We can all agree this is a great album overall right?

We can all agree this is a great album overall right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O2jj3YbgX_w
youtube.com/watch?v=rWaWBGaIYuM
youtube.com/watch?v=eXSXGdmVOBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xILoKSumFtU
youtube.com/watch?v=ACmqeqSxO2U
youtube.com/watch?v=wepFm6culZc
youtube.com/watch?v=NXM0OGRWG6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's a deadmau5 album that isn't random album title so probably not

/thread

>has spent millions of dollars on equipment
>knows more about music than majority of musicians on earth
>rants over and over how hes tried of skrillex and diplo making shitty music
>releases another 5/10 album

joel y

I listened to the songs that are supposed to be the good ones like Snowcone Deus Ex Machin and Whorl Then
I couldn't even hear any music, it was so fucking boring

THOSE ARE THE GOOD ONES?

JOEL YOU ARE THE WORST

i literally explored this guy's discog because of 'i remember'. one of the most disappointing frustrating experiences ever. random album title is cool the first time but loses its effect with subsequent listens and is only good as background music or when you're stoned

i remember is a fucking masterpiece tho. is there anything else like that song pls

Nothing comes close. Move For Me is another collab with Kaskade, not as good. I liked raise your weapon desu

Did anyone else like while 1

Strobe is my personal favorite song by joel but it doesn't really have the same vibe as I Remember

But FLoaBN is his best album

very different from RAT but yes it's decent. I say this in every deadmau5 related thread but I wish he would just abandon the housey dancey stuff and only focus on the experimental stuff. That's obviously the kind of music he likes (he's a fan of aphex, BoC, FlyLo, etc), he's got a fuck load of equipment for it, and he's done the house thing to death already. I think he could make some great stuff if he just tried and didn't worry about appealing to 11 year old minecraft let's players and all that.

It's pretty eh. Has a few good tracks but most of it is kinda luke warm.

Strobe is Deadmau5 greatest achievement and the apex of all electronic music. I'm not even a huge fan of his work like that but that song is that fucking good. Changed my life while I was tripping.

deadmau5 was the first electronic artist i got into, haven't listened to him in years... sad to come back and find it's shit

>Pitchfork doesn't even bother reviewing him

Disregarded

try other deadmau5/Kaskade collabs, such as "Move For Me," and other Kaskade songs in general. deadmau5's take on Calvin Harris's "I'm Not Alone" is pretty great as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=O2jj3YbgX_w

Random Album Title > while(1 >album title goes here< > 4x4=12 > Get Scraped > For Lack of a Better Name > Vexillolog > At Play series

I have yet to listen to his newest album

>>knows more about music than majority of musicians on earth
You're joking, right? The guy can't even play his own songs on a keyboard, and has admitted this.

hiphopmau5
youtube.com/watch?v=rWaWBGaIYuM
youtube.com/watch?v=eXSXGdmVOBQ

its good

idk man, i only listen to shit when it becomes free to stream on youtube or soundcloud. this isnt out yet so not gonna listen lol

no im not downloading some shit on my harddrive fuck u

You do realize that artists don't get money from YouTube or Soundcloud streams anyway, right? You might as well just download it. It'll be better quality too.

>deadmau5 tries to """""experiment""""""
>his songs sound even more by the numbers and generic than ever before
>he was even disappointed with this album and released it anyway
it's very painful being a fan of the mouseman

ya idc about artists unfortunately lol. i just care about free easy access to music. less steps necessary for me to listen the better.

theres literally no reason for me to download any music anymore

i used to have like 30 gigs of music downloaded, one day just deleted it all because i never went back to it since im always into whats new and shit now.

The production quality is so fucking nice.

Sound design is good.

But the ideas are fucking poo poo.

Deus Ex Machina is good

Same here, at least strobe is still great

wait wtf just checked, its all on youtube lol. cool thanks mau5 man!

deadmau5 is a prime example of "look at me I can produce really well but have no interesting ideas at all"

i think hes just busy with like 50 things at once, so its hard for him to lock in and dedicate like 6 months to just creating a fucking album.

I think he's just not creative

youtube.com/watch?v=xILoKSumFtU

I unironically enjoy Deadmau5's catalog, and have attended a concert of his where I also enjoyed myself.

Strobe is a meme which interests me. At first, I didn't much care for it because FLOABN is one of the weaker releases IMO, and didn't grow on me the first year or two I had it. Now there are certain tracks that I've warmed up to, and Strobe is one of those, but this is largely influenced by the very positive opinion of that track that even people who normally hate him tend to have.

Strobe is the most common thing that casuals and non-fans point to as "okay, he can actually write a decent song when he wants to". And here I am, an actual fan, and I have a lukewarm opinion.

Why does everyone love Strobe so much? Please be detailed. FWIW tracks that I prefer include Complications (slow, subtle rhythmic evolution), I Remember, Fn Pig, the wonderful October (taking the melody for a walk, with an air of mystery), A City In Florida (this is what being in a gay nightclub on gear night sounds like), certain variants from that unreleased album upload on yt...

I'm pretty sure he even said that if he just played one note on repeate with the right lead people would go nuts.

i like i remember more than strobe. its not even a complex song its just really good feeling. strobe was pretty amazing when it was first released though and i didnt even know what it was it just came on in my car while driving at night the first time i heard it like wtf this is amazing

Because it's beautiful and immediately accessible? It doesn't really have the repetition that some of his other GOAT tracks have.

It's pretty easy to see why non-fans like it so much. I've been a fan of deadmau5 for a long time and it's probably still my favorite.

It's one third of the holy trinity that is Strobe, I Remember and HR 8939 Cephei.

>A City In Florida (this is what being in a gay nightclub on gear night sounds like)

fucking kek

Just not creative? Strobe? He's an iconic producer and very well known!

Honestly I wore out 4x4=12 more than any other album, my copy is quite battered.

I like the raunch throughout the whole thing.

anyone here like Cthulhu Sleeps? I think it's underrated as fuck.

every time I hear a Joel tune it just makes me want to listen to 90's progressive producers like Sasha and BT instead

youtube.com/watch?v=ACmqeqSxO2U
youtube.com/watch?v=wepFm6culZc

I think all his albums are great. My fave song is his edit of not alone by gianluca mota

tune, one of the better cuts off of 4x4=12

I haven't listened to a deadmau5 album since 4x4=12 and my favorite album of his is Get Scraped. Should I check this new album out?

Ye
Shoah

The song "stay" he did with colleen d'agostino is decent and kind of similar, but still nowhere near as good as I remember

I will admit to enjoying deadmau5 generally speaking. I still vaguely follow his goings on. I somewhat vaguely remember him stating that he wasn't proud of this album either. Something about him being pressured to release something, resulting him in basically releasing a bunch of unfinished songs.

I already said it breh, because I heard it tripping balls one time and it changed my life.

strobe is a single song however, and the rest of that album isn't as good

oh okay

I had a similar reaction upon hearing Autechre's Cipater under the right influence.

I can't lie tho mate, after reading your comment and revisiting some of those songs, they're really fucking good. I'm going to revisit his catalog.
I forgot how beautiful I remember is. That is another song I heard tripping face.

Ironically enough I'm drug and alcohol free now. I'm gunna check out Autechres Cipayer now

So we can all agree that this is his crowning achievement right?

deadmau5 has a lot of unreleased gems. I usually prefer them over his official releases.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXM0OGRWG6U