ITT: Great albums that drop the ball on the last track

ITT: Great albums that drop the ball on the last track.

no

the first 25 seconds of soon sound like nu-metal

But last track is great
But that's literally daft punks best song

ARTIFICIAL DEATH IN THE WEST EAST
PYRAMIDS ON DECK SHINE
Wrong on all accounts there, user.

couldve their best album :'(

Is this a meme that went too far? Why does everyone hate The Overload?

its a bad song lmao, just out of place and boring

Jesus Christ how fucking retarded are you
Soon is great

If you mean the second side in general, I could agree

it's not the best track. The guitar playing and guitar tone is good but the drums and that cheesy melody are bad

Especially that melody. Worst track on the album, followed by touched.

"No."
Muh poppy dance beat in a shoegaze song.

>replies with memes
I hate you and if I ever saw you in real life I would try my very best to harm you

jesus christ
terrible opinion

seen and not seen is the best song on the album cunt

Aww, muffin... :^)

probably hasnt even listened to the album if he thinks the overload isnt the shittest song on the album

>WAHHH WHY DID IT GET SLOWER
>I CAN'T PAY ATTENTION TO THIS

Filtered :^)

Remain In Light is nearly flawless and they decrease their amount of energy slightly with each track until it draws out at the end of The Overload. Stop having shit taste, guys.
>seen and not seen is the worst song on the album
Ftfy
This.
>probably hasn't even listened to the album if he thinks the overload is the shittest song on the album
Ftfy.
This.
Whatever gets you hard, princess.

Don't you trash talk Soon

>replies to everyone in the thread
>ostensibly likes grimes
Jesus Christ lad you're batting .000

bait
Train in Vain is literally top 5 from that album.

bait
Easily the most overrated track from The Clash

This is true

If you don't like Soon that means you didn't like the album yet

But I didn't reply to every ITT, user.

Come on Elliott you have so many 10/10 closers and so many great songs to pick from and you close Figure 8 with this shit? You can do better

Artificial Death In The West is the absolute peak of the paranoia and bleak, cryptic imagery that makes NLDW such an amazing album. If you think it's the worst you missed the point idek what else to say

Avalon is a beautiful way for the album to end, what don't you like about it?

>Thinking it would be better for the album to end on the poppiest, most upbeat track on the disc
>Hating a perfectly good song and an amazing closer with a fantastic buildup because the lyrics are like one step down from the rest of the album
Come on user you're better than that

Yep

Videotape literally reversed my opinion on In Rainbows and now it's one of my favorite albums
I can understand liking one of the different arrangements from 2006/Scotch Mist/Live From The Basement but hating it outright? Shit dude it's one of their best songs

Then maybe you should stop responding to him idiot

desu the fact that the album starts with one of the greatest pieces of guitar ever made doesnt help itself

Actually I think the album should've ended at Untitled and that Archers is the absolute worst track on the album, but Handcuffs is still shit.

And Figure 8 should've ended at I Better Be Quiet Now.

what, you don't like fart sounds in your music?

If I might ask, why would you say so? Going For The Bum is like a 7-8/10 overall, and I would say either Awaken or Turn of the Century were the best tracks on it. I get that its not as perfect as Gates of Delirium or even Close to the Edge, but it has a pretty mean guitar riff and Wakeman did a great job on it, even if it is a bit overblown in places. Certainly better than Wonderous Stories

underrated post

worst new trip

Everyone always says this but I think Archers is in a good spot. It's like one triumphant glimmer of hope at the very end before Handcuffs drags it back down into uncertainty and sadness for the ending. Untitled would be a pretty GOAT ending though, they've been moving it to the end on this tour and closing with it and it makes a huge difference

And oh god I love Elliott more than anything but I can't stand Better Be Quiet Now. Can't Make A Sound isn't the best thing he ever wrote but at least it makes for a good finale to the album

Personally, it seems rather aimless, much in the same way that Tales is. Sure the intro is kick ass, but it drags way too much in the middle. I always feel that its over, but then see that it goes on for 8 minutes.

To be fair, it used to be the same way for Gates of Delirium, but I grew to like that track, especially after hearing the version on Yesshows.

Perhaps in time, it will grow on me.

you are continuing to be nearly as bad a tripcode user as montie

Honestly I really like Handcuffs, I do not understand the hate for it.

kill yourself

>he doesn't like Montie
Ayy.

How desperate for attention are you? Clearly its a serious problem for ypu, so take a (You) free of charge.

>How desperate for attention are you?
>proceeds to give me attention
This is why you were bullied in school, user. :^)

I'll give you that, the middle is a bit of a slog, and it just doesn't know where to end. I would argue that it is a in-the-moment thing, moreso than GoD and certainly CTTE. I have to be in the right mind for Awaken personally, sometimes it totally clicks and its divine, sometimes its just meh. I adore Gates, which IMO is their magnum opus, but I personally couldn't dig the Yesshows version much. I think Yes is a great live band, and typically did as well or better live, but it doesn't seem to have the same vibe. Although they do Soon so well on that version, especially Anderson

Agreed on Soon. I also think the battle section sounds much more dynamic live than in the studio.

But again, this is all just my opinion.

what would you have chosen as the end track? i dont love bound 2 but i think it fits well at the end

the rest of the album just ends up living in its wake
should've been towards the end desu

I'm so fucking triggered right now.

first track = worst track
closer = true highlight

this 1 million fucking times

IMAGINE IF THIS ALBUM ENDED WITH BARBARISM BEGINS AT HOME AND HOW GOOD IT COULD HAVE BEEN

but morrissey had to be a pretentious cock and end his best work with a preachy 6 minute ballad about >muh vegetarianism.

All of side b

Good.
Imagine how good it'd be if The Smiths were actually good. :^)

Weeping Wall is alright though and Warzawa is kinda nice

Heck no

I really like The Overload, it's one of my favorite tracks on the second half. Very atmospheric.

holy shit fight me faggot

You are easily the most cancerous tripfag on this board

I love Melvins and this album, but ugh is that last track exhausting after two minutes.
It's the most fitting closer to an album with that sound you doofus
That's one of the best songs on that album you dingo

What the fuck is wrong with you?

This guy gets it.
It's really not.
See

Pet Sounds

the smiths are good :^( shut up

these are all objectively incorrect.

if you mean Trilogy as a whole then you're very wrong
if you mean just Eliminator Jr. then you're very right

nope it's classic