VERTIGO

It was not tremendous

Best music, imagery and atmosphere of any Hitchcock film, story is weak but serviceable. I'd give it a 9/10

Aside from Marnie it's probably my least favorite Hitchcock desu. He's at his best when he does as little as possible like in Rear Window or Dial M for Murder, and when he branches out into bigger shit he tries to maintain the same density of detail and it's like trudging through molasses.

Chinatown blows 'complex Hitch' out of the water in every conceivable way.

Vertigo was shite the first time i watched it but it became one of my favourites after repeated viewings

>the state of Kim Novak in the second part

Why'd she jump bros?

For the banter m8

seriously though , self fulfilling prophecy

same here, it's the rare movie that gets better each time you watch it

Fucking masterpiece

Bump

This movie was fucking amazing, primarily because I knew nothing about what was going to happen. Hitchcock successfully duped me with this one with that twist.

what's the best underrated hitchcock? like the ones that don't end up on top ten hitchcock lists but are still great

Hitchcock doesn't actually make good movies. He just makes movies where there are a few cool shots.

He's the penultimate meme.

Dial M is fucking shite m8

>Chinatown blows 'complex Hitch' out of the water in every conceivable way

They're completely different films, why even compare them you entry level cunt.

Hayes Code

I like Spellbound a lot, it's got a Vertigo style atmosphere although the story is a bit weaker. Lifeboat is good but rarely gets a mention.

It cannot match the depth and complexity of films like Batman v Superman. It doesn't evenhave religious symbology.

I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, however, I could not understand the actions of the MC.

Why would you be so angry at the woman you're with after finding out she really is the woman you fell in love with, and not just a very similar girl. Yes, she lied to you, but not for negative reasons. She wasn't cheating. She wasn't trying to take advantage of you. She was playing things safe, and even stayed with you when he came back into your life. Your unfounded anger drove her to die the way she faked her death.

Otherwise great movie.

because the MC was already blinded with lust for a character who actually was just a filter for this girl. A girl who is now trapped and chained within said character because of MC. So when MC finds out it's not really her and she was just acting as this false character, he basically lost what he was wanting for at the very start of the third act.

Frenzy is grossly underrated my man

You're retarded

She dies to complete her transformation into the illusion. She has spent so long trying to fill in Madeleine's shoes and become this doomed woman for Scottie that she begins to lose track of her own identity. So, she too is beginning to feel that her suicide, her death is inevitable, and when the nun comes up the stairs it both shocks her, yes, but cloaked in black shadows the nun basically appears to Madeleine as death, and she jumps/lets herself fall/falls.

Easily Topaz, it's a movie that gets shit on but it's honestly quite good. I recommend it very highly, it's a very complex, well-realized film that is seen as one of his worst, when it's one of his best.

Are you guys serious? I only saw it once and was sorely disappointed in all of the exposition and seemingly rushed ending.

I LOVE some other Hitchcock movies.

Vertigo is pretty overrated.

Rear Window is the top tier Hitchcock.

Well it's a story about basically falling for an illusion, for something that isn't real. He spends so long thinking that she's dead and remaking Judy into the image of Madeleine that he's become torn between the two. Just when he thinks he can move on from the biggest trauma of his life, something which trapped him completely, he finds out not only that he was betrayed and used, but that both women he loves have been lying to him and, basically, playing him the fool. Which is why he's kind of going so apeshit, it's a mixture of the biggest betrayal of his life, trying to finally move past this tragedy, and also the opportunity to be able to transcend his mistake. He wants to move on, but he's torn by how much he's hurt and how much he loves her, and making his way up the clock tower is his way of doing it over again and succeeding, of basically triumphing over himself.

But you're right, she really does love him and doesn't want to hurt him, and after he gets to the top with her he begins to realize it. They share that amazing embrace, but it's too late. He's warped her already, and she dies because of it. It's an amazing ending.

You people are so misguided. Rear Window is one of the most overrated, and Vertigo is one of those films that almost does deserve its reputation. I say that because some would place it as greatest of all time, which it isn't, but it's pretty fucking up there. One of the most gorgeous films to exist in terms of everything, thematically, musically, visually, it's an incredible touching story, it's very hard to praise that film too highly.

Rear Window is kind of one-note, it's by no means a bad movie but it really doesn't compare to some of Hitchcock's masterworks. Which are, I've always found, his more intimate, dramatic films which really deal with the nature of men and women, jealousy, lust, marriage, love, and so on.

I heard of this movie through a BBC documentary. Watched it when I realized the guy who scored this was the same guy who scored Taxi Driver. Knowing nothing about the 1950's, this movie was a pretty fun watch. A quick glimpse into that era.

It has one of the greatest soundtracks ever

Midge or Judy?

nah, Rope is his best

who cares, they're both dumb blondes who fell for an old looking man in a supposed existential crisis

yeah give it another go pal im nearly sure it has a reputation for needing to watch it more than once at this point

The CRIMINAL plot in Vertigo is like, on par with an episode of Monk.

I guess that's not what I was suppose to care about, watching it.

Just got done rewatching Psycho im glad its his most famous because it just does the deserve the praise it gets Janet Leighs scenes of her driving ae underrated their probably the best in the movie