Itt:overrated movies

itt:overrated movies

Top kek. Deadpool was great and different. Edgy contrarian high schoolers I fucking swear.

Fuck off it wasn't overrated

You start OP.

So, Freakazoid movie when?

Sucker Punch

It wasn't different enough

How was it overrated? Look at its competition. It's better than most capeshit movies on its own and succeeded despite being pushed by a company with no faith in the project.

Shame about the sequel though. You just know they are gonna dump a shit ton more money into the sequel and overhyped the fuck out of it only for it to be the same shit as the first movie.

I could watch just the beginning of this movie and still laugh

they completely missed the mark with the intent of the character.

deadpool was supposed to be a tragic hero. his humor is there as a defense mechanism and because his story would be grim as fuck without it. the guy has tried to kill himself a shitload of times, he's tortured blind al, and that cool bartender friend of his in the movie? he kills him.

ryan reynolds was too innocent puppy dog for this role, they needed someone who could pull off some believable self loathing.

I watched it yesterday, here's what I think sucked about it:

>Deadpool was the only interesting character
>wasn't hilarious or really funny, I smiled a few times but that's it. The only funny moments are the interactions between DP and his bartender buddy
>the main villain was a joke and basically just an average Joe that doesn't feel pain
>Colossus and the other X-men girl weren't necessary in the movie
>too many references to the real world ''I don't want a green suit or animated'' ''They could only afford 2 X-men in this movie'', ''the mansion blows up every couple of years''
>Deadpool is supposed to be only ''healing faster'', yet he has almost supernatural agility
>like in a lot of action movies, bad guys with machine guns can't aim for shit

should have been a 60-70% on rotten tomatoes, not 83%

>Tells parents not to take kids to cinema
>Most of the humor in the movie only makes middle schools laugh

???

All valid points

I think a lot of people just focus on the fact that Deadpool is edgy, funny, and self-aware, which makes it different from the regular super hero fare, so much that they overlook its many flaws

Personally I really hated the way they told his story. The way they would interrupt the action in the present for flashbacks on his origin story.

I'm not a fan of linear storytelling but it really didn't fit this movie well

Summer is here.

So very wrong actually exceeded my expectations

>reddit is here

Yeah we can tell by your post

Movie would have been great if they used someone instead of Ryan renolds. I can't stand Ryan Reynolds

I hate how he got a push there for a little while where they wanted him to be a serious action hero

To me he'll always be Van Wilder and that guy from Waiting, a drunk aging pathetic party frat boy desperately clinging to his glory days and not accepting the fact that he's an old man now.

I agree it was alright 6/10 not really that funny either

>he lost the penis showing game

Youve accurately described ryan reynolds life. He only accepts work based on how accurately it can portray this

What has happened to this board? reddit users actually think they belong here.

Then why are you here?

Went on reddit once a few years ago I didn't like the interface and how it was layed out never went back

Lord of the Rings 1-3

Mad Max Fury Road

Yes.That is what i'm saying to you.You can lap up all the memes and XD moments of deadpool with your reddit friends.

>>Deadpool is supposed to be only ''healing faster'', yet he has almost supernatural agility
Lolwut? He is one of the best Earth melee fighters in 616.

literally everyone in this subreddit spends all day calling good movies overrated. This post is redundant

petty much, why does Sup Forums get the laziest trolls?
watching them flail about like this shames my sense of troll pride.
Show some dedication to your craft, for fucks sake.

>only deadpool was interesting
>i didnt enjoy Colossus
How can you have such shit taste

It was fun

It's a gay thing right? I haven't seen it but the whole thing seems very gay.

Colossus was just a stuck-up, boring CGI metal man voiced by some asshole overacting the russian accent

>great and different

It's the same marvelshit as always except with meta (which is cheap as fuck creativity wise) and swearing.

>overrated
You mean, a movie that people considered fun but nothing beyond that is considered overrated?

Stop using that word you degenerate retard.