coulson
Isn't he alive in series?

MCU doesn't recognize the shows as canon

All the stuff about how even one casualty is unacceptable was bullshit. The only person who I understood on team Tony was Vision because he has a point that shit happens simply because powerful beings want to challenge the Avengers. Black Widow was obviously just being pragmatic. Tony was being a purely selfish prick and he basically has war machine by the balls and manipulated a literal child into fighting for him. Black Panther just wanted vengeance and Vision is naive like a newborn child.

I do understand the conflict over Bucky though and if they had cut down a lot of the sokovia bullshit and really just removed Zemo, the movie would have been a lot better.

I could have done with some real gravity even if they didn't choose to kill anyone off. Imagine if war machine was actually paralyzed. Would have showed some balls IMO

Solid 7.5
/10 movie. Avengers being a 6

Don't you need show to understand begining Age of Ultron?

>Well, only than more than half the avengers are now fugitives

And that's irrelevant. Tony destroyed an entire city, AntMan is literally a criminal, wanda is a terrorist, and so far they had have zero punishment. Being a figitive in the MCU means they will waste 10 minutes before they reunite in the next movie.

>MCU

Can anyone tell me why anyone would be on Cap's side. Seems like jis only argument was everything was a misunderstanding. Scarlet witch and Cap were too OP, while the Iron men were nerfed. Airport was scene didnt seem like a fight. More like playful banter. The only person that took it seriously was Black Panther

>Imagine if war machine was actually paralyzed

He should've died. That whole scene felt off - as though they shot a death scene, filmed some more of the movie and then decided later that he should actually survive and had to show him walking around with shiny new robo-legs.

>Quicksilver
A matter of RIGHTS
>and Coulson might disagree

The guy that is both dead and not really... big consequences there

>Mindless violence
>collateral damage

Why is this even a meme? If they weren't there the baddies would've had their way and ended up doing way more damage. Makes no sense.

>CGI

CGI was fantastic? Only sloppy part was Tony's helmet disappearing who knows where and that Iron watch thing.

The shows are canon, but they just design the stories such that plot points trickle down from the movies rather than up from the shows. Marvel wants their movies to stand on their own merits without forcing people to invest in years of TV shows if they don't want to, which is a decision I can respect.

The plot seemed to disappear after the first half. There was some interesting discussions as in Avengers 1/Winter Soldier, but then it turns into fighting and joking. And Iron Man was so strong in IM3, but here he seems like a pushover.

This. They said they're staying away from making a direct connection, but not that AOS or the shows aren't canon. Hell, even the shows are starting to reference eachother and AOS built up an entire season on Winter Soldier.

The problem is that there's no reason for the conflict. Steve worked under the american flag and then for SHIELD, he only stopped when they betrayed him and wow! you were nazis!. Him not working for the UN and giving some incredible dumb excuses is just as dumb as HIM not beating the shit out of bucky and dragging him to be interrogated.

>More like playful banter.

Because that's exactly what it is.

The only ones being serious are WE WUZ KANGZ-man and that Captain Tryhard fucker and Vision cause he's just a badly written character.

Because straight up murdering a person without a fair trial is bad? The suits wanted Bucky dead, Cap wanted him to have a fair trial and that's why he intervened

Spiderman was the best of the movie, don't really care about bucky or cap.

I really hope they can get DOOM someday, who knows, maybe they already have him for Strange.

>Airport was scene didnt seem like a fight. More like playful banter.
Well they were deliberately trying to to hurt each other too badly

>More like playful banter

There was no danger of weight in the actions. The only guy that got hurt was due an accident.

>mfw people are actually trying to seriously discuss this movie

You guys are all fucking faggots holy shit lmao

>Why is this even a meme? If they weren't there the baddies would've had their way and ended up doing way more damage. Makes no sense.

I think RLM was right when they said the movie needed something a lot more shocking to spark the controversy, or sprinkle actual bits of negligence into the previous movies so someone could come forward and make the case that the Avengers are actually misusing/abusing their powers or being actually dangerously reckless.

>CGI was fantastic?

The CGI was complete shit, it was HORRIBLE.

It was intentional you fucking mongoloid.

Wanda even spells it out for you when she tells bow and arrows guy that he isn't being serious about it...

>Cap wanted him to have a fair trial and that's why he intervened

And why didnt he arrested him? And no, the suits didnt want him dead. They didnt even use lethal force until AFTER they were attacked.

But user, he went to get Bucky so he could face trial, while also avoiding him getting killed like every body seemed to want

It's proof that this board has been taken over by plebs.

