What parts of Mexico are relatively safe?

What parts of Mexico are relatively safe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELKHU0OthNY
wikitravel.org/en/Orizaba
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_peso_crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

none

Los Angeles

What are the best places/cities to visit in Mexico? Do Mexicans like Argentine tourists? By the way, I'm not from Buenos Aires, I live in another province

when did Guanajuato become unsafe. It was one of the untouched states by the cartels.

Narcos from Michoacán moved to southern Guanajuato

>DF
Shit, I blame Edo Mex for this

>peace index meme
Heavy military/police presence, even without a fight, counts as not peaceful. There are a ton of bullshit factors in this map, and it is often misleading. Unless you think that Honduras is safer than Mexico or Russia, of course.

Peace index =//= Crime index, Murder index or anything like that for that matter.

Are there cute girl narcos? Do they date American men?

Cabo San Lucas

>What are the best places/cities to visit in Mexico?

- Yucatán Peninsula in general (pretty safe, tons of Pyramids and things like that, caribbean sea, good night life, some jungle if you like that, cenotes, etc.)
- Mexico City (the historic centre of New Spain has some really neat architecture, Tenochtitlan used to be in there so there are some rins as well, Xochimilco canals, some small towns that were swallowed into the city such as Coyoacán, great night life, hipster and upper middle class neighbourhoods, and even some forests here and there, etc.)
- Los Cabos, in Baja California Sur, (pretty neat beaches, great night life, cool desert nearby, the sea of cortés is also pretty neat and has some amazing wild life, etc.)
- Guanajuato, (The City of Guanajuato and the City of San Miguel de Allende are the most beautiful towns in Mexico if you are into that)
- Oaxaca, (Amazing beaches for surfing, great archaeological sites from people other than Aztecs or Mayans, the city of Oaxaca is pretty neat, amazing food, cool scenery, etc)
- Chiapas, (More pyramids, more jungle, more great small towns, some incredible nature reserves and scenery, etc.)
- Huasteca Potosina, in San Luis Potosí, (Some of the best natural places in Mexico with some amazing rivers and waterfalls).
- Jalisco (Mariachis, Tequila, Guadalajara, great night life, great grills, etc.).
- Small towns all across the country called "Pueblos Mágicos", which are known for both their nice architecture, comfy af way of life and either art, cultural practices that are cool to witness or historical importance of some sort)

If Michoacán wasn't so unsafe right now, I would include it, since it is pretty awesome and it has some of the best Architecture and Cities in the entire country,+ the Monarch Butterfly reserve which is pretty neat).
Also Barrancas del Cobre in Chihuahua, the Chepe train travels across the Barrancas del Cobre and it is amazing, though, Chihuahua is also pretty unsafe so...

Also, to add to this, people treat Tourists, from any place, pretty great. People don't hate Argentinians or anything, in fact, other Latin Americans are especially welcome.

I didn't expect such complete answer. Thanks user

:D

Chiapas is the safest concerning murder rate but there's a big presence of commies deep down in the jungle and they may ask you for some money if they stop you, 2/3rd of the population lives in rural zones so there's a huge influence of indigenous tribes where no one speaks Spanish. Is a nice place if you like untouched wilderness, culture and want to learn about the unknown part of Mexico, i could even point out that Chiapas is in its own a country itself very different from Mexico due to a great influence of Mayan/Guatemalan and isolationism from the rest of the country.
I would also recommend you Baja California Sur, Quintana roo and Yucatan. Even if you want to rent a car and go wild on your own you'll be safe in any of the states I mentioned before, can't say the same thing about the rest though. Oaxaca is also worth a shot, but just be careful.

>What parts of Mexico are relatively safe?
the territorial waters maybe

Not all states are 100% dangerous or 100% safe, there are some really dangerous places and some incredibly safe places in every single one of them. And all the narco stuff people are really scared about, and the Drug War, are really hard to come by, unless you are looking for trouble or very stupid (i.e. you want to buy drugs from drug dealers, you go alone to places locals tell you not to go).

