How will Death Grips be regarded in 10 years?

How will Death Grips be regarded in 10 years?

As embarrassing as OFWGKTA were

who?

memes

those guys told me to go back to Sup Forums

Honestly, I think they'll be even more positively assessed in the context of history.

In the next couple of years we're going to see a crop of acts come up that draw very direct influence from Death Grips. In ten years, our perception will be colored by the success or failure of those acts.

Are there any relatively popular acts already in existence right now that are directly Death Grips inspired?

of Montreal

Literally only David Bowie

idiots like to bring up clipping. and other experimental groups that don't sound like DG or even Kanye (lmao)

Clipping cites them as an influence but I don't hear it that much.

Kanye ripped off dg

like clockwork

B L A C K I E

typical DG thread

Fantastic Beasts soundtrack

For real?

Ya look it up

yea

I don't think so.

They've been around for 6 years, why hasn't their influence showed itself more prominently by now?

nah, that's not likely. Even OFWGKTA think OFWGKTA is embarrassing

Source?

The fuck are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure he was around before DG and his music is shit anyway. DG's music at least has substance, B L A C K I E just screams his brains out like an idiot over really lame "noisy" instrumentals.
??? Clipping gets defensive and butthurt whenever someone mentions DG around them.

Same as they are now: shit music for pretentious morons who like their music for the sake of fitting into a certain aesthetic.

I think DG is so unique because they combine elements of sound no one before them had conceived of, due predominately to all three members having their own diverse preferences in music. DG is really nothing more than an intensified amalgam of Beastie Boys, Black Flag, and Fugazi (not just because they sampled the former two), yet somehow they sound refreshing.

I feel that even if someone is adamantly against the band they have to commend them for their style. They wear their influences on their sleeves and it shows unlike most artists these days.

The dichotomy of these posts lol

I think they will be regarded similarly as Crystal Castles, where other newer groups try to rip their sound and style off like Crim3s or Salem, but otherwise DG will definitely be regarded in a positive way as something really original and unique and innovative.

Music is and always has been entirely an aesthetic experience.

They won't.

They will be held in the same regard as the beach boys.

the first rap band for gay white people

Truth. I was a gay white person and DG was my go to.

Now I'm less gay, about the same amount of white and I can't stand DG because they have no lasting appeal.