Grammy Nominations, AKA Teen Choice Award tier shit

>Views
>Purpose

The rest are pretty shit too, but these albums specifically stand out as trash. No Bowie, of frank ocean, not even Sup Forumss favorite nigger kanye

Other urls found in this thread:

grammy.com/nominees
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus they get worse each year. The world needs a musicians guild or something to deliver us from this shit.

what a joke

>no Bowie
>no Radiohead
>no Kanye
>Adele
>Bieber
>Memeyonce
>Literally Whoson

>Bowie's not nominated for AOTY OR best Rock album.

Oy.

>Sturgill Simpson

Frank Ocean didn't nominate his album or something. Look it up
I am kinda down that Bowie wasn't included. I'm sure it didnt receive a lot of radio play though but I liked it a lot

Honestly, I want Adele to win because it's better than the rest of the shit on this list, and even so it's pretty trash tier itself

>low hanging fruit

are you people surprised or something? like does this shit honestly get emotional reaction out of you?

I thought it was pretty good desu

are u guys that far away from society?
teens don't care fucking david bowie besides the tumblr outcast with daddy issues

go to a party for once in your life ffs

And this is exactly pop music as so far from becoming a serious art.
Critics are still blinded by commercial success.

Views would have been a solid 7/10 album if we took off some songs.

Lemonade would still be better but at least it would be way head of puorpose

de la on the best rap album is weird to see with the other ones on there

Shut up fag your moronic argument isn't welcome here. Never post again.

It was my AOTY but I don't understand what it's doing at the Grammys. Definition of one of these things is not like other.

Bowie litterally turned his death into an artpiece, how is that not even considered as one of the greatest music acts of this year?

t. outcast

No A Tribe Called Quest either.
It's a joke

I agree with you, but commercial success should still be a factor when deciding the best album of the year.

normies don't give a shit about artpieces desu

gotta have room for the bieber album

Rigged!

t. loser

maybe because blackstar isn't as commercially valuable as others?

how nearsighted are you fucking people?

JB's gonna win that shit.
And Grammys have always been shit, not sure why you guys are mad.

i think that at least came out after the cutoff point

True, after last years Tatlor Swift debacle this shit should be routine. First time I've seen literally zero redeemable albums in the nominations though.

their album was released after the deadline i think

Well drake doesn't give a fuck about a Grammy.

>Commercial success=Quality

how can you fug shit up this bad?

You should know how much of an insufferable cunt you are. Everybody goes to parties bro, you're not a special snowflake because you got invited to a party once by some kid in your high school.

Also GTFO with your shitty populist argument already you dumb shit. There's obvious been a huge decline in quality of nominations over the past few years.

when did i ever say or imply that?

do you not know how the grammy's work?

stupid fucking Sup Forumskid

>no Frank Ocean

He didn't submit the paperwork on purpose as a protest.

The deadline is Sept. 30 (or maybe Oct. 1). Their album wasn't released until Nov. 11. It's not eligible until next year's awards.

If you're gonna criticize the Grammys, at least do it properly you fucking retards.

Oh good point, that'll give meshugah an entire year to build support for best packaging

It comes with guitar picks!

I'm surprised justin beiber is still as popular as he is, you'd think he would have fallen off after he grew up

That's Eminem. Half of these critics can't even stomach him.

Are you too autistic to tell people aren't talking about how they work itt but how they /should/ work?

>he's still not getting it

just stop, user.

just stop.

you wanna know how I know you don't leave the house?

all of those albums have been played non stop all over the radio this year
get a grip on reality pls

Let alone stand him

no i'm well aware of that, it's just that your opinions have no weight in the grand scheme of things. none of you have the power to change the establishment of this; recognize this and move on.

It's a thread for conversation. People can realize this and still talk about it. In fact, in that sort of situation, it's even more reasonable for most people to talk about something.

Mustaine this is your year I know it

I did say blackstar didn't receive airplay. I know it was a long shot but with
1) It hitting no.1 on itunes and
2)Last album by a culturally valuable man who recently passed away (whatever value this has)
I was kinda hoping?

this.

to whine about this is to be detached from the real world, honestly. fantastic test, really.

no it's more like a thread for nearsighted kids to flaunt ego over establishment and act like they know how things """should""" work.

>culturally valuable man

normies don't care about this, idiot. they care about here and now.

Full list of nominees
grammy.com/nominees

>your opinions have no weight in the grand scheme of things
>visits a board where people discuss their opinions on a highly subjective art form

I know you're trying really hard to be smart but maybe one step at a time son

wow, holy shit, this is some grade-a autism.

to interpret conversation as whining is a better test desu
>no it's more like a thread for nearsighted kids to flaunt ego over establishment and act like they know how things """should""" work.
wew

>implying the grammy's are subjective

you have no idea.

the world is bigger than you

it's pretty clear that a good number of people in this thread are mad over this.

are there any legitimate alternatives to the grammy's?

