Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/djaeswa
youtube.com/watch?v=2pew2r16qbA
youtube.com/watch?v=bmU9tUZvk98
soundcloud.com/osc/you-dont-like-bass
soundcloud.com/osc/sets/newsongs2015
soundcloud.com/yungsuijin
soundcloud.com/user-804552535
soundcloud.com/daydream_anatomy/stripping-gears-attempted-to-master-version?in=daydream_anatomy/sets/clockwork-calamity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you make money?

How does this feel to be so lazy that you can pretty much make "music" by pressing one button?

Nope, I will always have my music be free

Do you value your work if you make it free?

Why cant i find a single fucking torrent of a kontakt library that works ?

Man, you do more than just press one button. The genre I make especially is called very lazy, however I put more work into it.

>'free"
>'producer'

Kill yourself kiddo

>composition consists of like 4 tracks and a shit ton of automated eq
>"look at me Sup Forums I'm a music producer"

Normie

Don't use kontakt. Or at least I don't. I dunno why, but most sounds if you EQ them properly / add the right fx it should make even more sounds than with kontakt

What is your mixing and mastering process

How does it feel, knowing that you'll never be able to afford a ProTools rig, the industry standard?

This one was a lazier track.

Sound cloud?

i'm also a music producer.

What fast food place do you work at?

For mixing, I just make sure that the kick is the loudest part, as the genre I make is centered around the kick.
soundcloud.com/djaeswa here. But the first one is not my normal quality. This was for a contest to make a track in 30 minutes. Try 'Ritual" or something :D
Don't work at one.

Why are you not using Renoise?

Is shit. I tried it, don't like it

>the best tracker is shit

I bet you use loops.

You're music makes the exact sound my computer does when it blue screens

Looked at your screenshot. You actually do.

Opinion discarded.

well... in case you didn't see the OP...
I happen to

your*
I'm autistic

That's extratone. And it's not the only music I make. I make slower shit (though, 180 BPM)

youtube.com/watch?v=2pew2r16qbA

Here is a slightly older track (be careful with volume)

Pfff, Passenger of Shit wannabe.
youtube.com/watch?v=bmU9tUZvk98

passenger of shit is literal shit. I am more of a Diabarha wannabe :D

You kids will never know how difficult it used to be to make music. Analog tape. You could punch in, sure, but NOTHING like the way you can finagle stuff these days. You had to actually be able to play your instrument.

Get off my lawn!

How to use serum properly?

>the exact same patterns over and over
>the layer upon layer of useless automation
>the speedcore and extra tone music
>the ponies and anime
>the notebook drawing avatar

wow, you're like me when I was 13. glad I grew out of this fucking garbage

if you're over 16 it's too late

I dunno, don't use it

actually, I edit the patterns at a smaller level and move stuff around this way, so it is not as repetitive.
And it's too late for me then.

I have slightly better projects.

Garbage. Sounds like pretentious speedcore

I think you're 7-16
100% that you're going to cringe at your tracks later
And I'm sure that you're going to stop liking breakcore/speedcore/extratone and move to other genres

It is speedcore

Do you zip zop with the boopity bop?

This is honestly garbage and simple to create. Anyone that uses FL studios is fucking autistic.

1. Not 7-16, 19
2. You shouldn't be so sure! But I know I will cringe at my early tracks (including ones made now). I am a new producer, only since november. I will not stop Speedcore though. Or at least I won't stop core genres. Maybe I would move on to Hardcore

Use Renoise instead of FL Studio so you can chop samples and it's more flexible.
Or remember to NEVER use FL Studio's default samples/presets because it ruins the tracks.

I never use FLs default samples. Only exception is when I use crashes, claps, stuff like this.
But even then I add effects to them.

And, I need a daw that has a triple oscillator. This is how I make very many things

how does it feel to play other peoples samples using a program that u didnt make.

no

How often is it that producers make their own daw? Never. Kill yourself.

