R
Y O U R S E L F

you are a huge faggot

me likey

the first listen for me was 10/10

then after 3-4 re listens it became bland
Still good during summer time

yeah, sounds like it looks too

It was ok. Ended up on my saved list on a casual listening spree so I would recommend it.

LISTEN AND FIND OUT YOU FAGGOT, ANYBODY WHO MAKES THREADS LIKE THIS ARE LITERALLY REVEALING THAT THEIR MUSICAL TASTE IS DETERMINED BY MU

>LISTEN AND FIND OUT YOU FAGGOT, ANYBODY WHO MAKES THREADS LIKE THIS ARE LITERALLY REVEALING THAT THEIR MUSICAL TASTE IS DETERMINED BY MU

who gives a shit

it's anonymous

you're poop

and you have no personality and only listen to music to appear interesting

i think its a really fun album. it swells really beautifully over the course of the two halfs with the opener being this huge awesome cavernous song then compressing and growing more almost manufactured sounding? like very poppy i guess? before getting to the middle where it opens up again. repeats the process again as you get to the end.

besides that all of the songwriting is what you'd expect from the early 2010 shoegaze revivalists, plus very slick production and a lot of psychedelics. sounds exactly like the album cover.

It is, but why would you want to know what to think of it before you hear it? That's pretty pathetic. Whether you enjoy it or not is unrelated to its quality and even less related to any enjoyment anyone else experience through it.

it sounds better the louder you play it

this album is one of my fav shoegaze/dreampop albums

>and you have no personality and only listen to music to appear interesting

joke's on you, I flushed my life down the toilet for music because it was the only interesting thing and reduced my personality to a negative number

Different user here
Do you understand what a personality even is? It's your identity within a culture and so you just admitted to adopting music as your personality.

Also, culture as a whole is just humanity's convoluted mating ritual gone out of control so you've also failed as a human by being consumed by your own lie of having a 'self'.

A person this oblivious to the workings of the world would never be able to properly understand the ideas behind a created work and therefore, and ultimately, even in your self-sacrifice in order to exist as a person understood as understanding music you're a failure.

Poor showing on all fronts. Stop talking about yourself now, thanks. This is a board for music discussion and a thread about an album, not the autobiography of the obliviously hypocritical hermit/virgin who sequestered himself into a social construct to escape society.

It's like Beach House, but with an indie rock vibe and some Lonerism type tones. They show off a wider variety of sounds than Beach House, but their songwriting isn't as good.

OP here.

Wow, I didn't think people were going to bitch so hard on this. I really like to hear opinions from different people so when I hear something I can relate my own feeling to theirs.
If you dislike sharing opinions like this, then why are you even on this page?

'good' isn't an opinion and you made a thread about something you've never heard asking how 'good' it is.
When you present something to an audience you do so expecting feedback. Complaining about feedback is an excellent sign that you're a bell-end. Go fuck yourself; no one cares if you like anything. If you want to circlejerk then go to reddit, m8.

saying something is good isn't an opinion, but explain why you think so yes. Go fuck yourself faggot, I bet you suck on music reviewers dick everyday.

I actually just listened to this for the first time awhile ago.

It's very hazy. Makes you feel like you're in a dream state. Kinda strange, but overall, I enjoyed it

>saying something is good isn't an opinion, but explain why you think so yes
Nice English mate.
An opinion is "I like this" or other such personal things. Something being good is academic, criticism is academic - it's not personal or anecdotal.

I don't acknowledge music journalism at all either. Don't know why you're sperging out.
>waaaah I want people to pat me on the back for listening to a kewl album and they didn't waaah
>waaaaaaaah, you responded to me and I'm a defensive idiot who can't handle a comment without trying to insult people
Thanks for validating my previous point.

The album is good, it's nothing exemplary or anything, but it's good. Not much to discuss really, it's a summery, cosy shoegaze album.

>and ultimately, even in your self-sacrifice in order to exist as a person understood as understanding music you're a failure.

joke's still on you, I have a profound understanding of music, having dedicated my life to creating it. I have spent at least 100,000 hours mastering several instruments and producing multiple albums. I have made approximately a million dollars at music so far in my life, appeared in every major music press, including several times in the billboard 100 and 200 charts, multiple high ranking albums at pitchfork, hundreds of millions of spins at spotify, etc. etc. etc.

I agree with you about culture as a mating ritual.

There's nothing wrong with Sup Forumscore, it's a shorthand education in the culture of this board. It's also a way of filtering the music world. protip- more music is now made in a day than a person can listen to in a day, and therefore filters are extremely important.

I believe you

>I believe you

here's my last royalty check

I was being serious, but now that I can see your deformed finger and you bad print out that you personally cropped I no longer believe you.

>spent at least 100,000 hours

Assuming you worked on music for 8 hours a day, it'd take you 35 years to reach 100,000 hours. Is a 50 year old dude actually arguing with people on Sup Forums?

Download link for this?

they are pretty experimental when it comes to production. Some people hate the compression but to me it makes it sound hazy and makes the bass really stand out and I love it personally.

>worked on music for 8 hours a day

about 10 years at 12-16 hours a day, and yes I'm over 30

That's pretty cool. I work hard.. I wish I had more knowledge about recording

Also. to the guy who says its impossible, yeah 100k hours is probably unrealistic, but I've managed probably 5000 hours in about 4-5 years

this is hard to believe

hard to believe but not unbelievable

>this is hard to believe

cool. oh well.

I'm not going to further break it down because it'd potentially risk my anonymity, but I probably put about 10,000 in before being an adult, 50,000 in my early career sucking, and the rest as a "successful" musician.

12 hour days for studying, serious musicians isn't unheard of.

I didn't really like it personally.

how many instruments did you learn and albums did you release as a result of the 100,000 hours?

>how many instruments did you learn

4 main ones excluding the computer

>albums did you release as a result of the 100,000 hours?

about 5 literally nobody heard
was part of about 5 other recorded projects
on about 3 compilations
5 that have achieved various levels of success

just listened to this album for the first time recently and really dig it. Any recs of similar albums? (production-wise, not nescessarily the tone of the album)
>pic related

It's one of those albums where you enjoy it on a level higher than you know it is quality wise. So it's a flawless pop record.