Sporting appreciation thread

Why aren't they getting more credit? They basically produced a championship winning team. Just as impressive as Barcelona's contribution to Spain's golden generation and Buyern to Germany's WC winning team.

>4/11 of the starting team currently play for Sporting
>9/14 of the Portuguese players involved in the match are products of Sporting

GOATing on winning the Champions League watch

Pissfica on pooicide watch

Poorto on pooicide watch

People recognize. No one is on suicide watch. Let other glory hunt, we're just happy Portugal won.

But good of you to try and stir up shit.

Because Benfica has 14 million supporters(Pedro Guerra dixit) and they control the media.
TVI, which is a national channel whose president is also Benfica's vice president is the leader regarding the desinformation campaign and they will talk about how good Renato and Ronaldo were.

The fact is simple. 8 of the 11 players that started the final learned how to play football at Sporting.

Benfiquista here but Rui Patrício is GOAT.

fucking clubismo's

>it was like this for the past 12 years and we didn't win anything thanks sporting

Fernando Santos is the true GOAT

Yes he's GOAT for understanding that he should be playing the complete Sporting midfield. The football immediately got better kek.

the Jesus midfield

Will we win the CL this year lads?

Could have had 10/14.

we did have 10/14 the OP is wrong
Ronaldo
Quaresma
Moutinho
Nani
William
Fonte
Adrien
Joao Mario
Patricio
Cedric

The people know, I am happy that >our club makes big contributions to portuguese football, and SCP's academy is recognized throughout the continent.

Sporting fag here.

I am still completely assblasted with our coach and president shittalking Benfica and giving them the strength to pull back from an 8 point Sporting lead.
I love our players, but fuck the management.

SLIMANI SLIMANI SLIMANI

Then you should be mad at your players instead. Especially Bryan Ruiz, since if he had never missed that open goal against Benfica, you guys would've won the league.

Rely on a Fulham flop to win you the league, lads.

Not at all, there we're tons of moments like that in the tournament. Losing against Benfica is a very possible odd whereas losing to fucking União da Madeira is way worse.

Bryan Ruiz gave Sporting way more goals than he took.

SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I am so proud of them.

We need to be Champions, desperately.
The momentum created by the new President (we where 7th placed a few years ago) to a competitive team based on the Academy must not go to waste.
Ffs, even more than half of our stadium is already sold out from the annual seats already.
Everyone was with the team until the end. New talent is coming.

We really need it.

And we'll have the only think that was lacking last season.
A fucking second striker
Podence and Alan Ruiz! Teo can fuck off now

Sporting fans are fucking sad

Every single fucking Euro game, after the game my facebook feed is full of:
1) Normal people celebrating the victory
2) Sporting fans going "HAHAHAHA LITERALLY 200% OF OUR PLAYERS ARE FROM SPORTING HAHAH KILL YOURSELVES BENFICA FANS YOU'RE DISGUSTING AND DESERVE TO DIE HAHAH SPORTING LMAO"

Even the official Sporting facebook page posted one of those congratulations pics for our nt when we won some game (don't remember which) but they only included Sporting players on the photo. Everyone just laughed at them and commented about how fucking pathetic that was so next time they added like two players from other clubs to try and hide their salt.

Sporting fans are the only portuguese club fans that can't forget their cancerous MY TEAM > YOUR TEAM mentality during the fucking euro cup. They only praise Sporting players and whenever one of them does anything they just rub it in your face like HAHAHA WHERE ARE YOUR BENFICA PLAYERS NOW YOU FUCKING PIG LMAO SPORTING IS THE BEST

It's just sad to see. Can't you fuckers let go of that shitty mentality for one fucking month? Just for one month, let's all be Portuguese, let's just support our national team without spending every second looking for some reason to yell that Sporting is actually the best and everyone else is retarded

Sftu u bitch ass motherfucker
The ONLY fucking reason Portugal is on the map is because of Sporting and its Academy.
You should just be grateful and stfu u fucking musgeira monkey
Your club is a corrup shithole that contributs with NOTHING fucking NOTHING to the NT while 10/14 players in the final ARE MADE IN SPORTING... SHUT YOUR FUCKING TOOTHLESS DRUNK BENFIKEK MOUTH MOTHERFUCKER WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? IRRELEVANT PIECE OF SHIT BENFICA CLUB SMALL FUCKING CLUB

Please stop doing this to yourself

lol what a butthurt faggot
Sporting fans are allowed to be proud of their players, we see them since they are little kids and watch them develop into great players, so we can't help to feel proud.
The only player your club has there is a bench warmer, so respect what sporting does for the country.

you're just mad cuz your club is irrelevant outside of portugal, and even in here you have to buy the whole media to keep the fans supporting that corrupt filthy club. Benfica is pathetic.

t. Pedro Guerra

I have hopes that Iuri will come in to the team in great style tbqh.

