Have you ever had a Near Death Experience?

Have you ever had a Near Death Experience?

Share.

interested

Had a stroke bad enough that I hit the floor, didn't bang my head on anything though, and I pulled through before the EMTs even arrived. The best way I can explain what dying feels like is this....if you've ever played an old nintendo game, and you didn't blow on the cartridge before you put the game in, and it loads up and the image is all glitchy, and the sound is distorted, it's like that happens to reality all around you. That's what dying feels like, your brain glitching out.

checked

nice pents

Stroke guy again, posting img to explain what I mean, also check em

well he is not lying. This is now Near sexts experience thread :)

When I was 5 I stepped backwards onto the deadliest snake in the world and it but my sandle strap

that's fucking scary

Pokemon go servers are fucked,I have a Near Death Experience right now.

Hmmm but that's also kinda what happens when you're about to feint. Or is it different in some way?

They just released it in my country today, everyone's downloading it. The servers are totally flooded, and noone can access it.

>ggffat20

Yes
> be me
> almost die

Usually you faint when your brain isn't getting enough oxygen, because you're hyperventilating or something else, basically your brain is dying, so the results would be similar.

Holy fucking McJesus Czech'd

Yes Im deathly afraid of coconuts and one time I almost accidently bit into a bounty bar

Died for 2 minutes, heroine overdose.

You'd think I'd learn.

Not really. Although I once took some lsd with friends and ended up thinking they were going to kill me for ~8 hours. I haven't touched it since

The dubs in this thread is real. Also the pents

Anyone had a similar experience like this?

when I was like 12 I drowned and was dead for two minutes.
I didn't even know I was dead. It was like sleeping without a dream.

I have been terrified to die ever since.

WTC South Tower 9/11 8th floor.

Time stamp or fag off

>kek

Fell from fifth floor on asphalt, broke every single bone... but that moment when your face is closing in to the asphalt, and the flight was eternaly long.. there is god, i can tell you thay for sure

>sleeping without a dream
so like.. blank?
darkness?
no thought? no conscience? no god?

had one, kinda like this. i still was concious and knew something was up but everything was glitchy and could not recognise anything.

Soo? Just like getting put under for like a surgery or something right?

I've been clinically dead twice, from heroin overdose.

don't remember shit.

That's what I've always felt death was like...just nothing

Almost got hit by a car when i was 11, Heart fell down to my ass, dropped on the ground and did the dinosaur

I fapped to pictures of Stalin. My parents walked in. Almost died from a heart attack from both being scared of them and cumming at the same time...

My experience is not to far off from
I stopped breathing from bad asthma attack. Passed out. Think I died. my vision shifted between darkness and this weird distorted kaleidoscope vision. My hearing was distant but also on an intense loop. Kind of like the start of the song comfortably numb.

I remember being aware that I was dead. Then feeling terrified because I was seemingly stuck in my body. Although I couldn't feel my body at all. I wanted so badly to talk to the people around me trying to revive me but I couldn't. It drove me crazy. I believed I was being punished and that I was in hell. I had to abandon all hope just to keep from suffering further.

well then.. there's really nothing to fear, eh.

great pun.

>check'em

Gawd damn user, what were like 500lbs?

>I had to abandon all hope just to keep from suffering further.

oh

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"

The tingly feeling when your foot falls asleep, you get that all over your body, then you can't really feel anything

That sounds fucking terrifying.

check em

Check em please

This guy hereReally? I remember it all, including what happened when I was, "dead."

Being revived was like that scene in Pirates of the Caribbean when they flip the boat, I shit you not. I remember just floating through nothing with someone breathing on my back and mumbling sweet nothings, really wanted to see who/what it was but couldn't move.

Before dying I was just watching my mum crying while people were slapping my face etc and when I was floating I just remember thinking, "Man, she didn't deserve that." And I was just upset that I'd upset her, didn't care that I was dead as I seemed to know what was happening. Hard to explain.

And then I was back all of a sudden.

I weigh 130 dude, you don't need to be fat to have a stroke

are u saying it was like sleep paralysis?

Sleep paralysis is really fucked up. Not to be compared with dying.

It's a lot like that, yes, except you can't see or hear clearly either

What was the official cause?

Sounds like you remembered tripping on heroine, not the act of dying.

I was really high driving around playing Pokémon Go. Almost drove in front of a train that just had a yield sign marking it at night. I was lucky the engineer had blown the horn or I would have been killed. Never again.

An OD is, yes. Except it feels fucking amazing to the point that it's hard to care that you're up shit creek. The being dead bit wasn't though. I was "somewhere else," I guess.

I had one when Obama was re-elected.........

i've had it before, very similar where i was on my bed and could feel someone breathing and touching behind my back like what said. wanted to see who it was but couldnt move

Sounds like you've watched "The Void" fuck off

Almost drowned as a kid wake boarding. Got shot in a fight. Got stabbed 3 times in another fight. Stupid hot headed kid when I was younger.

quints you filthy madafaka

ITS
THE
NUTSHACK
made me commit near commit suicide

Yes, now when I think about this inscription I think it is a great mercy to those entering hell. Hope of escape makes the suffering 100x worse.

Not him but I've overdosed on heroin. You just feel really really high and awesome and then your vision fades to gold static and then nothing but blackness.

