Trying to quit smoking

>trying to quit smoking
>recently started smoking weed in the morning
>notice it replaced my morning ciggie
>get no nicotine cravings until later in the day way after the high has worn off and they are also less severe for some reason
Why is weed never mentioned as a smoking cessation aid?

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-1/61-66.pdf
scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/04/24/can-nicotine-gum-cause-mouth-cancer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most psychoactive substances can be used for cessation. As for why it's hardly mentioned, weed's been slammed for decades and people are only now rediscovering its medicinal benefits.

And I think non-smokers might get the idea that you're only replacing one plant with another. Many still think weed is addictive.

because you are replacing one drug with another (yes weed is a drug, even caffeine is one by definition) which is a retarded concept unless you are a heroin junkie experiencing physical pain without opioids

cigs isn't just 'one plant' there bs chems in it too!!

Because nicotine isn't the problem. The majority of the carcinogens is from the plant matter in cigarettes. And weed has even more carcinogens than tobacco. So if you smoke the same amount of weed as you did cigarettes you will have a higher chance of getting cancer.

In b4 weed cures cancer

I work as a tobacconist in a cigar/pipe tobacco store. We sell a small selection of cigarettes because people are going to fucking buy them.
However, cigs like "Camel" "Marlboro" and other big name rollers don't use tobacco leaves in their cigarettes.
They take the tobacco plant, stem and all, and make it into sheets of paper in a process very similar to the way they make paper from trees.
Then, they take the big sheets of tobacco paper, put them through a shredder so it looks like real tobacco, then put it in a giant vat in which they mix in tar, fromaldahide, even more concentrated lab made nicotine, and innumerable other horrible chemicals.
If you want to smoke tobacco, I suggest you buy a pipe, go to a store that's specialized in tobacco and buy pipe tobacco from them, or even cigars.
And not swishers, those are made just like brand name cigarettes.
~ your friendly neighborhood tobacconist

>Mix in tar. No they don't you lying piece of shit. Tar is a chemical by product of the combustion process with zero use other than to just give cancer. Weed does the same thing with resin. Go back to school kiddo.

Good man. Thanks for the info.

Yeah but then you're high all day, which is terrible for actually getting shit done

Then why do I always get sticks in my Marlboros?

It's a fact man, the ratios are different for each of the different brands, and true it's one of the by-products of actually smoking the cigarette, but it's something to keep the tobacco together during the rolling process.
Rolling five million cigs a day isn't east, and they'll do anything to up their production

>mix in tar
uhh, tar is a byproduct of combusting plant matter

That would be part of the stem.
It's not a perfect sheet of paper, it still looks like what they use to make it.
So the stems and little imperfections of the tobacco get in there with the cigarette as well

They get the shitty tobacco it's all dried up and they lift that shit like a bale of hay out of a huge crate and then they have an industrial rolling machine that just presses it into cigarettes, Imo rolling tobacco is probably best, just stringy leaf

Because it doenst work retard. Congrats you went a morning without smoking a cigarette, do it for the next week then gey at me

I'm currently at work.
Pic very related

Do you sell them King papers bruh?

This isn't in Washington State is it?

No, in no way are we a head shop.
We only sell genuine hand rolled cigars, briar pipes, and pipe tobacco.
Nothing for the ganj my brother

No, it is not

Ha! Gayyy

Thats exactly it though, I haven't been smoking cigarettes in the morning for roughly that period of time.

All I'm saying, is that I've never seen a faggot light up a cigar before.
It's one of the manliest activities I can think of.
If you've ever smoked a real cigar you would know.

Because it is worse for your lungs than cigarettes, obviously.

Fags in SF light up cigars all the time. Turns out, you were a fag all along!

All I'm saying is, if you got that creezy people be like daym blaze it up bruh, blaze that shit up, if you got cigars, people be like Sheeeeiit this nigga stank

When I used to smoke weed (haven't smoked weed for 10 years) I would need a cigarette after smoking.

because it halves your IQ and turns you into a fucking retard, that's why

weed doesn't have permanent effects on IQ any more than alcohol or tylenol does

You don't need it it just accentuates the high because it's extra nicotine

Marijuana has helped me overcome alcoholism and nicotine addiction. Now I'm a pothead, but I'm totally fine with that. Being an alcoholic you lose a lot of dignity, pissing your bed, vomiting on yourself, stumbling and slurring in front of people. The most dignity you lose on pot is when you're dry and you scrape your pieces for resin and smoke that.