Heres the thing, I don't.
As said, only for stuff like claps and crashes, and I EQ them (and other effects) to make them sound a bit different.
Also, it doesn't matter if I didn't make the program, they sold it to music producers so they can make music.

get on my lvl, fgt

everybody samples amen break faggot
nothing new about that

hopefully I can :D I am a new producer

learn to play an instrument lazy shit

soundcloud.com/osc/you-dont-like-bass

none of you fags use ableton? Id love to turn it into a career one day. I use ableton live 9 now since i got a midi keyboard

I can, it's called a piano. And I use this in my music alot actually

Ever heard of a thing called synthesis? You're talking shit, go research. OP might be a lazy underage b8nd faggot that doesn't do it, but that does not apply to all electronic musicians.

I do do it, at a basic level for now though. I make my own sounds from 3xOsc and Sawer, and not presets

What would be the point of making the DAW? How would that affect the production method or the final result? You can make the exact same music in any DAW and it will sound the same. You're talking out of your ass and barely understand what a DAW is. What makes things sound different are the plugins, and the ones any serious producer will use have so many possibilities of customization, allowing sound to be literally built from scratch.

Use Sytrus or Harmor instead.

Am still learning these

You should look at getting into Serum, it's got me back into synthesis with its advanced wavetable functions. It's the most fluent yet functional user interface of any virtual instrument I've ever used.

Follow me on SC () and shoot me a message, I'm full of production information, especially as you are an FL user.

Ok, I shall try to get it :D
and I'll message

That's cool, mate! But play close attention to it and try to learn more, and understand different types of synthesis and the possibilities inherent to each one. I won't say it' the only one, but it's the surest mean to make your music sound the stale and generic.

Sytrus is rubbish. It's made so newfags listen to the presets and think 'wow, these are banger tunes themselves'.
Take a look at Fm8, if want to spend big buck.
Or free options by TAL (wonderfull stuff), also Helm, or Tyrell are all amazIng and rational synths. Sytrus should be called circus, cause its just for show.

>Fm8
ok, I'll check those out

OSC here again, listening to your Splitterponies track. Your mix is incredibly quiet, try balancing the levels of everything, and dropping some master compression on the mix.

Ever used Maximus?

most of the stuff on the soundcloud sounds like two pieces of raspy metal scraping against each other
markiplier is decent though, there's more of a melody

what's so appealing music that sounds like metal in a blender OP?
I sincerely want to know.

>fruity loops
>producer

Until you get anything else, you're better off with 3xOsc than Sytrus. It's just that it's really small, with fuck all possibilites, but you can learn a lot from it. Focus on one synth, either this or one of those I recommended, and learn it inside out. Don't think using higher tech (wether real or apparent) will make necessarily better music. And read about the science, or at least watch vids.

I kind of dig it, but I was into hardstyle and aggrotech at one point, so it appeals to that part of my brain.

>then there's this guy

Show me a project of yours that looks and sounds as good as mine:

Fuck this! Why you spread information if you don't know shit?
> Guy can barely mix
> Tell him to use a compressor.

Worst advice ever.

Sounds like shitty space noises to me. But I guess that's music today.

If you were to hear this right / if were to be better at making it, It's the hardness of the music mixed with the speed. And track that I am making that have more of a melody are not released yet, so expect better, hopefully...
This is because I used to turn down the master volume. Not anymore though. No, can't use that.
ok

Also, let me say, you must listen further into the track. Alot of times, I'll have the pure speedcore bit for the oldschool speedcore guys then have a melodic part in middle

How's middle school?

I'm actually not in middle school

I understand you probably meant to respond to , and I told him to use a multiband compressor on his final mix, because it's fucking Speedcore / Aggrotech. There's no fucking mixing to be done you idiot, it's just brickwall limiting, and that's the desired aesthetic.

He just needs to pump the gains and that's it, it would benefit greatly from a compressor. Shut the fuck up with your ritualistic puritan approach to mixing in production.

>turn down the master volume
never do that. control output with hardware, i.e. computer volume. the mix needs to be leveled.

soundcloud.com/osc/sets/newsongs2015
Overworldly gains, nignog.
Where's your screenshot? I wanna see that basic bitch 808 drum pad setup in Cubase, or your automation fuckpile in Reaper.

