What is it like to not be mentally ill? To have friends, to love, laugh and live...

What is it like to not be mentally ill? To have friends, to love, laugh and live? Instagram reminds me of how little i live. There are so many people. So many things to do.

I have depression and anxiety. No friends. No social life. I go to work gym and home.

Whats it like to not be the son of a schizophrenic?

Fuck off special snowflake

I am with you OP. I know mental illnesses are something hard to deal with, but you are strong. Everyone is. Fight, always keep fighting, if you want a normal life, then you can get it. OP, you are our Sup Forumsrother, and we'll always care about you. Don't give up.

/thread

fuck off faggots
op read this

how about you don't think you have mental illness and just live normally doing things that are fun for you and not harmful to others. Hmm?

this isnt tumblr
fucking an hero op u pussy

hi im 21 and i got 1 friend. i almost never see him anymore, have been alchoholic for 3 years, depression and anxiety as well. I dont have a job atm. Last year i spended both my 20th birthday and christmas alone drinking.

I hope i will change soon cuz this sucks ass

I'm 29 years old. I'm depressed and anxious. I'm just not like other people.

> Be me
> Be 21
> Have 18 year old asian gf
> Been dating since she was early 15's
> Suffer chronic depression an anxiety
> Still have qt asian girl, but no friends
> Still hate my life
> 5.7" penis, but doesn't matter, because asian gf
> Start taking anti-depressants this year (100mg sertraline a day)
> Become a happy chappy
> Start working out
> Becoming hyper fit
> Gaining self confidence
> Opening up to people now, and developing a social life ever since the release of Pokemon GO

Feels good to be a normy now.

I recovered. There were days, years ago, when I did nothing but waking up, self harming and going back to sleep. Over and over, again and again. But I made it through. My life still sucks, I have no friends, my girlfriend's 600 miles away, but she keeps me alive. I'd be dead, if it wasn't for her. Fight, OP, fight.

I got a theori that most introverted sensitive persons ends up like this.
I'm introverted and used to be highly sensitive, but now i learned to control my feelings and thoughts alot better. I also learned that when u are introverted its easy to get anxous and depressed if theres too much pressure in eveyday life. You also need time alone to get energy for the social times. Being alone is healthy for us introverte people, but there needs to be a ballance in this.

I thought about going to the local bar last night. But i ended up sleeping ten hours.

No point in going out. I look depressed sad and ugly so no one would talk to me.

Oreh na

Dude, I am fucking ugly too, and I suffer from BDD, but my girlfriend likes me, somehow. It's all about tastes. What you think sucks, may be very attractive to other people's eyes. Go, don't worry, make the first step. I know it's almost impossible because of your diseases, but, as user said, you have to fight.

I'm 26, schizoaffective psychosis since I was 14 or 15.

Basically my life is a coin flip in the morning nowadays. I wake up and if I start hallucinating, it's gonna be a rough day.

Still went drinking with my mates yesterday though. I've got a lot of friends, they're the only thing that keep me going. Otherwise would definitely an hero. Well, music keeps me going too. At least I can do something with my worthless life.

I guess I'm trying to just smile whenever I can to make life a little less miserable.

People on instagram are depressed too because no human is every satisfied with what they have. You're depressed more because you haven't figured that out yet.

You have a gift, OP.

Imagine being a blissfully ignorant and easily pleased normie. Sounds like torture to me.

Your relatively unique mental state allows you to view the world through a lens untainted by common distractions.You can draw conclusions that no 'normal' person ever would, or could.

You are free, OP. Maybe not free of your biological urge to mate and procreate, but that can be ignored or sated easily.

You are free of tribalism. The disease of the mind that most (95%) of humans are afflicted with. The next step is to shed your anxiety, and the key to that is realizing that nothing really matters, and nobody's opinion of you is worth shit.

Live for yourself, become what you want. You can, because you are not part of the tribe.

that's not a gift, i'd fuckin pay to be an ignorant idiot.
not op though

>Maybe not free of your biological urge to mate and procreate, but that can be ignored or sated easily.
I mastuebate and had a vasectomy jist in case

That's just bogus. Being depressed doesn't mean you're intelligent. It just means that you can't handle things. And in today's world, it's no wonder. Most people are depressed, but they keep trying.

Being depressed means being able to give things their right importance. Idiots just live like nothing matters, intelligent people live caring about anything.
Depression = intelligence.

Hey um not to be rude but any more pics op?

are you serious right now?

My mom is schizo but old snd harmless now. Growing up was hell. Being in the gym and running were very helpful as I got older and started out the pieces of my childhood.

Get some therapy.

The anxiety and depression will level out as your endocrine system mellows in your late 20's.

Realize parents are flawed like the rest of us and are just trying to do their best with the shitty genes THEY were given.

I made it. 41. Healthcare field. $70k. You'll make it too.

>Instagram reminds me of how little i live.

dude, instagram is fucking lies

In the end, we're all a bunch of stupid apes trying to figure shit out. Being the most intelligent kind of animal doesn't really mean that intelligence comes granted.

I think I say clever shit, you think you say clever shit. But that's a matter of narcissism.

It's called empathy. Some feel it more. Still doesn't make a depressed person intelligent.

Let's take an example of my own father. He is depressed and alone, because he's a drunk asshole who can't comprehend his own mistakes. He's a complete moron.

This. My cousin makes 65,000 a year and still has bouts of depression here and there. It just happens.

I'm not mentally ill but I don't enjoy the life people post on instagram.

it feels great pal :)

It is true, that intelligent people tend to get more depressed than stupid people. But saying that depression is a symptom of intelligence is just fucking stupid. Everyone can feel depression.

