This shit is out of control

this shit is out of control.
a man that does not even play the final gets more credit than the valiant warriors that won it for the country

>no mention of Rui Patricio saving 7 shots
>no mention of Pepe being the man of the match, defender of the tournament
>no mention of Sanches being young player of the tournament and taking the reigns
>no mention of the goalscorer in the final

this is why he is hated.
Not because of things he does, because jumping around like a toddler to show emotion is still passionate to an extent, but the way media centers around him and his brand and doesn't highlight the players that won everything for him. No mention of Scholes in '08, no mention of Di Maria and Ramos in '14, no mention of Ramos and Bale in '16, no no mention of the above players. Disgusting. He's won it all alone without even playing.

>this is why he is hated.

THIS IS AWESOME

The whole "Ronaldo is a selfish prick" narrative is dead. People are openly suggesting Messi is lacking because his lack of international hardware.

Ronaldo = great guy and team player
Messhit = tax cheat, loser, quitter

all is right with the world

Isn't it ironic how all these threads saying Ronaldo shouldn't get any attention or doing nothing but bringing attention to him?

What about Scholes? He scored a great goal. Ronaldo scored one in the final.

You know guys, when Charlie Conway couldn't play for the Ducks no one slated him for becoming another coach.

He was a real leader then and so is Ronaldo now.

>Renato

stop with the memes pls, he had like 2 good games, our best young player is Raphael

>pays his taxes
>fucks hot ladies
>is not a flaming faggot
>all round team player and unselfish
>carries his team and doesn't get his ass bailed out by nani

All round great guy desu senpai

so?he did play the other games, you retard.

Yeah it's like rain on your wedding day.

Ronaldo is current world record holder for free kick attempts without a goal at 51

He has taken 36 free kick attempts at Euros and WC and has scored 0 goals

He has taken over 120 shots in the Euro + WC, 41 more than second placed Thiery Henry, and has only 3 world cup goals (Iran, North Korea, Ghana) and 8 Euro goals (Platini scored 8 in one tournament)

>doesn't even play final, team wins without him

>i rate ronaldo

Are they trying to claim this as his Maradona moment like when he won the world cup? Or as being a manager? In both cases it's absurd

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even watched all portugal games?
I even saw Ronaldo defending ffs! I saw him inside the box cleaning balls from corners. Have you ever saw him doing that before? i doubted it, because it never happened. Working his ass off as a lone striker, when he never played that position before.
Yes those players you mentioned deserved credit. As well as Raphael which was by far portugal's most consistent player.
But hell, this was the best Ronaldo i've seen playing for the national team since ever.
Before he would have very good games, but those were occaisonally, when things were strating to look bad in qualifications.
I don't care about what he does for Real Madrid, but fuck off with your Ronaldo agenda regarding euro 2016.
He did a very valuable service for his country in the last month. Yes because it was one full month. Not just one night.

What he did for my country was truly amazing.

It's completely retarded. It's a great example of how the media will always favour narrative over facts. Portugal winning a final without Ronaldo is somehow Ronaldo's special moment.

lets be honest this final was all about if ronaldo was going to get his international thophy, who knows all the players from the argentina team of 1986? who can name a few of pele's team mates in his 3 wc's? the media does this all the time

>no mention of Sanchez being young player of the tournament and taking the reigns

confirmed as 24 years old gorilla

Patrício (and Pepe somewhat) is very low key. Having Ronaldo drawing all the attention is great for him.

fucking everyone is talking about Renato, he won an award that isn't getting that much attention but literally everyone is talking about him.

Ronaldo was very important for the team (top goalscorer and assistant) despite being complacent some matches, and he was a true leader this competition. He has matured a lot and FINALLY started acting like a big boy instead of crying everywhere.

Ronaldo is very media happy, the others players aren't interesting. Nobody knows about fucking Patrício, why would they make headlines about him. Have a little common sense murica

Ronaldo:
>plays well in any team
>wins with RM
>wins with his NT
>Wins with Chelsea
>Is a good boy who pays charity and funds cancer research

Messi:
>Flunks hardcore in his NT.
>Can only play '''''''''''''''well''''''''''''''' in a team revolving around providing him support (like barça)
>spits on his fans
>plays the good boy to the camera but is rude AF every now and then
>Literally out of jail because you can't put someone in jail for less than 2 years in Spain.

People are starting to wake up to how unfair the whole thing is. Thank God.

HAHHA BASED

>Ronaldo - no tattoos, funds flamingo research
>Messi - tattoos and drinks, hates flamingos

it's settled

really makes you think huh.

Oh yeah, that too. He's got no tattoos so that he can donate blood. Seeing how every major player has one (it's kind of a dumb rite of passage) , that's kind of a big deal, too.

