What are some Sup Forumscore films like pic related?

What are some Sup Forumscore films like pic related?

Not wanting doco's/bio's

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1590089/?ref_=ttsnd_snd_tt
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_D9OjDoQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Inside Llewelyn Davis

I honestly can't think of any movies besides these two that are actually about bands/musicians and also have good music.

Seen it, and whiplash before someone suggests that gem, but yeah that movie is exactly what I'm looking for.

Trainspotting
Malhaus (Metalhead)

Looks interesting, is it any good?

High Fidelity

High Society is pre C O M F Y

What about a mock documentary? Like this is spinal tap or electric apricot

Also im not sure if its super Sup Forums core but wristcutters is pretty cool

this film was sort of satire, right? like making fun of captain beefheart fans and shit

I'm Not There

24 HOUR
PARTY
PEOPLE

Once

DRUMLINE

PLASTIC FACE CAN'T SMILE THE WHITE OUT

Gift (1993)

DRUMLINE > WHIPLASH

that's a legit rec user check it out op

>A film by Ragnar

It's a biopic about a real guy. How do you watch it and not figure that much out? Are you literally retarded?

green room
ex drummer

It's a part of it. I mean it does have fun with the absurd of Frank's behavior and the way it is received - but I think it is more concerned with how we tend to glorify the imperfection of creators, to define them (and ourselves...) through defects as if talent depends on those. While in reality it confines the artist in the comfort of his fears and limitations, disrupting his growth.
Frank was made to think his musical talent depends on the mask, on his social anxiety, but being socially accepted was actually his biggest dream. Jon's disregard of his (and the band's) 'mad genius' persona was in fact a big blessing for him, but he soon finds that his anxiety - what he believed to be the source of his success - prevents it from him. He has to confront this truth, and realize that he is not defined by his fears, to finally be able to ditch the mask and restart his career.

Green Room
Only Lovers Left Alive (Jarmusch films in general are great for music fans, even if they're not necessarily about music. Tom Waits did the soundtrack to Night on Earth, he did a documentary on The Stooges etc.)
Whiplash
Three Colours: Blue
Control

In general music films are pretty bad, these are exceptions. I'd much rather watch documentaries on music

shit movie

Y'all forgot Almost Famous

shit opinion

i second trainspotting. one of the best soundtracks. good movie if you like music. and/or heroin.

This gem right here, def Pegg/Frost tier in quality

Starring my boy

Well gives you some black metal nostalgia, but I suppose the focus isn't so much on the music itself. Instead I'd like to say it focuses on the way people deal with emotions and traumatic experiences.

TLDR; Good movie, though not only about music

kokuhaku (confessions) - imdb.com/title/tt1590089/?ref_=ttsnd_snd_tt

film itself isn't very Sup Forumscore, but it has a Sup Forumscore soundtrack including radiohead. it has a quite powerful ending scene with the noisy shoegaze of boris playing in the background ( there are two boris-songs in the soundtrack altogether)

>It's a biopic about a real guy.
I mean, not really. It started out that way but it turned out to be a completely different end result. The only similarity is the paper mache helmet is basically identical to what the real guy wore and that it's about music.

>:^(

Wild Zero. Guitar Wolf's movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_D9OjDoQ0

Walk Hard