Your problem is your mind. Most people never develop enough awareness to realise their mind is the thing that makes them unhappy. Those who suffer deeply are forced to go on a journey of self discovery. I recommend you read a book called 'The Power Of Now' which teaches you the way out of mind-made suffering. You're lucky, the ignorant masses will continue to be ignorant, their suffering never acute enough to motivate them to learn about themselves and grow beyond their ego.

no, leave the new age bullshit aside and just buy a book on MBCT

I have every reason to be depressed, but Im not.
Grow a pair op

That type of literature has existed for ages. Originates from far east and India. It's not new age bullshit, mystics have performed this sort of self awareness for hundreds of years.

I have schizophrenia, the best part for me is that i m always in good company

fag there are no reasons to be depressed, people just are. don't confuse depression with life problems and sadness and shit

You sound exactly like me, but I don't have a problem with my situation. Should I get checked?

You are most likely apathetic and cynical. Talking to a psychiatrist may help you with that, since both of these emotions, or rather anti-emotions, are merely your mind trying to protect you. Once you stop being depressed about them, they're most likely to disappear.

Idiot, that is exactly how the founders of social networking sites want you to feel.

You have to realize that it is all about selling consumers a negative self-image so that they will buy all those products and services that producers create. For example: a negative self-image about your body, so that you will buy sports drinks, shoes, clothes, fitness subscription. Why do you think Facebook has a LIKE button? So that they can track what is popular, so they can sell that to people and make it more popular, and cause anybody who is not jumping on the bandwagon to feel bad about him/herself.

Never forget that you are a human being who is in possession of intrinsic dignity that nobody can take away. Embrace your own light.

Wake up, Neo.

>Associating "reasons" with mental illness.

I have a job, own two cars, own my own home, in good physical health. Have nice tv, video games, funiture, have an awesome dog, fairly young college graduate.

I spent the weekend sleeping and having suicidal fantasy

I can relate a whole lot with that. I too have halicunations, psychosis and depression and also try to find an outlet in music and other people. Absolutely terrible.

And yet here we are bitching about it!
Its called burying it

i got sad earlier because i accidentally kicked over my redbull

I was fucked up for a long time, after I lost my brother to cancer and several friends in Afghanistan, all within a few months of each other. All i did was drink and play vidya. Cut off all communication with friends and family and was really close to ending it all. Then i made myself see professional help who prescibed anti depressants. The pills helped a lot, but getting a dog helped more than anything. I think having something that depends on you helps you to not focus on your own problems. Hope this helps man. Good luck.

One night I woke up to this eerie feeling. Beside my bed stood the corpse of my own mother, completely motionless. Then she started to scream like a banshee, her rotten face tearing apart. She ripped her own heart out and stood there screaming for half an hour.

The worst times I enter this place of mind where everything is changed and warped. It's like an LSD trip that seems to go on forever. A dreamlike stasis. Sometimes I might get murdered, raped or tortured during these. Sometimes I'm forced to watch others get mutilated. Sometimes it's just a literal hell around me.

Smiling is hard sometimes.

I wish I knew.

It sure is. I once woke up to go to the bathroom and see a bleedig corpse laying in the tub melting and screeming in m face. I don't even know how long it lasted felt like an eternity. Horrible

Does it ever piss you off greatly, when people start complaining about the most meaningless things? Like my friend was fucking pissed off for not getting a certain ingredient in his pizza he ordered. Something I would just go "Oh well" on.

And my other friend keeps on insisting that "all pain is equal". She's not the one getting her leg sawed off by some sort of Lovecraftian monster. Like seriously, how do you even put that on the same line with a freaking depression. Makes me want to slap her face and tell her to wake the fuck up.

i have no idea, but here is a picture of a cute jewess

I'm like this too. I can't even remember what it's like to have friends anymore. All my friends stopped talking to me when I was 16, so I started doing drugs and now eight years later I don't even possess the ability to make friends. Everyone thinks I am a creepy weirdo, really, who could blame them?

So you grew out of your edgemaster phase and now call it "depression and anxiety" while you are just a normalfag with a gf and now high on pills

no one here would know.

Nothing is going to happen if you don't grow some balls and start somewhere: getting a job, stop drinking...
It's not that hard.

Couldn't tell you

If you're serious about not feeling shitty, do this:

>pause all vitamins and medicines unless critical.
>drink only water and green tea. a lot of the water, green tea 2-3 cups a day.
>consume no direct sugar whatsoever.
>eat more vegetables and whole foods, non-processed.
>don't juice fruit, eat them. something like nutribullet is ok as it keeps fiber.
get enough sleep, and quality sleep. try to turn off electronics in the room before you sleep or sleep elsewhere. give yourself a wind down period each night.
>read books
>play the double n back game. it will help you concentrate.
>take a 3 month ban from all movies and tv shows, read a book or watch a documentary instead.
>get exercise. lift, and do aerobics that burn you out and improve your lung capacity. stretch.

Do the above for 3 months, and you will feel your mind start to clear up. keep them up after. for the sugar, make it an occasional thing with desserts and eat them after filling your stomach. don't drink liquid sugars.

good luck.

Those things can make me feel really misunderstood sometimes and I will get frustrated at myself. I usually try to ignore and let it go but it can really piss me off especially at the wrong time.

You need to story worrying about other people so much. Stop comparing yourself to other people. The only person you should focus on is you.

Love, user

I might be a ruined person, but atleast i don't use instagram

Everyone is ill. Change. Easy as that. You don't like your date. Change it. Eridicate anything that gets in your way.

>bwahhh his accomplishments mean nothing because «««normie desu»»» life is so unfair with me bwaaahhh

Overcoming depression is tough, congrats to the guy who managed.

I also have a qt asian gf for 3.5 years now but I've been clinically depressed for a while. University and gym are changing it but it takes a lot of effort.

very true, thyroid disorders caused by malnutrition can be a cause of depression