Having said that, the safest states in the country are:
- The Yucatán Peninsula (Yucatán, Quintana Roo and Campeche).
- Baja California Sur, where Los Cabos are located (Not to be confused with Baja California to the North of it, where Tijuana is located, which is really dangerous).
- Half of the centre states of the country (Mexico City, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Tlaxcala).

The most dangerous places are:
- Tamaulipas (Zeta land)
- Michoacán (La Familia Michoacana/Templars Knights land)
- Guerrero (Home to the most dangerous city in the country, which is sad because Acapulco used to be on of the best places for tourism in the entire country).
- Sinaloa (El Chapo land)
- Chihuahua
- Veracruz (If you are a journalist)
- Northern Border towns in general

All the other states are in between. But like I said, there are some really dangerous places and some incredibly safe places in every single one of them.

No probs lad.

Anyway, here is some autistic project I've been working on. Though, it is far from being finished.

And that's how far my autism goes, tho, I still have tons of other pics from every other state, I just haven't started with them, and despite that I am still missing more than half of the pics needed (at least 416 unique places) for all of the 32 states.

can I suggest Orizaba to your autism?

youtube.com/watch?v=ELKHU0OthNY

wikitravel.org/en/Orizaba

Nice, thanks mate.

Mérida porfi papu xx

I already have a lot of pics from Yucatán, in fact is the next state I was planning to do.

Is there any significant Jewish population in Mexico? Where do they live? I've met a Jewish guy from there before, pretty cool dude.

Nah, they are only 40,000 proper jews in Mexico, but they are all concentrated in one neighborhood in Mexico City, "Polanco", so they are really noticeable there, and a lot of them own business, so even if they aren't that many, they controll the lives and jobs of a lof of people.
There are, of course, other type of "Jews" in Mexico, that probably don't even know that they have jewish ancestry and think of it as Spaniard instead, the so-called "Crypto-Jews": Jews tha converted to catholicism centuries ago in order to not be killed/marginalized in the Iberian peninsula, or Jews that fled to the Colonies hiding and later converted.

Jesus fucking christ, you'd think there's Mexican tourism shills lurking on Sup Forums just by looking at this thread. No reason to oversell the country, it's got a "shithole" reputation for a reason.

kek, people always tell me "boo hoo, you self-hater cunt, how dare you criticize the Drug War, how dare you criticize corruption and murder rate, how dare you to criticize the government" whenever I am not posting the pics.
As if you couldn't do both loving your country and criticizing it when needed. No way to pleasing you, if you are a critic: bad, if you show the nice parts of it: bad, if you do both: bad. So I am going to keep doing whatever I want :D

bump

>vergacruz
Teotihuacan is there right? How cool is it compared to Mayan's? Since I live in the south, these ruins are the only ones I've been to.

I'm from Monterrey and if you come here as a student you're most likely to be invited to study in ITESM or UDEM, it's alright and relatively safe if you know where to go but there isn't much to do since it's an industrial city. The night clubs are pretty good and girls in here are hot though.

Guanajuato is still relatively safe. Robberies start to increase in the town I'm from, but no narco violence. I'm surprised Tamaulipas is considered more peaceful, did things clear up in that state?

>Tamaulipas
>did things clear up in that state?
No, peace index is a meme index. It considers El Salvador to be more peaceful than Mexico, which maybe it is, but that doesn't mean that it is safer or that less crime is being committed, just that it has less military presence.

They're mostly answering OP's question dumbfuck, there's no overselling. You're crazy if you think the entire country is living in crime and fear. The reason it has a shitty reputation is because it's had shitty recent years, and that's all the world has heard from it. No one cares to report about the good news in countries on an international level.

Well, not him but right now it's on a pretty bad moment, with closed highways and riots everywhere.

Government fucked it up, as usual. Peso is performing worse than ever after the Ford news, and since Trump really seems to hate our guts, future seems bleak. Violence got worse in 2016 after 4 years of decline, and with this news it might come back to 2011 levels of shit.