>L E G A L I Z E
>E
>G
>A
>L
>I
>Z
>E

weed is not effective at helping alcoholics

Thanks Dad (FBI).
And you know where you can put those trips.

what I always heard was its more beneficial to smoke a while after smoking weed because nicotine extends the effect of dopamine making the high last a while longer

So what if he's the exception and not the rule. It still helped him.

I both drink and smoke weed and tbh, the main thing is the old adage "in moderation" I think it's kind of feeble to demonise either alcohol or marijuana, they both intoxicate you, they should be morally on a par rather than making out that either one is worse for some reason

No, we have no evidence for that; it could have helped him, it could have been something else, it could have been placebo.

Correlation does not imply causality, bitches.

coming off pot doesn't kill you. coming off alcohol can. that is probably one reason to demonize alcohol more than pot.

Going from smoking both to nothing but weed was easy, now i vaporize my weed and think smoking is disgusting and it stinks VAPORIZING RULES.

Igot really sick from somking after a while so i stopped and then after 2 weeks bought one of these , worth every 400 euros of it

While that's true, you don't need to be whiny lil bitch about it. We aren't gonna try taking your birthday away, user.

I would disagree, I don't think abstaining from either would literally cause a fatality of any kind, I personally find alcohol a lot easier to not use that dope, so like it's just different people man

I'm just stating the facts dood.

Says who? Doctors treat alcoholics with benzos, which ease cravings. Cannabis did that for me so I don't see why it shouldn't be studied as a safer alternative.

Also I know many former-alcoholics and hard drug addicts. They are generally stoners. They kick all the really bad drugs and just stick to weed. I'm not alone in using pot to get rid of other drug habits.

..then you are wrong? Alcoholics regularly die while coming off of alcohol. It's well understood.

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-1/61-66.pdf

Kind of weird to disagree with facts

Statistics.

im in love

only fucks with short term memory and finding of words for me.

Yeah but I'm not talking about alcoholics, I'm talking about people that can handle their shit, if you're drinking to the point where a little break from it causes you to die it's simply your own fucking fault, and you shouldn't drink so fucking much should you

i have been smoking weed vaping non stop for the past 12 years , gram a day habbit, i rather be a drunk but that fucks you up and then the hangovers.

Legalization means regulation.
Trust me, you do not want that.
>WA fag here.
Educate yourself. Go for sustainably workable solutions that involve less governmental regulatory controls.
>also rate my ass

I feel compelled to buy a fancy cigar now

so I take it you now smoke 75 joints a day?

If you wanna get technical, you're stating someone else's findings, that you as a person define as satisfactory for proof of evidence.

Except this isn't true at all. The majority of the dangerous carcinogens in cigarettes are in the additives in the tar.

Weed is not safe at all and definitely can cause cancer but cigarettes are much worse.

'people that can handle their shit'
That's....what? We don't make decisions based on excluding a very significant portion of the population. Anyone can become an alcoholic; anyone who drinks sufficiently will experience these symptoms.

It's like you are intentionally dense.

Observations are facts, dood. It doesn't matter who observed them, what matters is that they were observed.

Read a book.

that isn't true; tobacco, in it of itself, is carcinogenic.

I was going to say that looks like the one I go to but then I remembered they all look the same

>I'm an addict
>I switched to another addicted substance and geez wiz I don't miss the first one as much
>why don't people talk about this
They do. It's called substitute addictions and it's unhealthy you faggot. Don't buy into the medical weed hype. Those faggots will have you believe weed is a cure for everything from headaches to depression. Junkies will say anything to justify their addiction. Weed "cures" things the same way alcohol "cures" ugliness. It just covers it up until the high wears off making you need to get high again.

This is true. Also...

>sexualizing a kid
10/10

Because normal humans smoke more cigarettes when they're high you fucking degenerate.

> Go for sustainably workable solutions that involve less governmental regulatory controls.
Wut the fuck would that even look like?

Observations aren't facts, they're results that prove positive until new findings determine otherwise.

