Which band covers the most genres?

Which band covers the most genres?

Ween is probably up there

Genuinely or jokingly because there's a huge difference

The Mothers/Zappa

Anyone with more than 10 studio albums

Genuinely. Obviously anyone can play and like whole different styles of music, but I'm interested in seeing who actually blasts genres without actively trying.

I guess someone like Bob Dylan who's been putting out music for 50 years will inevitably change their style massivley over time. He's coverd folk, rock, folk rock, country, gospel, blues, 80's rock and some stuff I guess you can't really place. But there's still very clearly Dylan that wrote all of those songs. Listening to "One of Us Must Know" and "Mississippi" you can still tell it's the same basic sound going through it, even though it's 40 years apart and completely different albums.

Death Grips

Mike Patton

NIN covered a country song :)

Buckethead

Ulver is up there

gonna go out on a limb here and say kayo dot

xxxtentacion

probably

Gorillaz

Dc talk

Estradasphere has to be up there. Boris too, less swingy mid-song but their very large discography (especially if including collaborations) covers a lot of ground.

There was also that huge boom in progressive metal and mathcore bands last decade that would dip into two or three other genres per song and it was almost a competition to see who could hit the most variety. Hard to say who won the competition but there have to be at least two or three top contenders in that wave.

I know you're asking for a band but Bowie covers a whole lot.

That does not sound like a good combination of genres at all