Programming is all about if and elses. prove me wrong. pro tip: you can't

programming is all about if and elses. prove me wrong. pro tip: you can't

One can do math also.

If and else are higher-level constructs since humans are too stupid to understand all the possibilities of branch-equals.

Programming is all about NAND at the lowest level

It's input that has a fuckload of cases on how to handle input.
Variables, exceptions, semicolons, pointers, unicode ...

Programming is all about yes or nos prove me wrong

I've already discussed this with Netjester. This is old info. Life, as computing is either Yes or no. The combinations of Yes and or no maybe or not how and so make the world.

Have you heard of The Machine?

Just use goto. Fuck jmp and modifiers of jmp. Fuck the police.

Programming has nothing to do with unicode

This is too easy. Sure it's 0's and 1's, but 0's and 1's just encode data: they don't transform it. A transistor isn't just "yes and no" - it's "if". Connect the circuit IF a threshold is met on the gate. That's why transistors have 3 prongs, not 2.

Use an array of two functions and use a boolean (cast to int -> 0 or 1) to select the index of the array and execute that function to achieve a branch.

And get off windows you fucking newfag

programming is all about outputs based on inputs

Goto is literally just a branch-equals where you set a register to 0 and pass that as the comparator. Once again, programming is all branch-equals

>never heard of functional languages

YOU PEOPLE AND THE PRO TIP BULLSHIT....ITS A DEAD MEME

>'if gate' is a circuit
kek

> That's why transistors have 3 prongs, not 2.
That third prong is literally just supplying a yes or no current back to the transistor.

The use of regex says otherwise... unless sanitizing input isn't a concern.

IF

you mean it's about evaluating "true" conditions over "false" conditions

THEN

you're correct. It's all about whether something is definitionally true. You even declare those things sometimes, other times, it's already built in

regex is cancer

You got me on that one.

see

shut your mouth you dirty whore

>
>regex is cancer
Found the guy that makes an if else tree with 1000 elsif conditions

Better than reinventing the wheel. Learning regex is cancer, but even cancerous things hold some use... i.e. Java

fucking nerds

this is why you have no friends

We call those switch statements and they are not only understandable, but also don't take a dedicated machine to process.

or a switch statement and have a compiler generate those elseifs and get real performance and readability you faggot

Type of niggas who create a function filled with string.find

That device you're using right now is pretty nice. So is the browser and Sup Forums's software.

What they all have in common is people spent time to create these 3 things so you can shitpost.

> (You)
>We call those switch statements and they are not only understandable, but also don't take a dedicated machine to process.
I was getting you until the last part. What the hell a dedicated machine?

>implying

i'm guessing it was a joke referring to a dedicated node in an aws cluster

there is a difference between making shit to get paid, and arguing about it over the internet like a bunch of sad fucks

>arguing about it over the internet like a bunch of sad fucks

argues with people on the internet about how sad they are for arguing on the internet about best practices in their profession

How do you describe data with if/else?
What is an integer, a float, an array or a struct?

Objects nigga

wrong.

programming is about ifs and gotos only.

gotos may be hidden from view today, but they are still there.

also, an "else" is just a disguised if.

if only people made fast food threads and argued about how to survive on the dumpster yield you would have a constructive place to shit post

programming is about dealing with unrealistic deadlines imposed by management who don't understand what they're asking for while living under the threat of being outsourced to pajeetistan.

ding ding ding

>implying I have a job
>implying any of you have jobs

YES.
And not to mention the stock holders.
Dealing with people everyday who think computers are magic and you can just 'make it happen' right then and there.

six figgys my niggy

10 print "go cuck yourself cucklord"
20 goto 10

you forgot else if faggot

>Dealing with people everyday who think computers are magic and you can just 'make it happen' right then and there.

>user how long will it take for you to deliver n requirements
give honest answer
>thats too long so instead of listening to you I'm going to cut your estimate, and then making you give constant status meetings that suck up time you could be working. I'll then give you shit for not being on track for my insane scheduled.

A processor is just a nested IF function so basically you are right

>this is bait
r-right?

yes senpai, i made a funny