>dealing in absolutes
Pls don't try to science, son.

Observations ARE facts; it is a fact you observed it. You are thinking of theories, R-tard.

There are recommended GDA's for anything food/drink related.

One could argue weed slows down your reaction time more so than alcohol, so it depends on the situation in death, the real fact is not drinking for a few days/weeks will only help the body if you're not so "intentionally dense" to drink vastly too much alcohol daily
To recap:
Print your PDF out:
And insert it rolled up:
All the way into your anus

Did I say it wasnt? There are degrees of damage carcinogens cause. Nicotine and even tobacco itself are carcinogens but the ingredients added during processing that make up much of the tar are far worse carcinogens. It's why you see more cases of lung cancer in cig smokers then in pipe smokers, cigar smokers, chewers, and dippers combined.

You should man! I'll even give you a recommendation.
Go into a cigar store and ask for
"Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut" It's a mild to medium body cigar with light floral notes and a good heavy earthy taste. It produces a thick greyish smoke and has incredible room notes, all at the same time being something a newer cigar smoker can appreciate in full.
Cigar smoking is a great hobby and pairs incredibly well with most whiskeys and scotch

>I observe you being a faggot
>you are IN FACT a faggot
Prove me wrong faglord

>Wut the fuck would that even look like?
Nature.
Learn from nature.

Yes, but again, weed won't kill you because you stopped it, while alcohol....will.

That's a clear reason to schedule them differently

>incredible room notes
~translation~
Makes entire room reek of burning socks

>not understanding that his facts are based on conjecture and theory
Nigga pls be trolling.

Nicotine isn't a carcinogen when not inhaled.

You can get an addiction to anything, it's just the chances of getting a chemical addiction to weed is very low.

I observe you being uncountably faggy.

No, they are based on observation. Notably, observing...people....die....

This isn't hard, nigger

I've stopped them both several times which was the basis of my original point, so maybe alcohol should but it hasn't killed me from stopping drinking even when I drank a six pack or more a day so what the fuck do you want?, I'm living proof your argument is meaningless

I observed a child that was acting like a pirate last Halloween.
That totally makes him a pirate right?

Yes it is. It causes gum cancer in dippers and laryngeal cancer in cigar smokers. The incidence is just a lot lower then in smokers because all the other shit is worse for you then the nicotine.

no you arent, you are living proof that the dose makes the poison. idiot.

No one ever claimed it kills with certainty; but it has the possibility, even probability, where as weed does not.

It's like you are intentionally ignorant.

No, that's not nicotine. gg.

You must be high right now because nothing you are saying is making much sense. What are you suggesting as a way of improving the current system of marijuana regulations?

You've obviously never taken a science course outside of high school. I invite you to indulge yourself in one, it's the only way I can see you curing yourself of this autistic premise. That's an observation too but it doesn't prove diddly, other than you're slightly uneducated.

i must therefor be a faggot. Yes.
>you are a philosopher and a true logician.

Yeah I have degrees in STEM, you clearly don't. fuck off. Learn to science; read a book.

Is that supposed to invalidate my point?

Yep. Very reasonable.

I also vaporize it, but started smoking it without tobacco again a few days ago. I agree that in a lot of ways vaporizing has a better taste. An old fashioned joint is still the best though in my opinion.

Leuke filename trouwens

Well one can argue that he was a pirate in that moment.

What do you mean? There's tons of studies out there that show nicotine increases mouth cancer development. If I wasnt on my phone I'd link to my schools research database on the topic but here is 5 seconds of go ogling and a shitty article.

scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/04/24/can-nicotine-gum-cause-mouth-cancer/

Even though there is less in the gum then say in dip, it still increases risk.

No you just said the word halloween
>you also said pirates

Try vaping CBD oil. Keeps you from craving nicotine without making you retarded

He has DEGREES (multiple degrees guys). Better back off this genius here otherwise he might just make us look foolish with his super brain

What ever, you a dumb nigger

>makes claims with no proof
This is some "theist vs atheist" tier trolling man. Come off it.

One could argue they were thieves but not pirates.
Pirates pillage, rape, sail in large boats, and steal.
You have to meet all the criteria not just one.
By your logic a rapist is considered a pirate, which is also untrue

Don't make me slap your shit kid

read a book newfag