Post a better scifi movie to come out in the last 10 years

post a better scifi movie to come out in the last 10 years

protip:you can't

Say my name

Literally anything. This is the most mediocre sci fi you can get. The only thing that is somewhat intriguing is the idea

I'm not saying Coherence is bad, but it ain't anything special. Good idea with a not so good execution. No creative use of the house, if you have only one set then you make use of it. Disposable characters. Bad camerawork (that shaky cam and all the outside night footage is atrocious, literally couldn't tell what the hell should I look at). Exposition heavy dialogue. Shoved side love story etc

You don't need a big budget to make those elements good. But because of the ebig twistzz most people think it is out of this world.
6/10

The whole movie was improvised without a script in a week. So it's pretty impressive considering what they had to work with.

>Good idea with a not so good execution.

the exact opposite. the idea was a filler tier x-files episode but the execution of was God tier.

This doesn't make the movie better, it's the same as the argument that Boyhood took 12 years to make so you should appreciate it more.

You don't listen to a mediocre song and someone tells you the song was made out of pots and pans in half and hour and you suddenly think it is the best song in the last 10 years. Yes it is a fun fact and I admire the effort, but the song is still what it is.

I tried watching this last night and couldn't make it more than 20 minutes in, I just couldn't handle the awkward dinner party setup where all the characters make small talk.

>When autism gets in the way of a decent movie
Sorry user.

I admit it. I'll probably give it another shot some other time when I'm more in the mood.

does it come before argo or after fargo?

I agree with that but I pushed past it and it was worth it. Not a great movie imo but enjoyable for a sci fi fan. You should give it another shot.

Ex Machina and Edge of Tomorrow.

2bh.

Before Fargo but after Argo

Here you go.

Ex machine is pretty meh outside of its goat scene, not bad just overrated.

Edge of tomorrow was amazingly underrated and the fact that a shitty marketing campaign deprived us of sequels is sorta sad.

>McQuarrie told Collider that Cruise had an idea for a sequel, and that the concept is "locked and loaded".[112] In April 2016 Doug Liman had signed on to direct the sequel, while screenwriters of Race, Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse will write the script for the film.[113]

Not sure how I feel about this honestly but we'll see.

Underrated? It has 90% on Rotton Tomatoes and made over $370 million at the box office. The residuals from TV, DVD/Bluray, online streaming media platforms means that's only going to go up.

Relax.

>pretty meh
>overrated
>underrated
>goat scene

I agree, it's a great movie.
Sarah Snook was amazing in it.

I had no idea what it was about and had no expectations, and it was pretty great. The only thing I don't buy about the plot is that she was supposed to be unattractive. She was a cute. CUTE.

>it's an easily impressionable OP episode