V: Ainda sonha com a guerra?

ALA: (...) Apesar de tudo, penso que guardávamos uma parte sã que nos permitia continuar a funcionar. Os que não conseguiam são aqueles que, agora, aparecem nas consultas. Ao mesmo tempo havia coisas extraordinárias. Quando o Benfica jogava, punhamos os altifalantes virados para a mata e, assim, não havia ataques.

V: Parava a guerra?

ALA: Parava a guerra. Até o MPLA era do Benfica. Era uma sensação ainda mais estranha porque não faz sentido estarmos zangados com pessoas que são do mesmo clube que nós. O Benfica foi, de facto, o melhor protector da guerra. E nada disto acontecia com os jogos do Porto e do Sporting, coisa que aborrecia o capitão e alguns alferes mais bem nascidos. Eu até percebo que se dispare contra um sócio do Porto, mas agora contra um do Benfica?

V: Não vou pôr isso na entrevista...

ALA: Pode pôr. Pode pôr. Faz algum sentido dar um tiro num sócio do Benfica?

And Ryan Gauld

>We have filthy sub-human niggers that support benfica
I Wouldn't be proud of that tbqh

9 players played, play, were raised at FC Porto. Not suicide material.

Ricardo Carvalho - Made in Porto
Pepe - Made in Porto
Bruno Alves - Made in Porto
André Gomes - Youth player
João Mário - Youth player
Moutinho - Developed in Porto
Quaresma - Developed in Porto
Vieirinha - Made in Porto
Danilo - Developing in Porto

Tou a ver que estão aqui adeptos do sporting e do benfica, Bora nos rir dos corruptos lá de cima uma beca
>Compram o Alex telles
Os adeptos do inter tão a dizer que ele é uma merda e os do galatasaray tão todos contentes por o terem vendido

This is some deluded shit right here.

>These levels of delusion
João Mario spent 14 days in Porto's academy when he was 9 years old
>Youth player

All you have is three bench warmers...

>Levels of delusion
>Only tries to debate one single player unsuccessfully

Deal with it.

You didn't amke any players your faggot some of those just played for your club...The only player you have in the Euro is Danilo and André gomes.
Two shitty bench warmers

Without bribing the reffs Porto is done as a club.
You are literally Braga tier, the only thing the club has left are the fans because its all just going downhill from here. just look at your fucking players and coach..

This is being deluded. The years and years of being a feeder club, raped by superior clubs clearly have taken a toll on your sobriety. It must be really frustrating having what were once great talents and being unable to develop them into proper players. Sporting's good at finding talent not at developing it. They stale if they stay there too long. The only exception is Rui Patricio, watch João Mário turn to shit if he doesn't leave soon.

The greatest feat Braga has ever done is reaching a Europa League final. They got beaten in the final by... Porto. They beat Benfica in the semis. Still, that's a bigger achievement than Sporting has ever done.

kek, então mas o maçã podre estava morto para os sportinguistas?

You produced jackshit.

You gave them the basis but the players made themselves, period. In the end of the day, Ronaldo is the player he is because of the work put in during his time in Sporting, MU and Real, and all his individual work. He wasn't worth 100 million when he left Sporting, nor was he anywhere near the level he is right now. To take credit for that is to diminish the players hard work and dedication and frankly makes you look fucking retarded.

Stop trying to squeeze a moral victory out of something that belongs to the whole country and its players.

Sporting just won the European. and won the Cup of Cups which is bigger than the CL back in 64...
Porto is nothing compared to sporting or benfica.

stfu faggot 4 Players that currently play and were made in Sporting were undisputed starters.
Patricio gave us the fucking cup.

Maybe because Portugal's win was basically Chelsea 2012?

Cup of Cups? What's that? A competition so great that was unanimously terminated for being crap? In what year? 1964? Champions League didn't exist back then.

Braga's Europa League's final makes them a bigger european club than sporting, who's solely known for the friendly Ronaldo made for them against Man Utd.

(You) got DESTROYED by the muslim capital of europe mate.

Yeah, we totally destroyed ourselves in that game, I agree.

>Champions League didn't exist back then.
yes. it was called Cup winners Cup which sporting won fair and square unlike Porto's CLs which were all fucking bought. even sir Alex said so.

Your bait is pathetic especially coming from an irrelevant club both in and outside of portugal.

Its like your not even a portuguese club, sometimes I forget FC Porto exists since the media has literally 0 (zero) coverage on you because of how little fans you have and how irrelevant your shit corrupt club is. embrassing.

