Superspeed is the best superpower. Prove me wrong

Superspeed is the best superpower. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Man
youtube.com/watch?v=ryGR06dlPf0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

omnipotence seems a lil better

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8

there is a super power where u can control what super power you have nigger

Teleportation is better

your body can't handle it user

Yeah if I had superspeed think of all the things I could do, like... wait there isn't a single thing in my life where superspeed would be useful it doesn't make me bulletproof so fuck going after criminals and if I ran into something whilst going superspeed, well think what happens if someone runs at a wall really really fast the wall fucking wins.

but what if you bump into something?
It would be better if you're going at normal speed and you have the ability to slow time with like 50 times or stop time, without the quick old age thing.

i am good at spotting jews

Its true. Your brain will squash against the back of your skull

Mind reading is the best one

If it was the right kind of superspeed (IE included your mind not just your body and gave you the accompanying superpowers to keep your body from falling apart) it could improve your productivity pretty considerably. Imagine writing a novel in a day or building a house in a week.

/thread

This. Slowing down time would be way more useful.

OP HERE.

It would get real boring and depressing real fast. Also, checked.

Slow perception, if someone shoots you at gunpoint, say goodbye.
Of course, superspeed also implies EXTREMELY fast reactions.
Yeah, I guess this is a valid point. But let's keep logic out of the room for now.
Many people say so, but I respect privacy tbh.
That's why I'm obsessed with superspeed.

Have you ever played mutants and masterminds? Its a superhero rp tabletop. Superspeed worksthe way u described. It's broken as fuck.

If i could Teleport I would never stay in dangerous situation such as a gunfight
Also I would wear a bulletproof vest and a helmet like magneto or some shit like that

Your hands and thoughts move as fast as your feet. If youre smart with superspeed you can do anything.

On a sidenote i had another char that was a hitman with burrow and radiation. I would burrow under my targets house with some snacks and crosswords and just emit radiation or a few days, then leave. Chars name was lou keemia.

But with superspeed, you could just walk into the gunfight, disarm everyone, steal a couple of wallets, take a nap and walk out before everybody knew what happened.

Watch quicksilver's scene on youtube.

It would be better imo that you could adjust your speed.
>breaking no sweat on the 100m at the olympics and breaking the record couple of times.
>same on other sprint events
>catch bad guys very fast, but not too suspicous (because if people see you going at 100mph, they have questions).

but...immortality

>inb4 family and friends still die bullshit that no one cares about

If you catch someone going super speed you might as well have been in a car because they would die

WRONG! It's invisibility
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Man

Yes, it certainly would be amazing. The world would suck in slow motion, everything would feel sluggish and frustrating.

you will still die someday no matter how fast you are.

>writing a novel in a day
>building a house in a week
As a write I hate how you have compared these 2. Without superspeed it still takes building house faster than writing a novel.

i live next to god
and i can say for a fact that he has a blast knowing exactly what im thinking and then using it against me

As a writer whose father is a builder, if you're putting more man hours into your novels than an entire crew of carpenters and half a dozen subcontractors puts into a house, you should get a different hobby.

Telekinesis is clearly the best power that isn't overpowered like omnipotence or useless like immortality

>Instant KO enemies by making air pockets in their brains or crushing their heart
>Fly by levitating yourself
>Enhance your own physical strength and endurance
>Stop bullets with your mind

This.

Nothing else compares because immortality means you have forever to do anything and everything.

I don't even know why anyone brings up supposedly negative things like outlasting anyone as anything you care about, because then you have forever to get the fuck over it

Why the fuck should I go into a gunfight??
If I wanted to steal money I would Teleport into a bank and steal it there

well for one if you build a house with concrete slab it needs to sit for 7 - 10 days just saying other than that yeah would be cool

well, no. If you hit a non moving object with high speed, it would be like running into a stone wall.

youtube.com/watch?v=ryGR06dlPf0&feature=youtu.be
Video related, your super power is not really that good. Except for dying some agonizing deaths.

>Stop bullents with your mind
Yes, because telekinesis gives you fast reflexes.
I was just giving an example of how ridiculously powerful superspeed is.

Telekinesis down to a molecular level.

Immortality useless?

Are you stupid or just have a shit imagination?

In conflicts you win because you literally cannot be defeated and just outlast the opposition without even having to do anything.

And then you're still accomplishing shit eons after they are dust

whatever dr manhattan had is better. he can transmogify matter. if you had his powers, you could at will build shelter food and clothing for everyone in the world. you could fix every problem known to mankind. you could create an artifical superintelligence to manage policing and courts, so it will never be corrupt. and then you could fly over to mars and fucking terraform it and create an atmosphere and hence create a second inhabitable planet for humans.

>omnipotence

you run into paradoxes. but... ok.

flying or reading minds.

those are my options.

seaguls and pelicans have fucking flying and they are retarded and useless as fuck

TK is best. You can use it to recreate or mimick almost any other power. Not to mention it's extremely useful in its own right.

