So Sup Forums, I got a truck. Chevy Silverado 2002. I want it to sound badass...

So Sup Forums, I got a truck. Chevy Silverado 2002. I want it to sound badass. I don't need it to actually be fast or any of that shit, I just want it to be loud. Have access to a welder and know how to use it. Any recommendations? I honestly don't know what to get or do.

Engine?

remove muffler and replace with a bell or horn shape

V8

prob 5.3L v8. I have one and recommend against op because stupid idea

Stop being a piece of shit?

But what? Is there some kind of muffler I should buy to replace it with?

Convert to dual exhaust, remove cat, install cherry bombs. SOP

You want a larger exhaust? Room to breathe? Maybe a street legal CAI? Cold Air Intake?

no just have no muffler

Sell that murican heavy junk and buy a real car, like a toyota or a hyundai

Get yourself some headers and do a whole new exaust system with the mufflers of your choice.

basically this.

1. Remove muffler.
2. Cut open muffler.
3. Remove mulffling.
4. Reseal and reinstall.

Anything cold air intake you'd suggest in particular? A cherry bomb looks to be my current bet

Is that legal?

More pics just cause.

Legality was never mentioned nor implied.

What's the likelihood of it being a legal problem?

You can get a nice rumble by just replacing the muffler(s). I have Flowmaster on mine. If you have expendable income you do headers and dual exhaust. Getting a larger diameter pipe will make the pitch lower. This will also help the engine breathe and give you a little better efficency. If you do that then replace the intake with a high flow or cold air system even. Itll give you a little extra in power and may even help your fuel economy.

Thanks for the info, flow masters currently seeking like the best choice

Youll be noticeably loud. But do a clean job and seal it up neat enough to pass a visual youll be fine.

Youll be toast if they have a decibel meter handy though.

Is it possible to just remove some of the muffling instead of all?

yes

Order install50$ flow master 3 chamber muffler, sounds good not annoying to drive, leave factory pipe and tip, no need to look like pure whiskey tango

Hard to beat 50$. Thanks

Magnaflow exhaust,headers and free flowing catalytic converter