I don't understand what's so special about this film

I don't understand what's so special about this film.
It's enjoyable, it's got a couple of nice shots but it's certainly not the "greatest film ever made".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upC8pX3RY0A
youtube.com/watch?v=Cmads6_oNak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First movie where the camera was an active participant. It moved to tell the story. It's also responsible for a lot of tropes. The movie seems cliche, but it invented a lot of those cliches

It's boring af tho

>but it's certainly not the "greatest film ever made".
What is?

youtube.com/watch?v=upC8pX3RY0A

>Hi Sup Forums, this revered classic doesn't seem that good from this side of its influences, I'll now try to outweigh decades of praise with my hot opinions
Why are teenagers so predictable?

What is so iconic about it other than the still frames you see all the time?

It's the first truly modern film. The cinematography was groundbreaking and way ahead of the time.

>What is so iconic about some of the most known and quoted movie dialogues in movie history?
Dunno, you tell me.

>Can't answer the question
>hurr you tell me
Face it, the movie is not good

>can't even recognize a rhetorical question
>thinks his opinion is worth anything at all

youtube.com/watch?v=Cmads6_oNak

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane

>not enough quips

Watch the version with Roger Eberts commentary

hue, typical whiny liberals in the comments saying that he ruined the movie for them

>what's iconic expect for all the things that are iconic about it?

Gotta be over 18 kid.

Is this Citizen Kane or something? I don't watch movies made before 1975 because they are terrible

It was made in 1941 mate

Nothing prior had the scale, the tone, the message or cinematography the CK had, at least not to my knowledge and certainly not as succesfully.

To my mind it doesn't seem all that dated despite being 80 years old.

What is your pick of the greatest ever them ?

Fight Club

>quoted movie dialogue

What's quoted from Kane except "Rosebud" I only reason I even know that quote is from Family Guy.

BvS

Guardians of the galaxy

It might be the hangover, but I blame this post for making me vomit all over the goddamn floor.

Family Guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Citizen Cane

TDKR

It has always been celebrated for its excellence.

It's a critic adulated turd.

BANE?

Citizen Kane, or more importantly, understanding it's undeniable importance, is the ultimate litmus test of extremely basic film knowledge.

If you don't understand what's special about the film, watch it again, but this time with a critical eye and no open reddit tabs.

If you really don't understand what's special about the film after that, watch it again, then read one of the hundreds of essays on the topics, or one of the dozens of books that address Citizen Kane's influences on every film that came after.

If you totally and absolutely don't understand after that, just read the fucking Wikipedia article, and stick to that method of experiencing movies from now on.

Nice try