Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice

The Ultimate Cut will be released on July 19th

The Ultimate Cut has been confirmed to run at ~183 minutes (182m29s to be exact), confirming that there will be ~31 additional minutes added to the film. Yes, this is a 3 hour film and it' is Snyder's original Director's Cut before WB decided upon a shorter theatrical cut (Snyder himself confirms these cuts were done relatively recent to the theatrical release)

It's expected the additional footage will mostly revolve around fleshing out the story and characters of the film, featuring such restored subplots as Clark Kent investigations in Gotham City regarding the Batman's activities, as a well as a re-cut and extended version of the scene in Africa, restoring the importance and weight of this story beat in the film.

The Ultimate Cut is also rated R, with the promise that most of the film's action scenes have been extended with more brutal and violent moments.

What are Sup Forumss expectation on this Ultimate Cut. No doubt it will flesh out the more sophisticated elements of the film, leading to a much stronger kinographic experience, but I do not expect it to change the minds of those holding on to more childish criticisms ("The Superman I know doesn't act like that!!" etc)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrAWEih2hBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's going to be better for the ones that liked the movie. The people who didn't like the movie won't bother to check it out.

>same time as bluray

does it mean, no theatrical release?

No confirmation about this. Keep in mind the blu-ray has not even been officially announced yet. All the info such as the release date and runtime have been leaked.

It could still be possible to see a limited theatrical re-release, but who knows.

>if we thore more shit in the shit maybe it will become less shit

Don't you people get it?

>letting logic and facts get in the way of memes

so, will it have a much needed intermission to pee?

Yes, clearly what this bloated, dreary mess of a film needed was 30 more minutes of violence

>get absolutely destroyed on the other thread
>start a new one to avoid getting his feelings hurt.
Why is this movie enjoyed exclusively by retards with OCD? I think they're just pretending to enjoy this tripe anyway.

This was the first post I made tonight mate.

Feel free to assume everyone is samefagging though

but what about WW nudity? what about the rumored scene where bruce cucks superman?

>182m29s
JUST

They don't need to spend 30 minutes explaining how Clark knows Batman is Bruce or how Lex knows Clark is Supes

The audience shouldn't be fucking retards & need this explained to them, one of the only good things about the movie

I liked the original alot, and i thought walking out it could've used an extra 30mins. I have been looking forward to this.

I hope for more wonder woman, she could use a little more development

July 19th

YES
FINALLY A DATE

Thanks OP

I am so fuckin hype

not sure if i should watch MoS and BvS in one sitting

Can't wait to see how fucked up this already garbage movie can get with a 3 hour runtime

I'm hyped

I expect the movie to go from bad to mediocre, hopefully.

I haven't seen it yet.

Should I wait until the extended cut to experience this capekino?

Didn't Battle of the Five Armies

Just wait, the studio fucked the film up with the cuts desu

At this point wait

Ultimate Cut will be the true experience

I garuntee if everyone posted 5 movies they liked they would get atleast a few replies of people shitting inna movie they think is good. Why can't people make BvS threads and be meme spamming retard free? Don't you shitposters realise you're opinions arenr facts. Garuntee you like a movie i think is shit and garuntee I like a movie you also like. I'm probably wasting my time, this /tv after all. Also I'm hype.

If they cut Luthor entirely it might be a 4/10. That piece of shit sucked any hope of redeeming quality right out. God he was awful. Literally his first words are "pa hoy hoy" fuuuuuck.

Additional story content is great, I just hope the movie was heavily re-edited for better pacing. All those dream sequences and the sudden JL webms were just so fucking out of place and ruined the already slow building pace of the movie

The Ultimate Kino

>throw in more shit

You mean the shit they originally filmed? Do you know what a "cut" is retard

>182 minutes
>not at least 240 minutes

An extra half an hour isn't enough to save this trash.

>went to see hateful8 at an indie cinema
>literally had an intermission and I had to go and by my wife and her son snacks while Tyrone took them to the toilets.

I hope the 20 of you have a good time.

Good luck with that.

