Why is he so mean bros?

youtube.com/watch?v=fyr8w6qKK6A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mean
just seems regular autistic

he's just really energetic

That's actually pretty nice when it comes to directors.

How many times do you think he plowed Laura Harring

he seems like a pretty OK guy to me; gets annoyed just like everyone else

>when that girl screamed out of nowhere

He's playing it up for the cameras. Most people that have worked with him love him to death.

>3:52
:3

Who was the meanest (but talented) director Sup Forums?
My money is on Cecil B. DeMille,

John Ford.

(And Cecile B. DeMille wasn't talented)

>okay Ed, we're going to be dragging you 70 feet horizontally under 45 feet of water while your head is inside a helmet filled with pink goo
>just hold your breath, okay? action.

John "How do I" Landis killed three people.

I didn't think his voice would be that whiny

Malick

he's just passionate about his craft, nothing wrong with that.

Yeesh. This is definitely the sort of behavior that gets you classified as a "genius" or "misunderstood" by pretentious twat bags the world over.

What movie was this for anyway? I wanna actually see the damned monkey!

And this man called George Lucas a weirdo because he couldn't understand what a Wookie was.

>most of it is just him directing and not being mad at anybody, just talking with intensity and emphasis

Yeah, what a dick.

This literally isn't bad. 90% of the video is him telling the actors what's going on with the scene, joking with the actors and crew, being frustrated with some small thing without pointing fingers, casually cussing, and making phone calls. The other 10% is him being pissed off about something at somebody, which is only natural considering how stressful directing an entire movie can be.

There are far meaner directors.

Hell, the crew was even laughing when he was making the drug lecture, including the kid he was talking to. He was clearly fucking around with the kid and getting him to lighten up.

>mean

good luck being successful

>literally two moments where he's mad at somebody

Worse than hitler.

I don't get it. he didn't seem mean

He wasn't. Half of it was him praising setpieces.

he acts like every boss in existence

op has never had a job

Seems like a typical boss - nice and fluffy when everything is okay, annoyed when things are not okay and pissed off when something is not going according to the plan.

Can someone post angry director stories?

His face was gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

absolutely based

uh, the man is a genius so he kinda gets a pass for being a dick. however, I wouldn't work for him and the people who put up with this shit have no self-respect if they have any other kind of way to make money

Ford -lol
Not Peckinpah.
massive kek

>You will never have his based hair
JUST fucking kill me now, there is no point in living.

Did you even watch it? I'm not being contrarian when I say he's not being a dick in this video.
Stern to people who fuck around when they're supposed to clear the set? Sure.
Frustrated when somebody's late? Absolutely.

Those were the two times from what I'd seen where he showed any aggression towards anybody. Ever other scene was just Lynch making himself clear while directing scenes, admiring stuff, and joking with the cast and crew.

As far as bosses go, he's pretty fucking cool actually.

>tfw I have his exact hair thickness and shine
>tfw I have two gray hairs that are the exact same color

Middle age is gonna be fucking great.

that's how most people get it done, leadership I mean, however it's not the only way and the best bosses I've had I've literally never heard them even raise their voice/get visibly distressed in any way. I am a good worker though

>mean
What kind of baby are you? That's a man with an artistic vision who doesn't put up with bullshit. Lynch has always seemed like a nice guy and this video doesn't change that.

Nah, he's not a gold standard superboss, but hey, nobody's perfect. That said he seems generally enjoyable to work with from the looks of it.
Especially when you consider assholes like Oliver Stone.

I'm not graying yet but I've got the Lynch wave too. Feels good.

I've had these two greys since I was 23. 27 now and its still those same two. Dunno what it is. Price of having Lynch-tier hair I guess.

>That's when you get in here... with the monkey

My sides

this

you can't just be all timid and in the background in life

and he's not even being 'mean' here, he's just being the boss and getting the results he needs

Holy fuck I've never seen this, I'm not gay but I genuinely love Dave

Now I want to see the behind the scenes of this new Twin Peaks season.