Benfica fan here
I think most of the whole "Benfica controls the media" hype is just conspiracy theories. The media shouldn't even be able to control people, we should be able to think for ourselves.
That said, I have to congratulate Sporting for having the best academy of Portugal, it's true and there is no denying that. However, I think both Benfica and Porto are making huge investments in their own academies, which can only be good to our NT, and I hope that, one day, we may have an academy with 7/8 players in the NT, as Sporting does now.

If benfica or sporting win a game of table tennis on the same day that Porto wins the CL. the tennis table win will get more coverage than your irrelevant club.
Thats how shitty your club is. literally no one cares about porto

Rest of the Sup Forums, this is what Portugal has become, a bunch of idiots discussing whose cock is bigger.
After we won the Euro, something which probably will never happen again, portuguese fans keep on discussing which team is the biggest one, instead of celebrating the greatest achievement we've ever had. This has reached a whole new level of sadness, not even our NT can stop club rivarly. People don't even talk football anymore, they just talk about buying refs, stuff said on the media and social networks and which club has the best ACADEMY, not the best team, but the best academy, as if that sub19 championships ever mattered to anyone. I believe the academy is incredibly important for a club, but more important is what you do with it, and, here in Portugal, we don't support our younger players, we just crap on them, all they have to do is be in the wrong club and you're already being compared to shit.
This is what's wrong here, but unfortunatley people here are so blinded by their club's colours they can't even see what's right or wrong.

*they're, instead of you're, second to last sentence

most enlightened post ITT

My brother works for ABola. Benfica does control the media.
Heres how it works (and I know what im talking about)
>Benfica has weekly meeting with their TV Pundits to make comunication strategy
>Since BdC took over they have been targeting Sporting and Sporting only, they realise Sporting is a much bigger threat than porto
All the Benfica pundits have the jobs to lower the status of the sporting pundits by going aginst them personally and making them look bad on TV.
Another thing is deny ANYTHING that benfica has done wrong.
Always target sporting finances altho its better than benfica's
NEVER, BUT NEVER say a single good thing about a sporting player, this is key, if they say anything even remotly good about a player they always need to say a "but" which is followed by saying shit agaisnt bdc or JJ.
They have to make BdC look like the worst person alive.
The pundits arent in TV to discuss footbal but only to propagandize benfica.
. ->> Now this is the part i know allot about:
Benfica pays royaltys to CMTV, ABolaTV, and now is moving into TVI and TVI24 and have "deals" with SIC tho its in a lower scale.
They pay them to put the pundits benfica chooses to put on their TV channels and (this is key) They have absolute control on the football TV show Hosts, so they ALLWAYS spend half their shows debating the Bad stuff about sporting and keep the conversation about the bad things in sporting going. they cut short the sporting pundits and tell the benfica pundits they have all the time they want to keep talking shit about sporting.

This my friend is how you brainwash the masses.
Im taking a degree on social communication and have also worked as an inturn on Abola with my brother for a while. Abola and Record directors are fannatic Benfica fans too.

hey man I have always given them credit.

I love sporting and I love CP!

tell me something I don't already know faggot

FUCK KD

this desu

without benfica, where would sporting find the motivation to go on? even porto managed to move on

>my cousin's friend father works for Nintendo guys

top self-bantz there hans

if only france and sporting fans were that sensible

No it wasn't. The Champions League is the successor of the European Club Champions Cup.

Cup Winners Cup is a mickey mouse trophy. Especially if won when most footballers were semi-professionals.

Braga's European prestige > Sporting's

Best (You) I've ever gotten here, thanks man

>7-1

As someone whose wife's boyfriend works for A Bola as well, I can confirm this.

what

The circlejerking is as big as it gets yes. And they all clearly finish in your mouth, that's why you're a deluded faggot starving for more circlejerk cum. Congrats for (yet) another trophy, top circlejerk club - Sporting Lisbon. Such prestige.

stfu and bow down to the european champions faggot

Because >we can't win trophies

Sir Alex is nothing but a cunt and sore loser that bought referees himself in England.

Because fuck the NT. What matters is regular season football. Not this shitty tournaments that happens every 4 years. Now the dust has settled and we're back to what matters. CLUB COMPETITIONS

>fuck the NT
stopped reading right there

All you niggers should shut the fuck up. Portugal wins a fucking trophy and not even 2 days later you're arguing which club contributed more for the win. Even during the tournament "Renato Sanches was POTM ahah" "best goalscorers are from Sporting ahah" fuck off

Sporting was very important because 10 players (Patrício, Cedric, Fonte, William, Adrien, João Mário, Moutinho, Nani, Quaresma, Ronaldo) were brought up in Sporting's academy.

