Any satellite installers out there? I have an interview Monday

Any satellite installers out there? I have an interview Monday

Only the older generations still uses satellite user.
You will be out of a job in no time. Good luck on the interview tho

Bumping

Shoulda' got Radar Technician III and gone to work at Groom Lake.

There's still plenty of them left, plus I am tired of warehouse work

Yeah bit I love CA too much to leave. Plus this is more of a step to becoming a marijuana grower

Not satellite installed but should be easy. Just point in right direction in right angle, check signal and screw it in. You won't be needing that helmet.

Should go to college and study Biotechnology, focus in LED plant growth.

pretty neat, can change how tall/wide/potent a plant is by simply adjusting the color of the light in growth.

I work for directv as an installer, what's up?

user here I actually worked for dish network (echostar) back when I was 19-22. Wouldn't do it again. I lived in so Cal at the time.

why wouldnt you do it again?

That'd be nice but I'd rather not go into a lot of debt to get there

How's the pay/weekly hours?

and now I work for direcTV haha but as an analyst. Moved up the chain

>satelite

get the fuck out of here you fucking pleb everyone knows cable is god tier you fucking faggot

It was fine when I was young. Going in attics, under homes, going up 40ft ladders. The job it self is easy most the time. I just didn't like the shit pay. And long 13 to 15 hour days.

Hey there dtv. Tech. Ever call support center to unlock your fstp haha. You probably have spoken to me

>cable
>God tier
Cut the cord faggot. PlayStation Vue and Kodi on the Firestick

How bad is the pay though? I'm in norcal making $13hr

Yeah they started us off at 13.50 and then there was a labor adjustment the company made. And bump us up to 17 an hour. It was decent pay back in the day for a 21 year old me.

You must've grown up upper middle class?

My dad isint even making 17 right now I think

I was working there while.i went to school didn't want to do it as a career my self. Never was much of an outdoor type of guy. But hey the job isn't bad for everyone I just wouldn't personal do it again.

Eh for me I plan to use it for investment capital really more than anything

As far as the interview goes I don't remember the questions. I feel like they got me as a young kid to go up on roofs and do stuff the older guys didn't want to do. As long as you can use a drill, level the mast, use the super buddy to find the best 110 and 119 satellites. You will be alright

I used to install dishes. It really isnt that hard. There's computers u use to make sure its all dialed in correctly.
Pay was pretty good.
Only thing that sucked was the long hours. Its not a typical 9-5, you are out there for 12, 13, 14, 15 hours sometimes. Its really a fucking drag.

BEST part tho was going into hot bitches houses and going into their panty drawer when ur "running lines" hahaha. SO MANY PANTIES!!!

Went to a sorority house 1 day with 7-10 bitches living there, fucking goldmine. 1 of the best days ever. Clean, dirty, fucking godly!

I worked as a direct hire not a contractor. I assume that's what you mean by making it an investment.

When I was hired, we are not technically working for DTv...we are our own private contractors. I only got an hourly wage while training. After I got into the field, I got paid on how many I installed. Thats why long hours...the more u do, the more u get paid.

Yeah but the bad thing with that is when I worked as an installer I would have to go clean up alot of the contractor jobs. Since they try and do it quick and move to the next one for the money. I see why they did it but as an internal employee I would hate to go and re do the whole job again. Rant.

No I plan to grow marijuana and save my money until I can sustain that in a legal setting .

Damn, I'm really not that into long hours. I work my ass off to get shit done before I chill out to wait for the milk to come in