Éder is also virtually unknown out of Portugal, why would the press give him attention? He already had it during the match that everyone saw. I guarantee you that we had an absolute ball worshipping Éder already, he will be a national footballing symbol. Who the fuck cares about what the media talks

t. Penaldo

>Ronaldo wins in any team he's in.
Vs
>Messi only wins in Barça and throws a hissy fit when playing elsewhere

>Ronaldo never denies his fans
Vs
>Messi spat and kicked a ball at fans on purpose.

>Ronaldo is a good-hearted guy
Vs
>Messi plays the good boy act to the cameras alone

>Ronaldo gives it his all in his NT
Vs
>Messi gives up because continuing to play for Argenita and getting ZERO titles means he's inferior to Ronaldo

It's settled.

Dr. A.F. DENTIST

euros and mexicans are retarded. i'll never understand the stupid shit they drone on about. who gives a shit about muh captain muh cuntry da passion or that nonsense. it's like peyton sitting out the superbowl and people give him all the spotlight for doing nothing. heck he didn't even get much attention even when he did play and do nothing.

We've had this all year with Renato meme sanches.
Welcome to hell.

we care enough about our sport to discuss it beyond who did well, who did shit and if my favourite donut brand was advertised during the match

>Messi: has been diagnosed with a mild form of autism

>Ronaldo: perfectly sane and normal guy with an IQ of 138

we dont have donut brands you uneducated hue

if we went back to 2009 and you told me that ronaldo would end up being the good guy and messi the bad guy i would said something witty

This. Seeing the media proclaim Ronaldo the goat for being carried this hard is disgusting. Imagine LeBron winning the MVP because he showed muh heart on the bench.

>0 goals against Man City, PSG and Atletico

>gets all the credit for the CL win

>does not play the final

>gets all the credit for the Euros win

Are semen divers just retarded when it comes to picking the best?

>good guy

>are semen divers just retarded?

You answered it yourself

sorry i should probably educate myself on the industry of fake food and american eating customs before attempting a clever ruse again

by doing what exactly? discussing irrelevant bullshit and making up shitty story lines to help you feel good? we're talking about athletes performing at the highest level. most of that BS is irrelevant. either you performed or you didn't. there's nothing else to talk about. i don't care if cam newton was giving pep talks on the sideline because shit does nothing for pro athletes who should be prepping all week to be ready for one game. it's unfathomable that someone would give so much attention to seemingly nothing.

It's just Ronaldo fanboys pushing a narrative.

We have world class universities with hundreds of thousands of international students applying to get in. What world class education and scientists does Poortugal produce?

I tried to like it, but soccer reminds me too much of basketball and I hate basketball, or at least I hate the NBA anyways.

Ronaldo is a huge media baby he always gets this kind of stuff.

Hey Sup Forums, let's play a game

In the following picture, try to spot:
-Rui Patrício, the goalkeeper of the cup that made over half a dozen excellent saves throughout the game
-Edér, the man who actually scored against France

I know it was a nigger, but not the nigger I'm looking at.

He won EM as player and coach in a single tournament. He literally GOAT. Nobody has done this before. He absolute mad man tobh.

>Ronaldo's team wins when he's not even playing
vs
>Messi is actually good at football and doesn't need 15 people in a thread talking about how it doesn't matter if he's inferior because he's a swell guy

Patricio is all the way on the far left out of shot. Think Eder was somewhere in the back on the right-hand side.

what does that have to do with donuts lol are u dumb. anyway portugal has good education and most of our good professionals leave to germany and other countries away from this shithole

i think its pretty simple that the media can harm a player's career by overhyping, not giving enough recognition, etc. be it self esteem issues, reduced career options due to being overshadowed by another figure or being overrated (yes some scouts are that stupid, proof of that is the fact that portuguese clubs still trick the rest of europe into buying their meme players for 900 million), all of those can harm the player's performance. it is easy to say otherwise when youre not in the spotlight.

You are right, I agree with those points about the other players. Fonte was also pretty great but he doesn't get the attention he deserves.
But anyways, that isn't Ronaldo's fault, it's the media. Blame them.

>portugal plays their best match without ronaldo
really makes u think huh

>wins the match without even playing
>still gets hate
you're just jealous tbhdesu

Or a free ride, when you've already paid!

The pic is cropped and btw if you watch the video it's Patrício's fault it was like he didn't want to be in the middle of the "party". He is known to be a very reserved and calm guy. Eder is in the back. I hate the stage they lift the trophies. In every Uefa final you can't see who the fuck is in the back.

wtf I love TSUUUperman now

>having athletes that are THIS soft
i suppose that's to be expected when your past time is basically a bunch of metrosexuals running around flopping for 2 hours. if you let that kind of stuff dictate your play and career, you were always destined to bust anyways in a highly competitive environment. maybe soccer just isn't at that level of competition.