This is a 8-9/10 but not a classic or essential

ok

It's a 10.

Nope.

10/10 in my book familia

its his worst album...

I also don't understand why people give this a 10/10, but opinions are respected.

I'd probably give it a 10 honestly.

Not my cup of tea. 3/10.

Storm is 10/10 for me.
But the album in its entirety is probably a 7 or 8 yeah.

it clicks later

If this is your favorite post-rock album and you've been into the genre for more than a week, I seriously don't know what to tell you.

I'm almost at that stage. What are some of your favorites?

whats ur fav user

>first wave
cul de sac, cerberus shoal, earwig, pram, magnog, roy montgomery
>second wave
ganger, macha, do make say think, hangedup, steven r. smith, yume bitsu, set fire to flames
>third wave
rachel's, tarentel, the american dollar, lis er stille

Nice, haven't heard of most of the bands here. I'll definitely give them a listen

skinny fist is better than most of those desu

>his

u wrong

F#A#Infinity > Slow Riot > LYSF > Allelujah > Asunder

it's a terrible album to recommend to other people. my favorite moments in songs are well worth sitting through the song length but i'd never expect someone else to do the same

>no talk talk

everyone knows them
everyone knows DMST too so i probably shouldn't have mentioned them but goodbye enemy airship puts LYSF to shame

Why is it considered normal to sit through a 2 hour length movie but not an hour and a half length album?

>9/10
>not essential

what are you P4K?

also that album is a snoozefest

>MUH CRESCENDOS
>MUH FEELS

Why is it considered normal to sleep for 8 hours straight but not to masturbate for 6 hours?

Sleep is essential to staying alive. Masturbating is not and its a nasty habit. Music is just as valid an art form as film, and deserves equal attention.

>Opinion, opinion, opinion
Thanks for your opinion. Maybe some people don't completely agree with it, and maybe their behavior in everyday life is accordingly different.

It's a 10 tho

no he's right

nah

this fighting is giving me ptst

Agreed.

F#A#Infinity>=Yanqui U.X.O.>Slow Riot For Zero Kanada>LYSFLATH

Still haven't listened to Asunder or Ascend, don't really care to to be honest I'm sure neither of them measure up to their original monumental works.

> sleep is essential to staying alive
> opinion

>i only appreciate things that nobody else does
glhf with that

I think Static is better desu

It is definitely a 10/10
It is absolutely essential listening
Thinking otherwise is silly

>This thread is bait by someone who thinks the album is a 10/10 who wants to get people to listen to Skinny Fists

Skinny fists is a 10/10 BECAUSE it's a meme

that album is a 10

True, it's not even their best album

True, the EP is their best work.

>No GY!BE
>No Talk Talk
>No Slint
>No Mogwai
>No Swans
>No Tortoise

ok buddy, keep being "patrician"

i'd say it's a 9.3/10, a classic, but not an essential.

>lists post rock bands that are worst than gybe >mentions them anyways expecting people not to have heard of them
>a post rock hipster

The only above average track is Sleep. The rest is mediocre and boring. Easily one of their weakest albums.

7.8/10
a classic

>Sleep is essential to staying alive
>Opinion

What did you mean by this?

>tarentel
>worst than any band

I think he was specifically avoiding well known bands. DMST is an oversight obviously. (Although I would say Pram and Yume Bitsu are also pretty well known among people who have ever knowingly listened to this genre.)

Certainly I don't think one should be obligated to bring up "founder of a genre"-level references like Talk Talk every time they discuss the genre. That's what makes Sup Forums tedious and what makes entire genres begin to seem like a meme (shoegaze...) to "outsiders."

Mama Mia!

Thanks m8, ganger was a good rec.