For the first time in my life im considering suicide. I just gambled away my life savings...

For the first time in my life im considering suicide. I just gambled away my life savings, my girlfriend just broke up with me and my life is going nowhere. What is the point of living then? Just end it and sleep and get away from everything feels so comfortable.

Do a flip

How much did you gamble away?

10500 dollar

That's a lot of dong. Ironically you could have hired a hitman to kill you if you'd kept it.

Could be worse op....time to switch it up. Move somewhere you've never been and do whatever the fuck you really wanna do. Start fresh.

You had a life savings and a girl ?

Well whoopdy freakin doo...

You must be supr trrible at living in this cruel bizarre world. Oh noes ...

Do you even know where you are ?

Live stream it or shut the fuck up.

I played poker and had like 15000 dollar in my account, then gambled that away and then put in all the money i had and gambled them away also.

don't fuckign kill urself remember 10k in this worls is shit and many people have way more...u can work and stay focused and find that girl u been dying to be with then u will thank me

Ive thought about this, i was going to do it with the money i had but now everything feels so empty

Who cares...fucking sucks but its recoverable

Come to Brazil man..I can get you started down here.

>first time

Now you have the opportunity to try new things

There's nothing more valuable than a human life

Yeah. it scares me that i think like this. Never thought about suicide until this week.

$10500 is

Do this...

Ur overhthing it ....smoke weed or drink som liquor then go outside and breathe u asshole....life can be awesome if u take control....trust me work harder and the shit will fit like a puzzle and u will smile again...ur too smart to let suicide take it all away

Just stop being a dumb fuck and go get happy

yes i need to go somewhere, can't stay here any longer.

May as well do it, lord knows you'll never save up a whopping 10500 in the rest of your life.

Sell all your shit and move to some small beach town

you're right man i know that. But i have been depressed for like a year and nothing seems to help. But like u say i should really smoke a joint. Haven't smoked in like 4 weeks or so

things nobody with actual depression has ever said

Go get some happy drugs from the doc

that sounds really nice actually.

Hahaha hahaha. You think any force in this world is greater than your willpower. Get good newb.

you think that will help?

oh

Gonna level with you. Suicidal thoughts are like a dam, once it's broken there's no return. You'll struggle to find meaning but in the shadows that knowing thought remains. From now on, life will never be as bright because you've looked into the void.

The problem with this barrier is that until you've crossed it, you can only find reasons to live; where as doubt of happiness and love become ever so prominent across that divide.

Welcome to living hell OP, where you wish you could be strong enough to end it but are too weak to even control that until the suffering of loneliness and ego-loss after years of torment come to fruition and the gift of life is overcome by the surety of pain.

sucks to live in a country where you go to prison when smoking weed. I lost my drivers license because i got caught smoking weed and i wasn't even driving.

That's why they make the shit

sounds pretty much like my last year

havnt even really thought about it, maybe a should give it a chance.

Boo fucking hoo. 10k isn't even that much, certainly not worth killing yourself over. And losing one fucking woman out of BILLIONS that wasn't even your wife or the mother of your children is nothing to kill yourself over either. Quit being such a pussy and make some more money, find another girl, and live your life like every other jerkoff.

>Sell remaining shit
>But cyanide capsule
>keep it around your neck at all times
>Become a hobo
>Travel the world with nothing but the clothes on your back
>If it ever becomes truly unbearable, you have an escape route around your neck

I understand man, I really do. I'd give anything to turn back time and not see the rock bottom of existence.

Sell u stuff and bring the money with you. Dollar US$ is almost 1:4 with R$ Real, you can live like a King and is more then enough to get u started

And forget about shitholes like Rio or São Paulo, go to a small Beach town and enjoy life...its a paradise, trust me

ur looking for excuses to end it all.... fuck you.... you managed to find the one forum where people want u to die.... fuck u again....don't be weak bitch....if u follow dragonball Z be goku....go further beyond ur power... its inside u...

I've always found it funny that a counter-argument to suicidal thoughts is 'well if you're gonna kill yourself you have nothing to lose, go have some crazy fun!'

Nope, that's not how it works. The thing is, once you're plagued by these thoughts, the ability to have desire is gone. The absence of the ability to enjoy life is the primary narrative to end it.

Anime fag detected

It aint that hard to break depression, its called not giving a fuck. All the his feelings probably came from overthinking/overreacting things or actually worrying about things. First get rid of worry, youll be able to get rid of all the depressed thoughts when you no longer feel captive. who cares. make a new life, ignore the old and drink some more. youll be okay op, just dont be a pussy.

Yes this is so true and exactly how I've felt for the last year. I have no ambitions, i just want to be the person i was when i went to university. I just don't want to do anything.

ur the ultimate walking dildo..

