The Grand Tour

>Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May's new show on Amazon's streaming video service will be called The Grand Tour.

>Unveiling the name, Clarkson said the new show would see them "hosting each episode in a different country".

bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36267294

Expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_E3bSFi8lI
youtube.com/watch?v=OL_eIZjiLUk
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/02/netflix-ratings/462447/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Banter about Hammonds goatee

That chocolate milk

Didn't they already do a Top Kek spinoff show?
>how many reboots are they gonna Kek now

>TG

>GT

cheeky fuckers

So is it about cars or what?

They should've called it the "I Should Be Allowed To Get Pissed And Whinge Over A Steak Show"

No they haven't.

>UK BBC bashing episode with Aston Martins

can't wait

Honestly a show just dedicated to those three driving around taking the piss out of each other is perfect and what everyone wants. I cant be the only person who turns over when the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car comes on.

Imagine a show comprised entirely of top gear specials

>I cant be the only person who turns over when the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car comes on.

Depends on who is on. Some of them are interesting but when they get people with no real thoughts or opinions like female actors then it's pointless.

I remember there being one guest, a celebrity from India, I think, that absolutely nobody in the audience recognized and Clarkson had no idea of what to talk to him about. He went on about people in India being able to pack a whole family in a mini and one guy pouring oil into the car with a cup while it was driving.

>but when they get people with no real thoughts or opinions like female actors then it's pointless.

Gillian Anderson's interview was wonderful.

>Expectations?
top banter

People in India fill their cars with poo.

She was the rare good one. I like the ones with british politicians because Clarkson really fucked railed them.

DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku

t. Trigglypuff

>no blacks
>no women
>no muslims

It's fucking 2016, come on!

I almost always skip interviews, and get on to the rest of the show.

Cowards. Should have called it the Four Keen Linguists 1982.

But who is actually going to sign up to Amazon just for that?
I know im watching for free. Not that they havent already got paid.
Win/Win.

Prime also gives free shipping. So it's added value and may be a tipping point.

>travel show that is an excuse for the staff to party everywhere

There's only 3 of them.

You already did so there's not much of a difference is there?

Plus a guest.

>Show in Cuba
>"Oi Raul, why don't you try this BMW?"
>Turn to camera
>"We cut the brakes"

>australian episode
>didgeridoo music starts playing
>convict jokes
>the ashes is mentioned

>free

If I'[m paying for TV shows and they throw in shipping then yes it's free.

But without the Stig

I'm sure they'll have their own variant.

The Gits

>pay for thing
>free

They'll mug them anyway they can. The only reason they don't have Gear in the name is because the BBC said they'd sue them.

After watching some the new top gear trailer with Joey and that faggot and the german bitch, I noticed something that will be sorely missing from the amazon show: dat BBC cinematography.
The american version and the others were always missing those gorgeous shots the show was famous for. You might get the bantz, but the BBC has got the production values.

>every episode they kill the new guest

will never happen because BBC has stated that they will sue them if they use anything that is even remotely close to the top gear show

They will find a way to get around this.

This is not true though. A large part of the creative crew of Top Gear moved along with the trio. The Grand Tour show also has a considerably larger budget than previously, and unless they're completely incompetent, I doubt they're going to piss it away and not capture it in the visual style that they've become known for.

I actually think that the current new BBC Top Gear is going to be more of a Top Gear ripoff than Grand Tour, if you get my point. Well not rip off, but they're the ones doing the copying/emulating.

>A large part of the creative crew of Top Gear moved along with the trio.
Not the camera crew or the post people.

The crew wasn't fucking Christopher Nolan. They can replicate the style.

>The crew wasn't fucking Christopher Nolan
No, they're quite better at photography. Nolan is a director. See: any BBC documentary ever, old top gear episodes.

The cinematography in the BBC show was so terrible. Total abuse of filters that were out of place 90% of the time. There are literal youtube car channels with more tasteful camera work.

>The cinematography in the BBC show was so terrible.
Shut that trap, you sad cunt. You don't win arguments by posting bullshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=C_E3bSFi8lI
youtube.com/watch?v=OL_eIZjiLUk

What.. If the main directors and producers are on board then they can find the people who can execute their vision the same way.

Tarantino has used different DP's, crew, cinematographers, has been the DP himself and his movies always look like a Tarantino movie regardless of all the changing variables. Same thing applies here.