Porto was very important because 8 players (Bruno Alves, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho, Vieirinha, Moutinho, Danilo, André Gomes, Quaresma) either came through the youth ranks or moved there and became great players.

Benfica wasn't as important but they still had a major role in the career of 3 players (André Gomes, Renato Sanches, Eliseu) and they have fucked Sporting and Porto for 3 straight years so shut up.

Braga (Eduardo, Éder, Rafa) was also important, as was Marítimo (Pepe, Danilo).

Mate i have celebrated harder when Montero scored against Braga on the portuguese cup final 2 year a go, than any of the goals the portuguese nt scored during the euro.
Don't give a rats ass about it. I just want to see Sporting win the league.

Can someone explain to me why Sporting doesn't do as well as Porto and Benfica? There's supposed to be a Big 3 in Portugal, but all I see is Big 2. Is it bad management? Or is portugese league/federation run by Benfica fans so they get help from the refs like Juve did in Italy and Barca does in Spain now? Is it political? I know that Benfica is left wing and Sporting is right.

I mean, there are other countries that have Big 3's where one club had a long period of bad results, Feyenoord in Netherlands, Inter in Italy, but those clubs were counted as major clubs in their countries because they won stuff in Europe. Freaking Feyenoord won European Cup just like Ajax and PSV. Sporting on the other hand didn't and I imagine they must be assblasted that Porto and Benfica did.

I never liked Benfica and Porto so I'm pretty annoyed that those losers from Sporting can't win even one league.

>Is it bad management?

Yes. We have better management now but our president is still a knob

t. Sporting fag

They went through a rough patch yes. Very poor management from consecutive boards that almost lead them to bankruptcy.
They're getting back on...slowly but they are.

And no Benfica isn't left wing, nor Sporting is right wing. That's completely standardized these days. One of Benfica's vice presidents was even a former minister during a right wing government i.e.
The things is that Benfica was founded due to a merger of two small clubs based on working class areas of Lisbon, while Sporting was founded with the help of a very rich bank owner. But like i said, these days it's comp'letely standardized.

inculto de merda.

this Portuguese melt down fukin hell guys

Sporting had a lot of past presidents in the last 10 years who didn't really look out for the team's best interests. Bad management, that's what happened, in my opinion. There's hope, with the current president, that things will get better, though not easy. We were pretty competitive in the portuguese championship this year. Maybe you will get to see something good from Sporting in the Champions League next year too.

I have full respect for Braga's achievements in the last years when it comes to europe competitions.

But there's nothing that Braga has achieved that entitles more european prestige than Sporting. At the very best we would be equals since Sporting has gone to Europa League final as well. But then again, we also have Cup Winners Cup and a lot of titles in other sports... Also more presence in the Champions League, even if not particularly great.

That's what you get for leaving Europe. Now this shit is ours.

Good good, fight among yourselves let the hatred flow through you. Only the strongest can be champion

OP are you Aussie or Port living there?

The problem with Sporting is that it should be dead by know following Godinho Lopes term. But Bruno de Carvalho did such a good job that in three years we went from the worst crisis in our history to our old status as a title contender and this year maybe the number 1 candidate. This recovery pissed many people off.

Jesus fucking Christ zborting with the attention seeking.
Yeah we all know you have 1 of the best football academies in the world. We love you for that because we also benefit from that. Stop trying to make everything about you every single time.

>this year maybe the number 1 candidate
Just like last year, right? And the one before that? And every year for the past 10+ years?

Keep dreaming, we'll keep winning ;)

>Yeah we all know you have 1 of the best football academies in the world
I don't like to brag
Ajax has the GOAT academy and they have decades of experience at that. Barcelona La Masia was modeled after them when Cruyff urged the president to do so

>Just like last year, right? And the one before that? And every year for the past 10+ years?
Difficult to top the regime club

Éder hit the ball with his hand vs France as well, might as well give them the trophy since it obviously means we're evil and corrupt

Well you've done it hundreds of times lel

>all LOL de Portugal players
>none of them won shit at LOL

>SCP
>CP

MODS

Who gives a shit where they were formed? Only faggots who don't win championships care about that because it's the only thing they can cling to.

What matters is forming players, and I'm glad Porto and Benfica have stepped up their game and it isn't just Sporting sending out waves of young players every year.
It's just a shame imo that Benfica immediately sells their extremely talented players, unlike Porto and Sporting.

what's this gif supposed to show? a dive?
have you ever played football? A touch like that can easily cause the player to fall to the ground, especially if you're jumping like that fag was.

Does Sporting win trophies? Is this all they have to hold on to?

How much does a Portuguese trophy actually count for when most of the teams they play have like 1,000 attendance?

>because threads like these really makes people like sporting yes

well played op