You're a weeping little bitch...this isn't a hopeless novel. Quit being so fucking dramatic. You've been listening to too much Radiohead.

Not giving a fuck is the exact mentality of depression.

nigga thats not true. not giving a fuck means your not worried about anything and you can live freely. thats what it means.

thanks for all the kind words and pep talk. I really needed this and to write it off. I never really talked about this with anyone, my family doesn't know anything about how i feel i have kept it inside. This is really like the first time I've talked about this.

I'm the exact opposite of dramatic. I haven't spoken to a single person about these issues because it's embarrassing. In fact, the only humans I interact with are tellers when I buy food and alcohol. Drama is the result of interaction, so really I'm the least dramatic person I know. But go ahead and preach anyway, I'm sure you have all the answers for everyone.

No problema op but u should talk with someone close to you when u fell like...it can really helps

yes absolutely.

You can't be free and not give a fuck about how to remain free.

Here's an idea

i dont understand. idc kek

Brazilanon, I'm not OP but this sounds like a really good idea. I have a job that I could potentially keep and do remotely from Brazil. What town do you recommend?

I appreciate your honesty.

I feel you bro. Marriage is a mess, deep in debt, hate grad school and I don't really see myself going anywhere.

Yes thanks, i will do that.

I fucking hate that money is such a big part of our lives. It can really ruin lives

How can I hang myself on a door (no other place) without pain?

Somewhere to the South ... Its the most advanced and rich part of the country. Itajai or Joinville are good options, they have a great city nearby if you need (Florianópolis) and are peacefull and calm even during holydays

It's not really money though. It's power. Even if we have a system that equalizes salary, the problem won't go away. It's a matter of jealousy between the haves and the have nots. Money is just the easiest variable to point to.

By great city I mean the state capital

Look up the hang mans equation. You have to factor in length of rope, body weight, some other stuff. But if you get it right you'll snap your neck at the break instead of suffocate. Alternatively, too much slack and you'll decapitate yourself.

The mindset behind my post wasn't 'well if you're gonna kill yourself you have nothing to lose, go have some crazy fun!' I've had periods where I constantly think about ending it, so I understand that isn't how it works.

Being a hobo won't be fun, it won't be easy. The point isn't to have fun, it's to escape your current life, to search for something, anything. In those times I think about ending it, I also think about just leaving everything behind. The only comforting vision of a future I have is one where I leave my current life, my current self, behind. If you can't find any shred of joy after changing literally everything in your life, you might as well use the cyanide.

The thing is, that option is clearly worse than you're current life. It's just descending on a shitty life ladder. Yeah, you can run from it, but the problem isn't it. It's you. You can't run from yourself or your thoughts. I get what you're trying to say but it's a negative sum game. Making your life worse will never improve it.

>Making your life worse will never improve it
A lot of people actually become depressed due to the lack of challenges in their life. I don't know about you, but I usually enjoy life more the more I have to struggle.

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE ISLAMIC TRUCK OF TOLERANCE

______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|]
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)

POST THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE TONIGHT

>checked

Struggle is defined by the end goal. I completely agree with what you're saying, and though I'm too lazy to link there are studies that show stress is helpful. Before continuing though, I have to ask, have you experienced depression and advocate that more stress is beneficial to your mood. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just can't imagine this mindset. But then again, everyone's different.

seriously I have 15,500k debt on 3 credit cards and I make 20k/yr

You had money saved up, something that could save your life someday. And you pissed it all away for nothing. I have no sympathy...

>checked

Empathy isn't weakness, compassion isn't complacency. Grow up, and understand people rarely make good choices.

I have most definitely experienced depression before. I can't say that stress will improve anyone's mood or help others, it certainly seems to help me. While a big part of that may be the feeling of accomplishment that often comes after stress, something about stress itself actually seems to help me.
There was a time where I came extremely close to committing suicide. After that, I immediately got two jobs and worked myself to the bone for absolutely no reason (other than trying to change my life). Working 60-70 hour seemed to actually be wonderful for my mental health.

Your gf left you because you have no money, the wasn't really your gf to begin with them.

Either reinvent yourself or off yourself

Interesting, because I come from the opposite. I had a job that I worked into management, and put in a routine 70 hr. Work week. I grew more agitated and singular throughout. It's really quite amazing how different personalities experience similar conditions. The one reason I'm hanging on is because even though I personally feel like a failure, I find other people so damn interesting. I'm really glad things worked out for you, that's awesome you found a way out. I think OP should listen to someone who has recovered over someone too weak to endure.

Okay thanks

Gambling addiction is a very valid reason to leave someone. Even if it was supposedly a one-time thing, being stupid enough to gamble all your savings is still a valid reason.