youtube.com/watch?v=AVOpuW-_FpY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahedral_number
levelfactory.com/5788014dd2b75/
youtube.com/watch?v=2jDrIlN9AAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GAY!
BALLS ARE TOUCHING!

two, thanks

I have two. Anymore than that and you'd walk funny.

I have 1

This

Thats a pyramid, not a ball

I say there's 147

/Thread

Also have an easier pyramid. How many tennis balls?

>How many balls?

as long as people realize this is a square-based pyramid, a simple math formula provides an easy answer.

most people will think it's a triangle-based pyramid. jackal himself confirmed it is a square base

80. Fuck your implied sides

If it's a square base it's 285.

Assuming no stupid hollow shit and base is square, this user mathed right

the focal length of the shot was 6mm

what kind of retard would think this is a triangle? you can see the corners of the box are square. you can see the balls resting on eachother, again, square. assuming there's balls in the middle, 285

>If it's a square base it's 285.

that is correct

9x9 + 8x8 + 7x7 and so on
so its 165

Correct. All pyramids are 165

wait no I meant 285 I'm thinking in triangles what a fucking Rehtord am I?

287 counting op's and his 3rd nut

Why would anyone do this..
Can you imagine the fucking dirt daubers.

But thats wrong. Just 81 + 64 + 49 is greater than 165, so the sum of all of them must be greater than 165

here's the original photo, if anybody is interested

But it's not square..

How?

Its 108...

9*3+8*3+7*3...+1*3 -(9*3)

you all brain dead? its a triangle

fuck yourself nigger.

that's how many.

>But it's not square

think what you want

165 - I did the math all by hand, so I'm sure there is a quicker solution.

and then plus 1 for the ball on top. for 109

Two

< to help you understand effects of focal length

then realize the bowling ball (square-based) pyramid shot had a focal length of 6mm

80 bowling balls are visible

Nachos logic.

They're all touching together so it counts as one ball.

156 bowling balls in total

and if we are assuming that the the interior is made out of balls, a total of 162. This also assumes the back of the pyramid is made out of balls too. Really, all we know for sure is that there are 81 balls, as those are are visible, everything is assumptions.

fibonacci sequence to the 9th row

Assuming this is a 3 sided pyramid at the same time, could easily be four sided.

You're counting corners twice, plus it's a fucking pyramid, not a triangle.

>plus it's a fucking pyramid, not a triangle.

well, it's a square-based pyramid for sure, but pyramids can be triangle-based too, bro.

do any of you understand how a pyramid works? you start with a square base and the square decreases in length and width until it comes to point which would be one of whatever building material is being used. it's 284 because of the balls in the middle that you don't see

Islam is a religion of peace.

youtube.com/watch?v=AVOpuW-_FpY

Tetrahedral number's to the 9th Number. 165

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahedral_number

>284 because of the balls in the middle that you don't see

with a square base, and one single ball at the top, the total would never be an even number

one side of a pyramid is a triangle, just like a cube isn't a square. one side of cube is a square shaped

Think of it if there were only the bottom layer. There is a row of 9, 8, etc so it's 9 + 8 + 7.. +1. Then the next layer is 8 max, so it's 8 + 7 +.. 1. Do this until you get to the top layer that is one. An easier formula would be 9 + 8*2 + 7*3 + 6*4 +5*5 +4*6 + 3*7+ 2*8 + 1*9. I'm sure there is a real equation to figure this out but fuck if I know

I forgot how many I counted. I made the joke about figuring in op's nut sack and his 3rd testicle

>How many balls?
Less than your mom has had in her mouth.

174 you fuckin nards. 9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1+7+6+5+4+3+2+1+6+5+4+3+2+1+5+4+3+2+1+4+3+2+1+3+2+1+2+1+1

it's not a tetrahedron

Math: Only used for pointless shit.

trips don't lie
he must've witnessed it

It's a FUCKING Tetrahedral number you idiots. Thus it makes it 165. Look at the wiki page and it will explain all. Holy shit.

If you like puzzles, try solve this one:
levelfactory.com/5788014dd2b75/

You added an extra 9. Your equation adds up to 165. Must be from the dubs.

It's 151.

9+(2×8)+(3×7)+(4×6)+(5×5)+(6×4)+(7×3)+(8×2)
=156

Since it's a pyramid of 9 layers, each consisting of 9 rows, I think that this might be a decent equation.
If I'm wrong could someone help me understand why though?

>It's a FUCKING Tetrahedral number you idiots. Thus it makes it 165. Look at the wiki page and it will explain all. Holy shit.

stop trolling

U beat me to it m8

youtube.com/watch?v=2jDrIlN9AAw

this many balls

You forgot the nine 1s

imagine if that top ball is actually the earth and we're all on it right now and someone is taking a picture of the planet that the picture taker is on right now and it just keeps going on and on...there could be infinite planets of people trying to figure out how many planets are stacked on top of each other in the next person's picture

Duuuuuuuuuuude

Gshit.. but I was rather close.

This is also assuming it's a teiangle, so if I'm worng, it's understandable.
I'm as correct as I can be with the limited information available, well minus the extra 9...

WHOOOOOOOAAAHHH

There is at least seven.

this

How can't people honestly figure this out for themselves? You don't need to be a mathematician to figure it out.

Look at the blue ball, that's one. Then start counting from them at the bottom. It goes from 1, to 2, to 3, to 4, all the way up to 9 since it's 9x9x9.

So the very bottom row is 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9=45 balls

Then move to the row above it and do exactly the same thing except it's now 8x8x8. Since the first time do you figure out the bottom row, you just don't add that 9th ball.

The second row is 36. The third row then equals 28, the fourth is 21, the fifth is 15, the sixth is 10, the seventh is 6, the eighth is 3 the top is 1.

So 1+3+6+10+15+21+28+36+45=165

>How many balls?
any number different from 2 is bad

flat the aerth is fflat

the base isn't a triangle.

its a triangle based pyramid you can see that from the angles

I never said it was. I never even mentioned the word 'triangle'. Are you some sort of fucking idiot?

it's 4 sided

I can tell from the pixel

Stop being a fucking moron for a second. That's impossible, it's three sided. Ever play a game of pool and rack the balls? That's 15 balls, if you got more balls and kept stacking them with then one left on top it would be three sided.

>694937533

109!
109!

9>1
8>3
7>6
6>9
5>12
4>15
3>18
2>21
1>24

You can't stack bowling balls that tall I'm a square

Thank you, see I'm right

its 160.
9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1
then
8 + 7 + 5
7+6+5
etc till you at th end
and at the end there only 1
so 159+1
= answer
you are all dumb

The correct answer is 165.

I want to see you try to safely stack over 100 bowling balls in a square

165 if it's a triangle, 285 if square, I mean.