>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/any-rebel/solo-jam
musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-deluxe-amp-stand
youtube.com/watch?v=pBOR3isdIOg
store.guitarfetish.com/XGP-Professional-Offset-Body-Strat-Tremolo-Surf-Green_p_17863.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jALvJLbGLNY
youtube.com/watch?v=RDnlU6rPfwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I play guitar lol

i thought this was japan music general at first sight
anyway

>tfw my band sounds good

keep going guys, it's worth it

lol me to

rip ;~;

Thoughts on my playing?

soundcloud.com/any-rebel/solo-jam

You play like you're nervous. Is that finger style?

>tfw self conscious
>tell people "I try to play guitar"

Best way to get rid of recording jitters is to just constantly record as part of your practice routine. Don't bother saving the files. Or do, and you can then use them to track your progress over time. The most important part is learning that playing is the same whether it's being recorded or not.

sounds like bassist talk
do or do not
there is no try

Good tip. I've got a working studio and I never record anything,

Haha. I guess zappa and dolphy were nervous too? Those are two influences of mine

Shut the fuck up coach

Those amp stands are some next level shit, never seen them before

It's surprising how big a difference it makes. Your amp is blasting in your face and you can hear yourself so much better.

here:
musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-deluxe-amp-stand

they were even on sale when I got them

That's one hell of studio user

Anyone got experience with partscasters?
Looking at one with an american deluxe neck for like 440 euros; p. sure the neck alone is worth that but I dunno... what if the truss is fucked?

>what if the truss is fucked
Sell it to somebody else. Pass that shit down the line.

Can someone help me with recording issues. I'm recording an electric guitar directly into a macbook pro. There is a shit ton of delay between when i play and when my computer records it. I'm using garageband and a cheap behringer di. do you think it's the behringer or garageband? Or maybe some third variable i'm not understanding.

if the truss is fucked it doesn't matter whether the rest of it is parts or original

are you using 44.1 khz?

My heart wouldn't let me.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I'd buy it just for the neck, and keep changing shit until I have a great instrument not just a neck, but if the truss isn't good then it's all fucked.
Still kind of tempted to gamble with it, never had problems with any sh guitars I bought...

How would I know if I am? I'm not sure what that means. Sorry.

prs vs gibson go

Fender

hss vs sss go

Recording sampling rate. If you haven't fucked with it, it's probably not jacked up. Recording at 96 or 128 could be a cause of delayed playback.

I'm skeptical that a USB interface, not matter how shitty, would lag recording a single input at 44.1. I can record 12 tracks in Ableton with no problem on a MBP. I've never recorded in garage band, but I would kinda be surprised if that was it.

Are you pushing output through the same interface?

only other thing I could think of would be to check your interface config for a direct monitor setting

hss is good if youre a beginner and can only afford one guitar

otherwise its best you buy one sss gutiar and one hh guitar

I think i am using the same interface for output. It actually might be at 96 and I'll see if i can check that in the morning. much appreciated.
I'll see if anythings out of the ordinary. Thanks.

thank you, that's what I'm doing

Did I trigger him hard enough to get him banned?

>buy this last week for $180
>fug I really want a Fender Japan Mustang MG69
>despite only being a day back into playing guitar I'm already planning on dropping $700-750 on a second guitar

Hobbies need to stop beig expensive.

getting the hss?

i'd suggest getting a fairly hot aftermarket bucker so you can use it almost like an onboard booster, and then maybe putting some vintage style low-gain single coils in the neck and middle so you get a really wide variety of toans

japs>jews

kill ALL jews, save all japs

a simple google search of "garageband latency" brings up a series of issues and various fixes/work arounds

both of my strats are sss, but I wouldn't mind getting a hss with a Fralin Unbucker in the bridge

A guy in my town is selling this for 300 bucks

Mexican Fender Special

Can someone hold up their tortex sharp pick to their screen and tell me if it matches my template?
I used this template to sharpen one of my regular tortex picks. I really like it and I want to make sure that it matches or it really close to the actual sharp tortex picks.

Real one is smaller and sharper

Anyone here tried micing a 15-watt tube combo amp for their gigs? How was it?

We've got a couple of gigs lined up before Christmas and I'm tired of lugging around my DRRi plus two guitars and pedal board to venues. I'm thinking of just selling that thing and getting a smaller amp instead. I'm choosing between a TSA15, Blues Jr. or a Pro Junior. I play clean/light overdrive on most of our songs.

Is 15watts enough for mid sized venues?

I play with a mic'd up blues jr and it works great.

How big are the gigs?

BLESS MY GUITAR, BIG MOMMA

>How big are the gigs?
Around 200-300 people capacity. Not sure if that counts as a medium venue or small.

Will 15w be fine?

The drummer of a band i was had the same drums, pretty good stuff, he was also pretty good haven't seen any of them in a year or two

On a second note, will a 15watt tube be heard in a practice session unmiced with drums? (playing at a high volume setting)

Absolutely
I had a hard time finding a tone I liked for gigging but I got a compressor pedal and it sounds amazing
Yes

I think I got them new for $250 plus cymbals.

