Now that the dust has settled on one of the worst euros ever...

Now that the dust has settled on one of the worst euros ever, will they go back to 16 teams to get rid of the shit nations?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/03/world-cup-expand-40-teams-fifa-reform
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really, both Euro and WC are set to expand the number of nations playing.

Portugal got through because of the new rule, so I doubt it
It's considered a success (more teams, more tickets sold, more tourism). They don't give a shit about game quality

They'll call it big success and go up to 32. Qualification no longer needed.

There's 55 members, there would still need to be qualification

No, they'll call the fact that a 3rd place team won the tournament a success for the expansion of it

Countries which already won it should automatically qualify

>Scotland
Makes me laugh every time

I agree with the 24 clubs format. I think the whole continent should be allowed to participate. I was tired of the euros as this private club with always the same teams playing.
The world cup should feauture only the best from each conference, but conference tournaments should be for everybody.

Need to increase it to 32

Yes!

That would exclude England though.

>Scotland
>Other ex-yus

AHAHAHAHA

It would be such a low-quality tournament at that point. I'm not interested in a Montenegro vs Israel game.

We need the qualifying to build up our delusion though.

>We qualified easily in a group with San Marino, Estonia, and Luxemburg. It's coming home lads!

>that's the joke

>Soviet Union won in 1960

Hey!

There were only 4 teams participating back then.

Russia and Georgia qualify
Slovakia also get a free pass

I'm not sure what it would take for England to ever get good at tournaments again. Maybe more niggers from the colonies like France did. Hope i'll see it in my lifetime though. Good luck!

Keep that format, ban Portugal

They still won though. Would we give the spot to just Russia, or all of the countries that were in the Union?
>That includes Armenia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, ect.

>or all of the countries that were in the Union?
see Only places that contributed to players for the final get in

>I'm not sure what it would take for England to ever get good at tournaments again.

We need to actually develop players. Our system trains natural ability and flair out of them. Assembly line players.

Honestly they should just go up to 32 teams.

The UEFA will not go back to 16 teams because they like money and the president needs the votes of the smaller countries for his election so he won't piss them off by going back to 16.

At least with 32 teams the "third placed teams can advance" bullshit will end, knockout round will stay the same as it was now.

If we had 32 teams in Euro 2016 the 8 more teams would have been Netherlands, Bosnia, Scotland, Serbia, Slovenia, Norway, Denmark, Finland.

You need to stop praising pace babies, players with actual skills (Lineker, Gazza) wouldn't get into the current squad because they only focus on hoofball.

I'm ok with it, and Greece and Belarus have decent teams too

Should increase to 32 desu. It would look a lot like WC and that third place bullshit would end.

Greece finished behind Faroe Islands in qualifying, kek

32 TEAMS NOW

>beaten twice by the faroes

>stop praising pace babies

Bale is literally the best plaer in your shitty league

Shiiit

But then England wouldn't have a chance to be hilariously eliminated by meme countries.

this, it wasn't about the quality of the team but the format. i'd gladly watch greece/kazakhstan if both really want to win

Yeah but we won't. The criticism never goes deep enough. The England national team will never be good in our lifetimes.

we are a meme country

That's a good point, but flukes happen all the time in football. For example, Portugal won the cup this year.

If there were 32 this year, the qualified teams could just as easily be Estonia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, and the Jews.

Literally no different from Albania and Northern Ireland.

>leafs first euro
all euros from 2000 onward have been trash, no of teams means jack shit. this year was at least slightly better because some teams(namely iceland and hungary) brought some fresh enthusiasm.

thats because bale is much more than a pace baby nignog

kek

They could invite teams from other continents like the Copa America does to fill extra spots.
Get the Americans and Chinese for extra broadcasting money.

The system still prioritises results at age-group level, so kids that grow up big, fast and early will always flourish over genuinely talented kids that would have become better senior professionals.

Half this England side peaked at 21. Be 6'2 at 16 and get a shirt for life.

All u18s football in England should be 7-a-side and no contact, to remove as much of the physical component from the game as possible and promote the development of technical skills.

i don't care about the number of teams, it's the format that needs to be rethinked. 38 games played in group stage to eliminate only 8 teams is stupid. also i think it's unfair that the only 1st placed teams in groups A B C & D got to play aginst the 3d placed ones. it would have made more sense if they had a draw beforehand to decide the pairings.

4 groups of 6

2nd in Group A play 3rd in Group B
3rd in Group A play 2nd in Group B
2nd in Group C play 3rd in Group D
3rd in Group C play 2nd in Group C

Winners of those 4 matches join the top 4 teams in the QFs

If you're doing groups of six you might as well just have a QF with the top 2 teams.
The others had their chance.

UEFA won't want to lower the number of games though

>you

>6 teams
>only the first team advances directly to QF

the other mode is too easy, this one is too hard

just face it, you can't have a good mode with 24 teams

You get 60 group matches alone.
I don't think any team would want to play 5 group and 4 knockout matches within a month's time.

In the end Portugal were the only third placed team to win, lot of complaints about the lack of rest time since most only had 2-3 days before the next game.

nope they wont go back and gonna do the same for world cup
theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/03/world-cup-expand-40-teams-fifa-reform

absolutely, the only way to consistently produce quality worthless pace niggers is by letting them run at will