They fucked up worse than usual actually, hoping they get wind of it and do something by tomorrow.

I don't know lad, historically speaking, they have fucked it up pretty fucking bad every few years.

The parts that the USA occupies (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming).

I said worse rhan usual, not a record breaking fuck up.
And I wish someone got enough balls to say we take it back.
Admitting a mistake is so hard...

But if it happens every few years is just as usual.
>Drug War
>December Mistake
>the terms in which NAFTA was signed
>the ""fall of the system""
>"i am going to defend the peso like a dog"
>october 68
And I could go on until I reach Ferdinand VII and Iturbide.

>Trump really seems to hate our guts

I don't think he does. Just puts his country's interests above any other country's interests. I think we all want our leaders to do the same.

RARE

Well, yes Mexico has been agonizing for almost 200 years.
But it's rare for them to fuck it up so hard people actually take the streets, when those pseudo terrorist from a god forsaken town in guerrero were killed for doing stupid shit it was bad, but only some minor actions and road clossing were taken.
This time it's a bit more serious.

>Just puts his country's interests above any other country's interests
What are you even talking about? Honestly.

It was pretty serious all those other times as well. When they rigged the elections of 1988 tension was even more palpable, possibly the closest time we were in starting another Civil War, and 1994 with EZLN was no joke either, even more than right now.
People didn't chimp out as much with Ayotzinapa because, while sad news, it didn't directly affect millions of people. Gasolinazo is.

He is acting like what an American elected leader should act like: America first.

Your country's leader does the same. As he should, because if EPN put any other country's interests above Mexico, you guys would not tolerate that.

I myself, I expect my leaders to look out for my homeland FIRST.

Do you really not understand the concept of what a country's government should do?

He is not doing anything.

Who is "he"?

Who are we talking about?

I was explaining how a politician is supposed to act. It involved Trump, EPN, and my unnamed leaders.

That's why I said, who are WE talking about.

Exactly my point, it's not the worst fuck up on history, but its the worse one of this president.

i've never seen an argentinian tourist in mexico
i heard some in spain when visiting there
go to cancun, stay to the tourist zones, don't try to impress people eating peppers you have never eaten before

My uncle and his family went to Playa del Carmen and Cancún two times, some years ago. They gave me as presents four T-shirts: 2 with the inscription "Cancún. México", one with "One tequila. two tequilas. three tequilas. FLOOR. Playa del Carmen - México " and one that I don't remember what it said. Besides they gave as (my family and I) two tequilas.
I'd like to visit México one day. looks amazing.
I'm tired so I will go to bed. Nos vemos user! Saludos

CHI

You're desperate for recgnition. Why else eould you cherrypick all of the pics? Right now the country is in such shambles that not even those places are safe, or will be in the near future. Your posting, quite honestly, reeks of desperation and craving for acceptance. I don't give a shit about criticizing the government or praising what good we have, because we do. It's just retarded to assume that all you're posting is the "true Mexico" . It looks like you have something to hide, which:
.You do
.It's not even a secret. Everyone in the international sphere knows our currency is down the shitter, our government is transparently corrupt and that we have the most bloodthirsty bastards executing and skinning people with impunity, giving ISIS a run for their money.

>:D
kys tumblr tranny subhuman.

Monterrey, Guadalajara, Aguascalientes y Los Altos de Jalisco? These are the 4 places I really want to visit. What is your opinion on these?

t. Texas

>Not all states are 100% dangerous or 100% safe, there are some really dangerous places and some incredibly safe places in every single one of them

What a pathetically lame non-response.

Also, I would like to note that the data on Mexican homicide are unreliable. When the state of Oaxaca can go from being extremely violent to "safe" in a year, you know something fishy is going on with the data.

Great post. Gracias.