>("The Superman I know doesn't act like that!!" etc)
The biggest faults in the movie were not Superman's ways, a darker version of Superman has been explored many times and this Superman wasn't that off-the-rails.
It was
>Batman going in and killing goons, which goes against nearly every Batman interpretation and the one thing that defines his character. Stabbing and shooting everyfuckingone
>Flash just outta nowhere
>Superman and Batman had no real reason to hate each other
>Supes stoping Bats when he's chasing the Kryptonite was a stupid move
>Dreams and flashbacks fucking up the pace
>Wonder Woman and the Justice League had pretty much no role but shoe-horned in for the next movie
>Fucking Lex Luthor
>Zod's ship's "MAKING ALIEN LIFEFORMS IS VERBOTEN BY THE COUNCIL" being circumvented by "but they ded"
>Doomsday coming out of a Krypton and Lex's DNA (Something Human-like and a human)
>Somehow, Clark and Bruce know their secret identity, and so does Lex
>Alfred not being an old wise guy that still looks like he's an ex-military (like Gotham's (the TV show) Alfred). Bit of an cherrypick, but still.
>Metropolis and Gotham being a ten minute walk from each other
>Oy vey Superman is dead now I'm a changed man while I've been hating on this guy the whole movie long
>Killing off Superman (they're reviving him anyway) while WW could've just as well charged the spear

That's what I can think of on the top of my head. The action was cool though.

I get that Batman was supposed to be shattered after being an alien god just does in 2 years what Bat couldn't in twenty, along with Robin and a lot of other people dying, but the plot was so weak.

Some stuff belongs on the cutting floor. In this case the entire thing does.

I'm pretty excited, i don't think the 30 mins is gonna be kino though, i bet it's there to fix issues that plebs had with the film, further discrediting them.

>Stabbing and shooting everyfuckingone.
What stops him from using guns all the time? At this point he is pretty much a soft version of the Punisher, it's even safer for him to carry a machinegun all the time.

this, plebs will prefer the ultimate cut, patricians will prefer the theatrical cut

if snyder actually liked the 'ultimate' cut it'd be dubbed the director's cut

I just want the actual Batman and Superman fight to be longer and more brutal. I didn't wait years for this fight to only last a few minutes

weird logic

>Watching non theatrical cuts. Ever

Well Watchmen theatrical was trashy and subsequent releases became GOAT.

Maybe there's hope? I really don't think jamming more into an overpacked movie will ever help though.

Honestly most of the problems in this movie I think are in the second half. We go from batman superman fight, to batman warehouse fight, to doomsday in less than 15 minutes.

Thanks user, I'm pretty excited for it.

Well I expect they'll include the whole "lure doomsday to gotham bit" that they left out.

One moment Bruce decides to lure dd to Gotham because that's where the spear is, the next minute they re there and Superman knows about the plan even though they never talked about it

Did nobody else notice that?

In any case, why did Superman not just throw dd into orbit and leave it there? It cannot fly.

Zod also didn't fly. At first

>It cannot fly.
Yet. It's kryptonian, it would have figured it out sooner or later.

Also, he shoots lasers from his eyes and mouth. Pretty sure that would propel him forward in space.

I think that was the plan but then he got nuked and I guess he just didn't feel like trying it again.

Lasers don't have concussive force it's just heat vision and would give no propulsion but I can't remember if at any point MOSverse heat vision is shown to exert force. Far as I remember all it ever does it melt things.

Delusional Faggot idiot, nothing g can change shit to gold. It's not childish people or marvel fanboys, it's those who have brains. This movie is GARBAGE. please consider suicide.

superman had previously seen batman leave the building where they had fought, leaving the spear there. when they meet again, superman asks if he got the spear when batman says he's been a little busy

goat supes/bats interaction btw

Supes gets blown away by his lasers. I don't see how it would not provide propulsion in space.

Doomsday never flies in the comics

Did Doomsday have lasers in the comics?

Pleb.

It's not lasers, is heat vision, and heat vision is concentrated energy that generates heat, it does have concussive force

I want aquaman to pop up in the tub with Lois lane

>It smells of fish in here!
>Oh, it's a clamshell!

You speak like a brute.

He speaks like a drunk guy on a cellphone, my bet is that he is one.

>kinographic
any shred of credibility and seriousness was thrown out the window when you used that word
nobody can take you serious when you use that word
try using it in a sentence in everyday life with someone who isnt autistic enough to spend all their time on the site
you will get looked at like some kind of retard

which you are

Pretty much all this

BvS a shit. No matter what

I'm hype as fuck for it. I think it will fill in a lot of the more glaring gaps in the narrative.

>triggered

>wanting to fit in with autists

haha i knew that one of you would reply

I'm the second guy you quoted, the one with the long ass post.

I wouldn't say it was all shit.
After you finally get through 4 hours of bullshit and get to the last 5 minutes when the fighting starts, the action scenes themselves are great.
Affleck's acting was superb as well. Cavill did his best but his character was just less impressive, but he certainly is/was a good Superman.
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is okay, I guess. The costume translated crappily from the comics to live-action and I guess she wasn't busty enough to pull it off, but she was decent. Her character was non-existant so there's little to say about her then "He danced, then slashed Doomsday's foot, then she said a sentence at Superman's funeral.".