I know what your moms been doing

Never understood why this board makes full of normies everyday.
then whines when the normies don't nominate their music

NME Awards

Not really. The Billboard Awards and American Music Awards are an even bigger circlejerk.

At least the Grammys get things right every once in awhile (Arcade Fire and Beck won AOTY this decade).

fug, lets start our own shit

Well Bowie got some nods... As well as King (I realize not many ppl here give a shit but woop)

people are only annoyed because you're here and trying to say people can't express that they wish the grammy's represented their taste

>Best Alternative Music Album
- "22, A Million" Bon Iver
- "Blackstar" David Bowie
- "The Hope Six Demolition" Project PJ Harvey
- "Post Pop Depression" Iggy Pop
- "A Moon Shaped Pool" Radiohead

>Best Rock Album
- "California" Blink-182
- "Tell Me I'm Pretty Cage" The Elephant
- "Magma" Gojira
- "Death Of A Bachelor" Panic! At The Disco
- "Weezer" Weezer

they can express that, it's pretty petty though.

Alternative looks fine to me except I'm shocked pj got it because that album is so mediocre

Crime that Gore didn't get rock

I wonder how hard in the thread you'd have to look to find something pettier

Oh shit hotline bling is going to win, nice.

>Panic! At the Disco
Da fuc?

i'd argue that passive-aggressiveness is pretty petty too.

do me a favor and post proof of you purchasing one of your fav albums from 2016

If only Scaruffi was in charge

Damn this was a shitty year for rock.

lmao, good point.

I haven't even listened to anything from 2016 honestly, not sure why I'm in this thread

>84 categories

It's stuff like the Grammys and the Emmys that remind me that Oscars aren't that bad in comparison

Why are the Grammys so fucking shitty compared to the Oscars?

Not sure why this is left out but Los Lonely Boys : Los Lonely Boys was also on this list, fucked up that you guys didn't post the real list

>Sturgill Simpson

Literally who?

Any year in music is irrelevant if Los Lonely Boys doesn't release any music

What made them choose Simpson? His album was definitely one of the best this year but it seems like an odd choice compared to the rest of the list

frank ocean didnt submit his album for the grammys

>all of those albums have been played non stop all over the radio this year
>sturgill simpson - a sailor's guide to earth

there's always one genre album chosen completely at random

>no Bowie anywhere

Not like I needed another reason to believe the Grammys were horseshit, but thanks for further solidifying that belief in my mind, you hacks.

>tfw some garbage artist does a mandatory bowie tribute

Only good name on the list desu

consumerist pls go

This is a bit unrelated but
>listen to the same music for years
>so tired of it i start listening soundtracks (movies, games and what do i know)
>start to get tired of it too
What do i do now?

read a book

No. Need some music compensatory.

>It's Bieber

I was trying to find out what kind of faggots are involved in the voting process of this and I found this out:

>you only need 12 songs available for streaming or sale to vote for the Grammys

Theoretically, if we got like 1000 Sup Forumstants to put 12 shitty tracks up on spotify, we could get DG, Swans and Aldean nominated in every category, right? Or is it more complicated than that?

Listen to different music. Try New Wave or swing or jazz ensembles, or big band, doo-wop. There's millions of lifetimes worth of music out there.

I feel like they didn't include Bowie just cos he would be the clear winner, I could be wrong.

It's one of those cases where they put an album of actual merit next to albums that were nominated due to sales/popularity just so they can pretend that the Grammys are actually not a popularity contest.

>caring about the grammys

wew

It's really kind of especially fucking stupid that A Moon Shaped Pool isn't up for AOTY seeing as every one of their previous albums has been nominated for the past 20 years (except TKOL) and it's their best in over a decade.

I'm mostly just pissed because this means there won't be some awesome orchestral performance of Burn the Witch or Daydreaming or something which they almost certainly would've done if they had gotten the nod again. :/

And I shouldn't even have to mention Bowie.

JFC, how do you screw this up so bad?

Mostly just wanted to see Radiohead perform, and maybe win AOTY so I could gloat at all the stupid Beyhive bitches for a minute and move on.

Sturgill Simpson being up there shows you don't have to be a top 40 giant to be nominated so they should have replaced it with Bowie's album. At least Bowie is in the alternative category.

>Blackstar
>Best Alternative Album
>Up against Iggy Pop and Radiohead

It appears the Grammy's are no longer relevant to Rock Music anymore.

>muh bowie
bitch move on