> Right now the country is in such shambles that not even those places are safe,
in what kind of fucking reality are you living on right now? my state has been the same throughout all the 23 years of my life, even if we go "December's mistake" level of shit, my life wouldn't changed that much beside having to tight up expenditures and cancel some credit cards, not civil war and anarchist chaos.

You can add Baseaseachi, Paquimé and maybe Cuarenta Casas.

Unless you go looking for trouble (buying drugs, going to bad neighborhoods for weird first world reasons, etc) you'll be safe pretty much everywhere, few cities exceptions (like Cd. Juarez)

yucatan

join us in /brit/ lad

Proxy?

does mexico have beaches as good as south devon?

ofc, they r like 3k

The amount of butthurt and straw mans in this post is really nice.

>It's just retarded to assume that all you're posting is the "true Mexico"

I never said that. I know exactly that I am cherrypicking not only the places but the pictures of the places.

>It looks like you have something to hide

Except that I always talk shit about the violence that happens here, I always talk about our history (including just how bad everyone could be; Aztecs, Spaniards and Mestizos alike) and even the history of the cartels and what they have done, sometimes I even share personal stories of just how bad things can get, or how I personally see that our future is down the drain, now that not only is our government making stupid decitions, like they always have done, but we also now have literal enemy in charge of our biggest trading partner. You are making a lot of assumptions there, buddy.

You already said it, those things are not a secret and pretty much everyone in the entire board alreay know about them. American news and media have made a great job at showing them. But the thing is, most of them don't know anything of what I posted, a lot of them have a pretty fucking ridiculous idea of what Mexico is in comparion with the rest of the world, and even you with what I can see.

All in all, there is a reason why this country is one of the most visited places in the entire planet, despite all the fucking shit that we have to deal with, and if you are triggered by my posts, just like a fucking tumblirina little girl, not only it is your problem, but also, keep crying lad. It is not my problem that I am more informed than you, not only about our country in general, but about the world :DDDD

interesting...

The parts that do not exist.

What is december's mistake

a sudden devaluation of the peso by the president Ernesto Zedillo that caused a severe economic crisis in the mid-90s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_peso_crisis

time to post the meme maps

This.

Ciudad Juarez

says the Panamanian.

Hello...

HOW DARE OF YOU SPEAK NICE THINGS OF MEXICO YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING MEXICO IS THE SHITTIEST COUNTRY ON EARTH EVERYBODY IS BROWN LOW IQ MISERABLE POOR INDIAN THAT SACRIFICES SUBHUMANS AND FUCK HIV WHORES STINKING OF PISS AND SHIT MEXICO IS SHIT 40K MX MURDER BEST DAY OF MY LIFE SHIT SHIT PISS FECES FUCK YOU I AM MEXICAN AND WISH I WAS ANYTHING BUT IT JUST KILL ME WITH YOUR SUPERIOR LIGHT SKIN BLONDE UBERMENSCH 300 IQ BIG WHITE DICK PLS COLONIZE USA

you are that one sinaloense user whose wife left him arent you?

Fuck off, hombre. Do you live in some poor little town ruled by the narcos and you're the only indio with a computer?
Because for the vast majority, Mexico is an OK place to live right now. We're going through some hard moments, but we've had it worse before and we've been able to overcome such adversities. We had crisis worse than this one in the 1970's, the 80's and the 90's, and life continued. This is nothing yet, compared to the one big fuck up made during López Portillo's term that caused the peso to hyperinflate. The dollar's cost was more than 120 pesos.
Millenials just feel entitled to have everything in the world and when they start taking their shit away, they throw hissy fits like you. "Mexico is shit! Don't come here!"

Thanks for your maps. I thought the whole north of Mexico was a no go? What about the capital?

Great post, thanks for the effort user.

The only really bad states in Northern Mexico are Sinaloa, Tamapulipas and Chihuahua. Nuevo León used to be pretty dangerous some 5 or 6 years ago, but things got much better. Right now, the only big dangers are the potholes on the roads and streets.
Monterrey is a great city, otherwise. Lots of malls and skyscrapers. Cum visit plz.