Plus the Top Gear style has become borderline cliche at this point and is really not something that ONLY one specific crew in the whole world can ever accomplish. It's nothing groundbreaking and maybe the new show don't even want to emulate that style anymore. And even if they did, you do realize that cameramen,editors etc are professionals in their field and get paid money to do things that the creative people (directors etc) request of them, right?

I repeat that the budget of Grand Tour is considerably higher per episode than Top Gear.

>I actually think that the current new BBC Top Gear is going to be more of a Top Gear ripoff than Grand Tour, if you get my point

The Grand Tour won't even be about cars. They're going in a different direction.

Why hasn't BBC sued LOEN for the use of imitation Korean Stig to dance with K-pop idols in their 1theK videos then?

>it's a car spontaneously combusts episode

because whoever that is isn't captain slow, the hamster and the orangutang

Outside of god tier Attenborough natural history documentaries the BBC produces literally nothing of value anymore

If I was a pom I'd be fuming over tax dollars going towards pro eu pro multiculturalism braingwashing

Australian tax dollars go to Jimmy fallon lel

Who cares, I'm not Australian either

When ABC plays Jimmy Fallon and not the Comedy Channel

ayy lmao

because the koreans aren't stealing viewers from BBC

if anything they should sue the guy who makes Bakuon! for using the japanese schoolgirl Stig in his manga.

>watching top kuk ever

lol

nah there's still some good stuff my man

>What.. If the main directors and producers are on board then they can find the people who can execute their vision the same way.
They would if Clarkson would stop punching them. I'm probably torrenting the amazon show and avoiding the new top cuk most likely, but don't kid yourself thinking The Grand Tour is going to look even remotely as good as Top Gear did. And, even in the specials, those beauty shots were part of the appeal.

Every single color is off in those videos. It's not effectively evoking a mood or atmosphere, it's just bad, it's dingy and it looks like something that came out of some kids iMovie project. The filters they use are literally plain glass with colored lines sharpied on most of the time.

>Every single color is off in those videos.
That's wrong and you know it. I wonder if you do this sort of knee-jerk shitposting for attention.

Literally look at the thumbnail of the first video, James may looks like a fucking circus clown. Top Gear was notoriously over-crewed, none of the lower level crew liked working on it and it shows. By the time the footage reached the editing room it looked like a fucking pollock painting.

You don't have to have experience shooting, but at least learn the basics if you're going to come to a board about film.

is the new show any good?

Well it hasn't aired yet

oh sorry I misinterpreted the post tbf

What will the budget be? will any channels buy the rights to air on UK TV? If not, I dont see it getting good ratings

Fair enough mate, we all goof.

And? Top Gear hasn't been about cars for 10 years. Literally the best episodes were where they drove around various third world countries. This is gonna be great

>House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Areested Development, Kimmy Schmidt say hi

what is the budget for these shows? what ARE the ratings like? Top Gear appeals mainly to 30+ year old men, this isn't the demographic that watches shitty internet streaming services

I genuinely wish they'd drop Hammond from it. No one likes him, it's not like the humour relies on him either. Who would you replace him with?

Wait, does British law not allow for parody? Because that's really shitty if that's the case

it's plagiarism not parody

Karl Pilkington

Around 5 million per episode on average.

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/02/netflix-ratings/462447/
>Netflix, meanwhile, doesn’t care about viewers, only subscribers—its revenue comes from maintaining and expanding the ranks of people who find spending $10 a month to be a worthwhile investment. It accomplishes this not by creating individual hits, but by offering a slate of programs with broad appeal and reach, including original series and movies, as well as a back catalog of older television and film offerings.

I'm sure they'd do it for just an episode as a reference, they definitely wouldn't get away with actually having a fake stig

> this isn't the demographic that watches shitty internet streaming services

LOL what in the actual fuck, yes it is. In fact 30+ males are the single largest consumer of online streaming services.

Fucking NEETs.

I'm hard as fuck

I hope they bully him into shaving it. It looks ghastly.

>I like the ones with british politicians because Clarkson really fucked railed them.
Not Prescott. That guy really didn't give a shit.

What?

Eh, might be good but I don't feel like paying Amazon to watch the new series.

Not if they're genuine car people like Jay Kay or Atkinson.

B-but it was supposed to be Top Knobs, wasn't it?

Can't wait for the bants.

It's gonna be great lads.

I'll give you a to pknob, bend over!

Have they tried to sue 5th gear?