He's right.

Epic trole ftw xDD REDDIT!!

looks accurate to me

that's true

his early albums were memes

t. Scaruffi dick suckers

t. butthurt beatles cuck

t. Beatles/Radiohead/Bowie pleb

No one gives a shit lad. You'll look back on this once you've grown up and be embarrassed for yourself. Personally I feel sorry for you. At least you've made this mistake anonymously online so it won't have any consequences for you. I just hope realise how dumb this is some day and take it back.

>Ultraviolence (Interscope, 2014), produced by the Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, jettisoned the hip-hop beats and, by that single move, achieved a much deeper sense of sincerity. Cruel World is the ultimate cry of loneliness, with psychedelic overtones and reminiscent of Jim Steinman's teen melodramas (the melody spirals up in a manner similar to Bonnie Tyler's hit Total Eclipse Of The Heart). West Coast is a blues lament derailed by details such as a soprano surge and a vintage guitar twang, which appropriately segues into the slow-burning, martial, plantation chant Sad Girl, perhaps the peak of pathos. Shades Of Cool weaves its tenderness around a desperate melismatic yodel, a waltzing tempo and a stoic guitar solo (and well disguised is the influence of Janis Joplin on this structure). It gets even sadder than that, in the funereal Pretty When You Cry, whose grandiose finale borrows from Kate Bush and Pink Floyd. The rest is filler. As a five-song EP, this would have been a masterpiece.
>As a five-song EP, this would have been a masterpiece.
>masterpiece
>masterpiece according to Scaruffi = 9/10
The first 9/10 of the millenium could have gone to fucking Lana Del Rey. What the fuck Scaruffi.

has scaruffi ever got anything right though?

you're retarded

when scaruffi say's masterpiece it doesn't mean 9/10. He even called Abbey Road the Beatles masterpiece. Masterpiece just means that artists best work.

why did he want to fuck 12 year olds again?

>bringing it all back home is an early dylan album

scaruffi.com/cdreview/new.html
>Ratings: 10=best album ever; 9=rock masterpiece; 8=buy it now; 7=buy it eventually; 6=buy it if you are a fan

should be
>6/10
>8/10
>7.5/10
>7.5/10
>10/10

I mean, at this point it's kind of asinine to say an album that was released three years into a fifty four year career isn't early.

I'm 22 which is probably older than your dumb ass

are you autistic?

according to scaruffi dylan is the 6th most influential musician ever, stop complaining

>Any critic who hails [In Rainbows] as a masterpiece must be missing 99% of the music released in the same month.
>Amateurish and derivative, [Modern Life is Rubbish] simply proved that Blur had little or no musical talent.
>After a long hiatus, Daft Punk returned with Random Access Memories (Daft Life, 2013), a collection of incredibly trivial melodies and beats
>Just like the Beatles before her, Bjork has made trivial pop music enhanced with studio wizardry. It's the studio wizardry, not the music, that people buy. And the tv-friendly image, of course. Anybody who thinks Bjork is a genius should try to listen at least to Solex. Let your ears, not publicity, judge.
>Death Grips' lame No Love Deep Web (2012) continued the artistic decline of the project.
>As an aural experience, [Yeezus] feels terribly old, like most granpas when they try to speak the language of their high-school nephews. Maybe this album was only meant as a self-mocking joke?
I don't know how he keeps getting away with this.

>being this pleb

If the definition of music is:

vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

How is studio trickery NOT music?

kek, i totally should read more of his opinions on artists i dislike

I don't know. desu I have no idea what Scaruffi even listens to music for. He doesn't listen to it for fun, he never listens to it for feels or emotions of any kind. What's the purpose of his site even? People laugh at Anthony Fantano and call him a pleb and stuff, but at least he genuinely enjoys discussing and listening to music. I feel passion from him. All I get from Scaruffi is scorn for musician's hard work and for music fans who dare to enjoy music.

This is a hilarious thing to say. 8.5/10

I know you think you're correct, but the data is misleading. He calls 7.5 albums masterpieces and he does say what said, about the artists best work.

Not a Scaruffi fan, but Bob Dylan was always pretty average.

this is the funniest thing i've ever seen on Sup Forums. I laughed out loud for almost 10 seconds, in a hysterical way.

Because the rock music he likes he probably thinks is intensely sublime, and he thinks that no one is sufficiently cataloguing it. He's also trying to catalogue as much as he can so he tries listening to everything he can and I'm certain he values albums that are 7/10s, and there are small hundreds of albums that are 7.5/10+ that he thinks are works of genius.

He's trying to pick out the albums that he thinks are actually great works of art so that people in the future will listen to them. People who are really into music will always explore everything with abandon though, just like Scaruffi does in his personal listening. He may be the canonical critic of a slightly past time.