CALLING ALL LAWFAGS PLEASE HELP A Sup ForumsRO OUT

CALLING ALL LAWFAGS PLEASE HELP A Sup ForumsRO OUT
I recently bought a Honda Accord and heard of some having recalls on the Takata air bags so I researched the VIN of the car I was interested in in early June and when I found my car had no open recalls I purchased it. Now I just received a notice that there is a recal with a date of May 25. I feel like I have standing to sue because I would not have purchased this car if I had known this and the only reason I did is because I did the research. The passenger seat is now unusable without risking an explosion and to top it all off I'm on a waiting list to get the parts which will be shipped out in "late summer/early fall" I feel like I got fucked over and am looking for compensation so if someone could help me with the steps to move forward I'd appreciate it. Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

nhtsa.gov/About NHTSA/Statement of Ownership and Restriction of Liability
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have no grounds to sue. You car was made months/years a go. It was not made in June.

If they didnt issue the recall, and that part failed on you, then you would have a nice lawsuit. But just becuase they issued a recall, no.

It only took a week for my honda dealership to get the replacement airbag and a few hours in the shop to install it. I dont know why this is so difficult for you.

But I researched the recall after the date they claim it was issued and then alerted me after I bought the car. I would not have bought the car if I knew there was an open recall because the parts are on a massive back order. Maybe you're right but I feel like I was fucked over because now I can't drive with anyone in my passenger seat without risking death or injury, when this is the exact problem I researched so I wouldn't have to deal with this

I'm not sure I just know I'm on a waiting list and they told me it will be late summer or early fall

How long ago did you do this? And where if you don't mind disclosing that? I'm in so cal and they're telling me it will be a month at the earliest

You're not entitled to anything.
Let me guess, you're 20-25 years old,your first car, a millinial.There is not a SJW ROW ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA movement to be had here.
Get it fixed and be on with your life.
I cant imagine when something breaks down in the future.

>i searched
Well you obviously did not.

Plus mines passenger side airbag. That makes a difference I believe if yours was the driver side

thats what u get buying a fucking rice burner

A couple months ago. I live in the bay area california. I just did a quick google search and found out honda issued a second "Honda Expanding Takata Airbag Recall by 2.2 Million Cars. " so this makes some sense now, i have a honda civic and i was part of an earlier recall and now there is a new recall to include more cars which yours is now apart of.

I'm not even gonna try to argue with you about this shit. I heard there was a problem with Honda accords. I looked up the VIN and was told there is no problem so I bought the car. Then they send me a notice after I buy the car saying that there was a problem before I researched the exact problem with it and I have to wait at least a month for the repair. Does that not sound shitty to you?

i bought my car used and found out the drivers side airbags were replaced a year ago or something then i got a rercall notice for my passenger side airbags.

Yeah I mean the compensation legally isn't a huge deal I'm just pissed that if someone rides in my passenger seat im risking a fucking explosion for at least a month

Its life brah.
Your response solidifies you're a milinial.
This is how the grown up world works.
Would you rather them not recall it and have your waifu body pillow get head raped?

They sent it to you afterwards, because you were in to the system when you signed your contract. The dealership just forwards information ahead. They dont even control it locally. It is all handled by the parent company who then trickle down the information. Do you expect some guy whos entire job is to remember all recall information for the last 50 years?

Grow up

It was a website which sole purpose was to search a VIN for an open recall. Not a fucking car salesman. Clearly none of you have the legal knowledge to answer my question

>a website
>a website
>a website
If it wasnt the dmv then its not reliable. Any rjoe blow can miss something, which you can see, happened for this instance

The website showed no open recalls on my VIN in early June. Then I get a notice from my dealer saying a recall opened May 25. And cut the millennial shit who the fuck cares how old I am just help me out or fuck right off

coming here for legal advice

>
>
>

>how old i am
So you are a milinial then? lol

>help me
I told you, you have no grounds for any type of lawsuit, it would be frivolous, and you would end up in debt

The website is Calle safecar.gov
Seemed pretty legit hi it wasn't the dmv

>safecar.gov
Is not a website.

www.safercar.gov/CheckForRecalls
This is the site that told me no open recalls when there was one

Check next post mistyped

This faggot has millennial written all over him

Maybe you guys are right I'm just pissed a legitimate website misinformed me and now part of my car is dysfunctional and even deadly for a month at the very least

Who do you think you would even sue????

I haven't been on here in years. Is "millennial" the new "newfag"? Oh well you guys are still the same corny neckbeards I remember, was just hoping at least one intelligent person would catch the thread

I'd disconnect the battery then remove the air bag, then reconnect the battery and drive the car. A quarter-inch drive metric socket set usually does the job. Plenty of info on OPs specific model online.

OP should see a LAWYER if he feels he has a case.

L A W Y E R.

Not Sup Forums.

The site that misinformed me? That was the point of the post asking what could be done. But this is Sup Forums I should've assumed this would just turn into a shit show with no useful advice

Milinals were born 199r+ who grew up in the early 2000's.
They are the SJW,tumblr,etcetcetc generation.
They are what is fucking up everything.

I do auto insurance for a living, I've heard a lot about this recall.

You have zero grounds to sue. You haven't suffered any injury because of the defective part and Honda didn't intentionally sell it defective.

If you take it to a dealership, they should keep the car and give you a loaner while your waiting for it to be repaired even though it may be some time.

That's all you can do. So get over it and suck it up. Or sell your car, no one gives a shit

Well I've been Sup Forumsrowsing since I was in 6th grade so I don't give a fuck to lie about my age but I've been on this shit forever

I'm 19 I can't take a rental for that reason and work two jobs So I can't keep a car in the shop. That's my problem is I'm really getting fucked by this

Millennials are born 1980-2000

Then sell your car you fucking retard

I'm 19 with two jobs I don't have time or money to buy and sell a car sounds like I'm just fucked for now. Thanks for the help to those who were useful and fuck the assholes. OP out

But you have time to file a lawsuit?

From what I can gather, he's contemplating suing the NHTSA (gov't agency that runs the site he's crying about). He says he was hurt because he relied on the recall information on the site when he decided to buy his car, but the site's information wasn't current/accurate, and now he has to wait a few weeks for a car part.

No one is going to be able to give you good legal advice about this over some anonymous cesspool message board -- if you really think you may have a claim, you need to meet with a lawyer and tell them all of the specific facts of the situation, including documents you signed, exact dates, etc. With that in mind -- and this is not legal advice that you should rely on at all -- you might want to check the terms of service of the website. This part in particular seems bad for your claim:

>"RESTRICTION OF LIABILITY: The NHTSA/DOT makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this web site and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this web site."

nhtsa.gov/About NHTSA/Statement of Ownership and Restriction of Liability

No.
20 year olds do not grow up in the 2000's they grew up 1985+
Kids born in 2000 dont grow up in 2000's they grow up in 2010's.

You got it right and gave me what I was looking for. Thank you Sup Forumsro

Hey I took this picture

>Driving a modern Honda.

AHAAHAHAHAHAHA you deserve it

SO FUCKING WHAT.

Did it sell you the car?

If it didn't sell you the car, then tough fucking shit.

If I tell you that dog poos are really tasty, then you go buy someone's dog poo and eat it:

- is it the guy who sold you a dog poo's fault you ate it?
- do I need to pay you the cost of a dog poo?

The answer to both questions is NO. You've not paid me for my opinion on dog poos, so I have no duty to accurately convey the tastiness of a dog poo to you, and it's not the dog poo seller's fault if you eat one then don't think it's tasty.