You should not have to listen deeper, it should just sound good or sound bad.

You've never listened to 4-hour-long techno/trance/hardstyle podcasts.

There is, because I add more elements to the track than just the kicks. Also, i know this now.

And i messaged on SC

Putting two sounds together is called mixing, kid. No matter how chaotic you want to sound.
Less compression = more transients = more aggressive (in general).
Multiband compressor for brickwalling is not even a joke.
Seriously, study more. You don't seem to even understand what compression really is.

When I said 'brickwalling,' I was being ironic in jest of the genre in question. You're a bit too much of a tight-ass. Enjoy the 2 years in music college that your parents paid for, because after that the only mixing you're gonna be doing is stirring cans of soup in your dumpster cardboard lean-to.

Enjoying watching anons getting all riled up and arguing.

If any of them had any talent, they'd be making music, instead of screaming and yelling with each other!

Only thing my parents had to afford me was teaching me how to read. Since I'm not lazy and don't fall for the illusion that authenticity = ignorance, that was enough for me to learn what I want to know properly. I hope one day you find the same strength.

what the fuck? FL10?

8 man, 9-11 were pretty similar though.

12 is garbage, I go over to my friends and use it sometimes, it doesn't go with my usual work flow and idc to learn it.

And absolutely not. The effect of more transients is *dynamics.* The effect of *perceived distortion* is more aggressive.

What the fuck do you think an overdrive or bitcrusher typically does with a signal?

When you crush the audio, and you're seeking a crushed sound, it doesn't matter whether you have a 70:1 SNR, unless you're intentionally going for hard-hitting loudness in dynamic.

The filthiest distortion does not necessarily depend on transients.
You can't apply your indie post-hard world magmapop bananacore production knowledge to everything, dickshit.

tl;dr If a nigga trying to have a blender sound, he doesn't need anyone to hear a pianissimo voice in the mix!

>I aint got dat hot fire (or verbose audio knowledge), so imma drop some of that 2016 life lesson on a nigga instead

I make trap beats. Judge me.

soundcloud.com/yungsuijin
fl studio 11 master race.
and i make money off it.
probably can live from it soon
1-2 years

And speaking of desired distortion, OP you should be seeking out signal destruction tools such as Ohmicide or iZotope Trash. Those would be worthy of your genre's arsenal.

It may actually breathe novelty into your mix.

Rate my tunes please mr music producer

soundcloud.com/user-804552535

people still make dubstep?
but i would've prob liked it 4 years ago

I have tried Ohmicide, I have too many problems using it. Not as in creating stuff with it, but it just fucks up things for me and when I remove them and add other things they end up sounding better. iZotope I can't get.

Here's teh song in the picture if anyone cares.
soundcloud.com/daydream_anatomy/stripping-gears-attempted-to-master-version?in=daydream_anatomy/sets/clockwork-calamity

that looks like a shit music

I do like a mix of EDM/Dubstep/Epic/Trance etc, try not to limit myself to one genre only recently started having the balls to try to get some feedback on it.

Distortion = enriched harmonic content. With less dynamics our ears perceive less of the distortion, because there's less variation in the body of the sound and so our brain is not as drawn to it.
If a person makes music with bad understanding of what they're doing, the reason is laziness, not artistic intention.
There's plenty of really agressive or chaotic music done by knowleadgeable individuals.
Listen to Surgeon, Paula Temple, Orphx. Or Noisia, Venetian Snares, Break..

I didn't know there was so many producers on Sup Forums this is great guys

Looks very simple to me and stop relying on reverb so much. Half of the tracks are full of the same clips

> Music producer
> Only has FL open and no other plug-ins

Good shit
Your Neurosis remix is pretty well donek

As said, I edit them at a smallr level in the playlist to make it less repetitive. You don't see this because it's zoomed out.

Because it isnt fucking hard to torrent some shit and use pure vengeance samples and be some fucking rave master