ITT: we fix this

ITT: we fix this

How are we ranking them? By value to society? By money you can make upon graduation? By chances of winning a nobel prize?

by personal opinion obviously

>Cooking
>Shit tier
That should be at least low tier, everyone eats at a restaurant.

Value, money and some personal opinion.

A cooking degree does not a chef make

wheres media studies

Cooking is still not shit tier.
Imagine a world without good restaurant food.
>Waiter I would like the salmon
>Get a shrivled hunk of burnt over-lemoned shit

Half of these aren't even majors
>medicine?
Just say biology in good tier and biotech in high tier

>zoology = shit tier
basically the same as biologoy with a specialization which isn't even mentioned, would put one slot beneath chemistry

whoops, quoted the wrong person

I know someone who studied in business and is currently making $65,000 and it's only his second job. He's been graduated for only 4 years too.

So if that's not that good then idk what is.

>no genetic engineering
It's like this thread exists to piss me off

I would put Computer Science in God Tier. There's nothing better than knowing that you can fuck up someone's computer in a minute, or being able to spot weird file hidden somewhere.

economics,finance -> low tier

They earn money by jewing people.

And I know five people who had business degrees, two of which from Bentley, and current work for $16/h at Walgreens

Was a ChemEng student switching to Information Technology because it's so much better.

IT is easy though

Or you end up keeping a companies network, spying on your own collegues, or make apps for braindamaged manchildren. There are a LOT of stupid things you might be forced to do.

you have strange idea of what computer scientists do

Every computer science major I've met has been an overgrown child mascarading as an adult.

History and philosophy should be at least mid tier.. We can't ignore our heritage, that's what niggers do

IT isn't even middle class anymore, all they have is a desk.

Were they web guys? they wont last the decade.

There are literally no non-actuarial jobs for a math degree right out of school unless you go to grad school

but it's not directly productive, i agree that it's nice to have these but if i had to decide which school subjects should get dropped these were some of the first ones to go

If you're talking financially film would be high up. The amount people in the film industry get paid is ridiculously large.

Exept high end programming...

you ignore the thousands who end up getting no job in the business
it's just like presenting becoming a rapper as a valid option because some nignog makes millions of dollars

One was CS, one was IT, one was undecided, and the fourth I can't remember. But what they all had in common is they hadn't changed at all since I knew them in highschool except they were fatter and alot more insecure. One of them has nice guy syndrome too I try to distance my self from him

and low quality programming
> we take anyone with Physics, Maths, Engineering...

Also teaching and all other general graduate stuff.

>One of them has nice guy syndrome too I try to distance my self from him
Wat. What does he do that pisses you off so much?

Oh, you're just describing the fat geek kind of guys who would be proud to own a computer repair shop. I thought you were talking about people in the industry, like the cafe shop stereotype or the IBM consultant.

I'm studying Psych, it's a decent enough course if you're willing to put the work in, it's in the right place on the chart though

>Art
>womans studies
>non-lit English
>FACS
>Anything related to religion
>computer anything
>history of anything except world/whatever country you live in
Assuming we're talking on the high school level all these things could be done without compared to History/Philosophy

Lack of philosophy leads to Africa, it depends on the society you want your kids to live in, the most productive thing we can do as a species is make pic related obsolete

Chemist reporting in.

This. Kids should be taught philosophy younger then they might make more informed life choices

Two of them work in offices at 20 so I'm not far off.
He bitches about not being able to get a girlfriend constantly when he's a fat anime-watching neckbeard who treats women like 2nd class citizens. That would describe me too except I don't bitch about it constantly like it's their fault I'm a fat piece of shit.

In the US they try to teach a bunch of common sense courses, and look at them. Looks like that technique backfires dramatically.

Being taught common sense by window licking retards is never going to work

> Two of them work in offices at 20 so I'm not far off.

I worked in an office at 16, I owned office space at 20. It's nothing special to work in an office, it's the work you are doing that matters.
I think you are very far off.

The problem with this is kids can't really grasp it too well until their at least 12-13. Before that you're just indoctrinating them with a lot of made up bullshit which is useless to them since they'll take it all literally and have no capacity for introspection. I agree Philosophy is very useful but teaching it before 8th grade is probably a waste of everyone's time.

I think it's useful to make them think about things and consider their own philosophies. That's only appropriate for parents to do though, it would be a clusterfuck in a large class.

History, yes. Philosophy, ehhh.

Who said majors? We're talking about degrees.

It worked pretty well for Hitler... Just saying..