Wasn't my first time down the rabbit hole bruh, but perhaps you're right.

I haven't, would you recommend it?

>be me
>open thread
>expect nothing and then 404
>go read Sup Forums about Turkey
>come back
>(55)

Well, shit. Let me catch up now!

lived with it my whole life, ur making dying seem underrated

Sounds like what happens when blood runs away from your brain: lots of white dots, more and more, until all is white and you hear less and less and eventually lose consciousness.

Feinting, sure, dying, no.

>gold static
Sounds like a barrel o' fun to me.

Sounds like "locked in syndrome".

Some people live in that state. It's my worst nightmare.

ITT: people don't know what an NDE is.

It's not just nearing death, it's when you experience these strange phenomena: life review, seeing dead people, seeing a tunnel, light at the end, "God", being sent back for loved ones or a mission, etc.

Thanks for clarifying, Dad.

I have a heart condition from birth, smoked a huge joint with my brother, started sparring/fighting and stuff, hot day outside, a mix of dumb shit basically

yeah, until you come back around.

Can you count to 5? Apparently not

Who the fuck are you. Tell the guy who almost got bit by the snake that that wasn't a near death experience because he didn't see any of that. It sounds to me like you're fucking retarded. God I wish I could kick vegetables like you in the cunt

>vegetable cunts
well ive got work to do today
thanks

The glitching out was the DMT your dying brain releases. Science!

dude, i think your stroke glitch effect is definitely due to the way your brain is fucking up and less to do with dying. seizures can be similar if you dont black out. everything just feels real fucked up, like your senses dont arent coming together properly
Never died, myself. trying to save that trick for last

You're implying that who were are isn't just our brain, I think that's a different discussion entirely and mostly a matter of opinion

Asthma guy here. Sometimes I wonder if I was having a dmt trip. I would definitely describe my experience as psychedelic.

true, but.. here's the thing I don't get; why does that happen? Where's the evolutionary advantage in your brain releasing a combo is opiates and LSD when going out of business?

Got electrocuted twice, slipped on a ledge almost falling a few hundred meters nothing special

injuries?

Can confirm that it sucks dick. Wasn't the same for like a week after, had some memory issues.

true. even seeing it secondhand it wouldnt make evolutionary sense to give you comfort about death.

almost died in childbirth with my mum

I had a really severe fever once, and I experienced what seemed to be death.
Basically, it felt like an LSD trip. I imagined small gnomes fighting over portions of my bedsheets and all mental functions were pretty much on lockdown. I am fairly sure I was literally paralyzed, as when I wanted to get some help from my parents, (whom I lived with at that time) I couldn't bring myself to even speak. I heard a really sharp noise that sounded like a television on a static channel that persisted until I eventually passed out completely hours later. Long story short, I woke up the next morning and was rushed to the ER when I told my parents what happened.

same here, it's walking hell.

"NDE" is a very established term since the 1970's. It does not refer to narrow escapes from death, it refers, very specifically, to the phenomena associated with such events. Learn the difference before acting cocky.

I got sick with whooping cough and couldn't sleep for a week. My eyes went red like that chick in the flood.

You clean yourself up?

Almost died from drinking too much then got lost in the ghetto for 5 hours

yes, but that constitutes abstract intelligence, self awareness and sentience. A human observes another human dying, and learns that the dying human is not in pain and/or fear and thus can live without a too deep set fear of death. This makes sense. But, the same should occur when other mammals die? What does a dog gain from watching another dog die whilst tripping balls?

it's tricky stuff brah.

>muh religion

Evolution is an optimization process driven by random mechanisms...i.e. there is often not a "reason" for why certain things are the way they are. Evolution is not a conscious "designer" that produces things with a specific goal in mind...it simply "picks" the best random alteration and enhances it. That particular trait just randomly happened to be the one which became dominant. So, to return to your question of "Why does the brain release DMT when dying?", the answer is that there IS no answer. There is no selection pressure for or against that trait, it just happens. As to the mechanism itself, I suspect that there is just a global breakdown of function in the brain, leading to a dump of ALL neurotransmitters. When the reuptake pumps fail, the neurons just dump their contents into the extracellular space. The result is pleasant hallucinations, giving the impression that humans are not "meant" to feel pain when dying. Imposing that kind of rationale, however, is simply creating meaning out of chaos. If you watch TV static long enough, your mind will start to see patterns which aren't there, simply because the human mind is "wired" to find patterns in chaos in order to better understand the environment. To wrap this up, I suppose the answer to your question is that the brain is finding meaning in meaninglessness, simply because that is what the brain does. We look for patterns to make sense out of our environment, which sometimes leads to spurious conclusions. There is no reason that the brain hallucinates when dying, but there IS a reason that this trait appears to be a built-in mechanism.

You can't even die.

yep, clean and sober for 13 years.. wasn't easy, but wouldn't trade sobriety for anything today.

When I was a kid I got laryngitis while I was sleeping. My throat was so swollen I couldn't really breath or talk. My body reacted to it adrenaline to wake me up and as soon as I woke up I tried to scream for my sisters but only a rather quiet squeak came out. Don't ask me why but I couldn't move my body properly and had to wait till someone finds me. I was somewhat paralyzed. I after the adrenaline lost its effect I became dizzy and felt asleep again. When I woke up I was in an ambulance.

>do u even underworld?