But it's not the BvS we've been waiting for all these fucking years and I was hype as shit for it too.

this guy gets it, you retards lining up for Snyder's ultimate cuck just begging him for you to shit 31 extra times into your mouth.

I am extremely excited for this

I saw it 3 times in the cinema

I am really hoping for more of the bat-v-supes fight.

Also hoping that the "it's time you learned what it means to be a man" from the trailers gets into the film.

Also the scene from the first (unreleased) teaser at comicon, and the music, I hope that gets in too.

This I mean: youtube.com/watch?v=CrAWEih2hBo

That line is probably there.

The whole "Men are Brave" speech was definitely longer than it ended up in the film IIRC

>183 minutes
Fucking hell, who would actually put themselves through that?

>not the 4h cut
>We'll never see the 4h cut
Absolute garbage, fucking dropped.
Fuck WB.

4 hour cut isn't a thing that was ever going to be released

That was the unedited assembly cut. Every movie has this.

The 183 minutes is the actual refined, true director's cut. It was never meant to be more than that.

I was expecting at least another hour.

It's not very often that a full hour of actual usable footage is cut from a film.

30 minutes is a lot more than it sounds like. That amount of footage is capable of completely transforming a film.

Batman killed because he went insane after the death of Robin by the hands of The Joker in Suicide Squad, that's my pet theory.

Batman hated Superman because the first 2 minutes dipshit.

Lex Luthor wasn't even that bad, at least he was memorably bad instead of Zemo who was this really downtempo low energy bad guy who wanted some really mediocre family revenge. Eisenberg was campy brilliance.

Yeah killing tends to sober people up, also he already made up with him during their little scene.

The Marvel people here are really some of the biggest douchebags, just leave DC alone you guys got a good movie okay? Jesus Christ you don't need to keep screaming insults in a perfect innocent BVS thread.

You guys DO remember how Watchmen became a top 5 comic book movie post DVD? Oh sorry you were probably doing your 14th viewing of Spider Man 3 but it happened.

Just don't go so far in bashing BvS you can't even join the bandwagon if it turns out to be a masterwork.

fucking THIS

Once the Watchmen Director's Cut came out, reviews were pretty much unanimous in calling it excellent, and it's since been regularly featured in all sorts of lists for best capeshit, best cult films, most underrated films, etc, etc.

that music might be in the soundtrack
i don't know if there's still a link but there's a second disk with music not in the movie as it is now

Prove it

>thore
Nice.

I know I will, my man.

BUCKY
U
C
K
Y

17 of those minutes are credits

motherfucker, i was rly hoping that it would be more than 3 hours long. 30 minutes is more time than one would thnk tho, it could really add a lot. but still mane, 4 hours would be crisp

Is there a good torrent of theatrical yet?

>Batman hated Superman because the first 2 minutes dipshit.
>implying
It was nothing but manlet rage. The kind of rage a manlet feels when a normal sized man enters the roon and effortlessly makes his years of lifting and training meaningless. Batman used to be the big dog, but Man of Murder reduces him to nothing without any work, just by being kryptonian. That's how it starts, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns small men buttblasted.

Jena Malone on a stripper pole

I don't think you saw the movie in the theatres

After it had ended, most people were complaining about how Luthor knew who Clark was? Why'd Batman stop at Martha? How did Batman find Martha when Superman couldn't? Who designed the JL logos?

I mean the answers were either explicitly stated or implied or pointless but yet people found reasons to complain. DC shoud just stop trying to make cape an artform and start making the same assembly line bullshit as Disney

Both BvS and MoS are literally among the 20 best films of all times.

Why do you do this to yourselves
You're the laughingstock of the board already
Here, watch actual cinema

So does the Ultimate Cut replace Gal Gadot with a competent actress?

>Who designed the JL logos?

Seriously? It seemed less about who did it and more about how ridiculous it was that Luthor made these stylized logos for each of them, but again, him being a eccentric nutjobcould cover that.

My only complains with MoS were:
Lois and Clark fall in love too fast
Just a minute after killing Zod, Supes is smiling and happy, literally no impact

My complains from BvS were:
Gadot might be a good Diana but I didn't buy her Wonderwoman
Clark not stopping the trucks full of weapons but taking his time with Batman
The Flash and Aquaman
Foreshadowing Clark's resurrection

Rest was pretty fucking great to be honest, I really liked the Martha moment but I still think it would be better if he said Mom, the situatino is the same, Clark is not an Alien, he's a person who cares for people, specially his mom.

No that's in the special "WB here, we fucked up" edition

This.

Can't wait! My favorite part!