Case in point >I think RLM was right

Biggest issue was that the whole Sokovia thing was to prevent collateral damage and loss of civilian life, but they ignore that almost completely. Example: Vision lasering a whole control tower just to have it fall in front of Cap and Bucky, when Vision was one of the biggest proponents of the whole Sokovia agreement thing. He could have easily shot laser at cap or buck instead of slicing a tower in half t make it fall.

FOR WHY

Wait what? Like what? Did you watch a shitty camrip or what? Show me some examples.

Go watch the movie before replying here

Zemo wasn't Zemo enough

I was hoping Iron Man would go full comics and make a Ragnarok Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch and Black Widow didn't have a bikini oil fight

A building explodes in Africa and the world cares. Is this really supposed to believable.

Zemo family dies. He should count his lucky stars that this whole planet didn't die with them.

God you are stupid, the only guy that got hurt was Warmachine

He did, and then helped bucky escape

I now MCU kids don't watch real movies, but the CGI was terrible, Iron Man 2 has better CGI than this.

>government wants to keep heros in check because muh civilian victims
>aster they wanted to nuke NY and after they built 3 helicarries full of weapons for "preventive" strikes
I guess they want us, the viewers, to hate the government in these movies but come on, this is some bullshit levels of hypocrisy

this. Also, hadn't the bomb exploded in the building, it would've detonated in the marketplace/square... what's the fucking difference?

What if they got away with the biological weapon instead? I mean wtf? They should be thanking the Avengers...

It's not even arguable, the CGI was fucking terrible.

I can't fathom how someone could think otherwise

Stop the disingenuous parroting and show me an actual clip from this movie with bad CGI.

Better than the tree of life and birdman to be honest

spiderman and falcon flying in particular were fucking terrible, like 2008 TV quality.

sure DC shill. Now go choke on your fucking capekino.

>are we still friends
>dudes is that a metal arm
>underoos
>that's a big truck

Quip War

Look just watch the escene when cap and his team fight in africa, nothing has any weight (as in the physics are completly wrong). Redwing looks like CGI from a TV show. I'm not doing your homework, everyone agrees the CGI in marvel movies went to shit after 2011

I wonder at which point you go from rational fan to deluded fanboy like this.

Why don't you go back to Sup Forums, this is a board where people actually watches movies.

LOL
It was shit and you know it

>Water flowing over the brim onto the floor
>noes and mouth well above the water level
>eyes and forehead submerged
>drowns

I walked out at that exact moment this film was unforgivable

I hate how flat these movies look. No cinematography at all. They look like they're made for TV
Power levels all over the place
I'm beginning to hate RDJs portrayal of ironman
Hated the spiderman parts
Terrible CGI for the most part
Airport fight was kind way too long. Got kind of masturbatory
Was Vision trying to kill everyone on purpose?
The worst villain plan so far
I really only liked the Crossbone part and when Captaina America and Bucky escape the apartment building

My only criticism is that this entire fucking movie could have been avoided if it had been realistic, and a maid had gone into his room anyway to clean.

Or if Tony just fucking destroyed the huge ass futuristic jet that was sitting in an abandoned hanger.

They need to start killing some characters. Also WS WS wayyyy too overpowered

the face of autism everyone

God that was so funny, his mouth and nose were outside the water

Is not that he is delutional, is that he probably dont watch many movies. His standards are extremely low. I have seen people posting that Winter soldier is the best action movie in the last 10 years. They consume so much shitty mivies they start to believe that's how movies should look and be

kek
CW's cg is a mess, standards mismanaged all over the place. Dont believe me? check the end credits, go count the number of vfx studios hired on this. Spoiler: you have less fingers than that number.

this isnt a dc vs marvel issue you moron

>Or if Tony just fucking destroyed the huge ass futuristic jet that was sitting in an abandoned hanger.

Holy fuck, I never thought of this.
Just send War Machine or Vision or anyone to just destroy/disable the quinjet or fly it somewhere else.

I seriously don't want to DCuck the thread up but I must say I thought that BvS had real consequences to the actions by the end.

Lex got bald and imprisoned and turned full psycho.
Superman died
Batman turned from reckless and evil to reformed and good again
Wonder Woman was a thing and is going to help search for metahumans
Justice League was born

Civil War barely did anything to the MCU. Nobody died and all War Machine needs is rehab and he'll be basically back.

Captain America was forgiven by Iron Man because he sent a apology letter.

Bucky is merely in cold storage.

Black Panther really never got a satisfying ending. Nor did anyone else.

Nobody stayed imprisoned.

Civil War was a good time but it was ultimately meaningless overall.

why did Clint join cap's team?

I like how Cap with almost no allies can get a boat that can leave him near the super jail without being detected, swim there, then find a way in without any blueprints, and beat the security that was suppose to be abble to deal with superpowered people.