Snare sucks, toms are okay, the kick is great.

VM 70s? I got the exact same guitar for $180 dude hi five. better than my $500 LTD shitstain

cheers m8. I'm down to two choices now, either the Blues Jr or TSA15. The Pro sounds kinda meh.

What comp pedal do you got? I also use a comp but its a CS3. Tough as siht but there is an annoying hiss if the tone knob goes past 12o'clock

>there is an annoying hiss if the tone knob goes past 12o'clock
such is the nature of compression

Yeah. I'm liking it quite a bit. My first "real" strat. I used to play back in middle and high school. I had a lefty Aria strat clone and then eventually got an Epiphone LP Standard. Decided to get back into it after five years of not touching a guitar and decided not to fall for the lefty meme this time. Was fairly happy that I was able to immediately start remembering things and even though I was switching from left to right I had gotten quite a few chords and simple riffs down within an hour.

thank mr keef

I use a Diamond CPR-1 with everything on low

youtube.com/watch?v=pBOR3isdIOg

thank mr keef

I've never seen an ugly sg before
what is that thing?

I've got a pair of Gibson humbuckers and a strat neck.

What kind of guitar body should I buy, preferably something unique. The Non-Reverse firebird shape is kind of appealing right now.

shit taste my man, looks like an original 60s SG

the finish on the guitar you posted looks like shit

>NOT SHINY = SHIT

do ppl who are older than 14 actually like SGs in this day and age?

yea they were cool when they came out, but now theyre just a maymay

>do ppl who are older than 14 actually like SGs in this day and age?

Look at any doom metal band.

I feel like SGs with a natural finish are okay. White are also acceptable

store.guitarfetish.com/XGP-Professional-Offset-Body-Strat-Tremolo-Surf-Green_p_17863.html
maybe

not shiny isn't the issue
looking like cheap spray paint is the issue

do ppl who are older than 14 actually give a fuck what others play in this day and age?

>now theyre just a maymay
just like every other guitar

64 Special. Someone who owned it before me crudely repaired the traditional heel crack and then got crazy with the cheese whi- I mean paint brush. Looks real bad, will eventually get the body cosmetically touched up and refinished to match the original finish still on the neck. For now being that I'm poor I'll play my ugly guitar lol. All those issues led to my getting a great-playing old SG for less than a grand, so I can't complain

ok /gg/, what is the practical difference between a strat and a tele?

afaik they can sound exactly the same and for the most part the 'toan' depends more on the amp and effects used than the actual guitar. lets say youre comparing equally valued guitars, so both fender mims, or both murrican standards, whatever

hi there

youtube.com/watch?v=jALvJLbGLNY

>they can sound exactly the same and for the most part the 'toan' depends more on the amp and effects used than the actual guitar
Um no? Especially not on guitars with completely different pickups.

I wouldn't say they sound the same at all. My friend has a Squire Strat and an Eric Johnson signature and neither sound like my tele. Both strats have a very glassy sound to me, where my tele has a lot more twang and growl. I have BKP's in it, but nontheless it still retains that telecaster sound.

That's a good price. You should replace the pickups if you buy it though.

Anyone use a OR15 for gigs/practice?

I played one for a bit at the guitar center and I dug it quite a bit, but I'm worried about volume. Our drummer isn't particularity loud so I'm not too worried about being heard over him, but I mostly play clean so I'm not too sure how loud it can go while being mostly clean.

It's that or save up for a Mesa Mark V or a used III. Playing through a JC-120 right now and it's starting to kill me.

esp

BLESS MY GUITAR BIG MOMMA

I want a Les Paul but I don't want a Les Paul.

What get?

SO I GUESS ILL CALL UP MY BIG MAMA

TELL HER IIIIIIIII'LL BE ROLLIN IN

CAUSE I KNOW DEEP DOWN

I'M KINDA TEMPTED

TO GO SEE MY SWEET BESSIE AGAAAAAIN, OH

UP ON CRIPPLE CREEK, SHE SENDS ME

IF I SPRING A LEAK, SHE MENDS ME

I DONT HAVE TO SPEAK, SHE DEFENDS ME

A DRUNKARD'S DREAM IF I EVER DID SEE OOOOOOOOOONE

I fucking love the Band

A Gretsch Penguin
Only 4699$

A Les Paul.

BLESS MY GUITARS, BIG MAMA

Hagstrom Swede?

youtube.com/watch?v=RDnlU6rPfwY

me too buddy

>tfw no levon helm drummer

thank mr keef

>The Jew fears the Samurai edition
op scared off crazyaga :(

Anybody like playing bass in a band setting/jamming with buds and guitar when just alone at home/bedroom?

yes. I also like the opposite though

yea, i played bass for 2 years before i started getting into guitar

i like playing rhthym guitar/weaving gutiar kind of like wood and richards do. i can play mostly rhythm, but every now and then i get a chance to throw a lick in there

Are you me

This man had more impact on modern music than any other.