But at the same time, their plan to get a plane was to go to the airport instead of just getting a private plane or steal a private plane

Working for the UN is somehow different than working for shield cuz reasons

Because he's a true patriot

Let´s post tiers for the airport fight

>Top tier
Ant-man
Spiderman

>Ok tier
Captain America
Scarlet Witch
IronMan
Black Panther

>Low tier
Winter Soldier
Falcon
War Machine

>Why are you even here tier
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Vision

I'd swap Falcon with Hawkeye and Witch with War Machine and p good

>Superman died

Seriously think he's not coming back?

The Avengers that were kind of pally are now broken until they come across a bad enough situation where they'll have to bury hatchets and work together.

wish they killed someone and made Zemo's ability to game the entire system more fleshed out. Comic Zemo is a cool dude. This was just some random homo who listened to a voicemail and ordered the same breakfast like an autist.

And top kek @ the UN having the power to do anything at any time ever in history

>And top kek @ the UN having the power to do anything at any time ever in history
This was pretty much my reaction every time they were mentioned.

They don't want to make the americans the bad guys. And marvel has always been a mess, shield goes from international to national every single month.

BUCKY
U
C
K
Y

>28%

not canon

>it was bad on purpose

lol no

one of the worst plots of all time, even for capeshit
apologists need to gtfo

no

The airport was cleared. Are you saying Vision should have killed them all?

Black Lives Matter.

These movies aren't for you. Can you go somewhere else so we can discuss the film?

Not only are you wrong, but I promise you, Justice League is going to play like a soft reboot. They really painted themselves into a corner "killing" Supes.

Clint is redpilled.

Why are you even here tier. Oh, the irony.

Spider-Man was fucking awful. His accent sucked, he's hideous and the he was 100% CGI. It was like watching a live action anime thing like Death Note. I don't care how sophisticated CGI gets, You're never going to get it 100% right. Just make a fucking costume.

Zemo was pretty 10/10 tier, doubt they'll reuse him, but if they do I want him to fully embrace being the head of the Masters of Evil

>That final scene
>Him rehearing the voice mail one last time before deleting it
>Him and Black Panther talking a bit about everything
>His story regarding his family
>Goes to commit suicide
>Black Panther prevents him from doing that
>Now that his 10-15 minute suicide window has passed, he probably wants revenge on the man who denied him his last moments
>Nothing left to live for
>No pure revenge or absolution for his lost family, he already did that

Question is, how will the Baron Zemo outfit factor into all of this if they do reuse him?

Agreed. I have a feeling Kevin Feige wouldn't even hire actors is if he didn't have to.

He was probably at home, chillin with his wife and kids, when Stark came a knockin and going "Dude, you gotta sign this shit, it'll pull you out of retirement to go fight the UN's wars, but sign it"
And Clint told him to fuck off
Then, if you remember how Clint was towards Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in AoU, he probably got word that Tony had SW under house arrest because Tony is a paranoid as fuck shit, and Clint is probably still pissed at Tony for half of what happened in AoU...
Long story short, Hawkeye was just being Hawkeye

>No consequences
Cap, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Falcon, and Ant Man are all fugitives from the law
War Machine is cripple, which may play a part of some future stuff
There is no confirmation Cap and Stark made amends at the end. Cap just extended the olive branch, we never get any idea if Stark accepted it
Cap and Winter Soldier are in hiding in Wakanda, since the country is so isolated and shit.
Stark is in charge of the Avengers, which I assume will now consist of himself, Vision, War Machine, Black Widow, and yeah... That would be about it.

Willing to bet that all of this will bring a bunch of animosity towards each other come Avengers 3.

There is no War Machine, unless he somehow uncripples himself.

>The spy with an eye in the sky, Clint Barton has always been a good operative and a better marksman but the one thing he puts above all else seems to be his family. Why would Clint leave behind his wife and kids just to join in a team squabble that he retired from? Well, it's not for Cap. It's definitely not for "freedom" or the "great good". Clint says why himself, "I owed a debt." You see, it was his rousing speech and encouragement that gave Wanda the strength to be a hero and to become an Avenger. If it wasn't for him, Pietro and Wanda would never have joined the team and by extension, Pietro would still be alive. Because he was so directly responsible for the death of her brother and the initiation of Wanda in the Avengers, he feels a certain stewardship over her and her safety. He lost her brother, he wouldn't lose her. He couldn't sit idly by as she berated on the news, tormented by her mistake, and eventually detained by Stark and Vision. He forced her to come into the team, he owes her. He helps Cap because he know Cap wants what's best for Wanda.

I mean...I guess

>yfw DOOM is part of the mcu

>yfw the fantastic four are in it but never turn into super heroe

CAN'T CAGE THE FEIGE