You don't even need to get to that point, you just brain aneurysm them all

You could be doing anything productive right now, and yet here you are posting on Sup Forums. What's to say being immortal will suddenly make you productive?

oh and good job on mind reading too, now u can know every autistic thought dumb fucks have, rather than just the ones they find time to say.

in response to the brain squishing thing
im sure if it was a mutant power you would also have a faster healing time or your cells would be mutated to handle the Gforce

for instance a character i have in the works can is augmented to where he can control his perception rate and in doing so his body has to keep up with his mind.

the liquid in his skull is thicker allowing sudden movement or stopping to take place and the liquid keeps his brain fairly still

I always have put a lot of thoughts into my words. And I have found the best superpower a long time ago. If a human being had the power to manipulate time (ie : slow it down, stop it, fast forward, rewind) he would be quite invincible. Now many people use the argument of aging when I tell them this. I said manipulate time, not stop it.

My basis is that your body can stay within times and be affected by it if you want it to be. But that since you manipulate time, two people don't have to be in the same traveling time. Let's say I spent four days while time was stopped, id then be four days older than in supposed to be. I could brewing my time at 200% normal speed, and the time of everyone else at 50%, thus, in a matter of hours, i am the same age as I was supposed to be.

Other than the age thing, superspeed is only a downgraded of time manipulation, if you could manipulate time, set the time of everyone around you(or the world for that matter) at a slower speed than yours, you now are super fast to everyone else. Since this is time manipulation, your body can handle it.

Time manipulation has so many applications and not many ways to be taken down, unless someone kills your brain while sleeping, in which case you'll die to fast to understand what's going on, you can't die. Some can have shot you, you could just rewind the time for everyone, thus going to a time where you aren't shot, and if you do the exact same thing you did before getting shot, the bullet will come the sane way and you'll know about it. Dodge.

Reminder thus theory only works if my theory of time is correct, which is eveytime you make a choice(or in this case, every time you manipulate time) a different timeline is created.

Sorry for long text

>bugs
>air resistance
>rapidly wearing out your joints
>if fast enough, fire

I always thought that gravity manipulation would be the best.
I mean, if you can control what attracts what on an atomic level, there's a whole bunch of shit you can do. And then if you dabble into a bit of what you can control with gravity and time, that opens up a lot more possibilities.

>the liquid in his skull is thicker allowing sudden movement or stopping to take place and the liquid keeps his brain fairly still

Physics doesn't work that way. Brain needs distance and damping to decellerate.

>would get real boring and depressing real fast
no creativity at all do you?

holy shit you have the autism

implying humans and pelicans have the same cognitive capacities.

>MFW

manipulate energy, everything is energy /thread

>It would get real boring and depressing real fast.
Except for the fact that you're omnipotent and by definition can make it not be boring or depressing...

Cool, are you making a comic?

On an infinite timeline, the probability of becoming productive at some point is 100%.

Of course, that wasn't what we were talking about. The point being discuses was specifically a scenario of being in conflict, which immortality wins without even having to do anything just by virtue of its nature alone

How so? Curious to know your point. What do you think of the power?

You also have to witness the explosion of our sun, destruction of our solar system and the eventual heatdeath of our universe. Forever floating in black alone with your thoughts being driven mad.

Seems pretty shitty to me unless you can die if you really wanted to.

If it was this current world, this fucker would be the best choice with his bullshit "imaginary vectors"

enjoy being locked inside a box for an eternity, you fucking retards

What manga is that?

I'd be happy to witness those to be honest. Eventually falling into a planet or star would be delightful.

what if it barely moves in the first place
this isn't something i just came up with
shit's been planned out for years
also that is how physics work
you dont move as fast in water because it's thicker than air

same rules apply to thicker liquids

currently getting new concept art made out, hoping to get something out in a while

this is what i have so far (mind how cliche he probably looks) also the artist kinda fucked up on proportions

being able to alter the compositions and arrangements of atoms is far superior

>yfw you learn that Sup Forums has built in google image search

how about the ability to create anything you can imagine?

oops i wanna go fuckin superspeed, invented some chewing gum that solves all that.

i wanna slow down time, makes a watch that does just that.

i wanna fly, makes some fkin pill that lets you.

etc etc

Super speed is good but it's nothing on the ability to speed up time but stay at the linear speed.

Oh, thank you o.o didn't know

In my opinion, his outfit doesn't match his powers. The skull thing is kinda over-used. But cool concept dude.

And who is to say that there wouldn't also be a Big Crunch, another Big Bang, and a whole new universe to experience, in a repeating process forever, and who's to say you wouldn't be able to stay sane or hibernate in some way in order to keep experiencing it and live on meaningfully without end?

As who even is to say that I wouldn't find madness and endless pointless drifting preferable to ceasing to exist entirely?

Don't make silly assumptions.

>you dont move as fast in water because it's thicker than air
Yes, but hitting it does more damage to you than hitting air for the same reason. Jump out of a plane and belly flop into the water and tell me how much fun you had. Now do the same and just fall through the air. See the difference?

By your logic, having his brain hit his skull would be even better because the skull is much thicker than any liquid.

Ever since I was like 8 I've wanted that superpower

That would be pretty cool, too.
i guess.

cumming fast is a superpower I never asked for but it comes with the superspeed

he's ex military
long back story that i don't feel like typing out
his power isn't just quickness
lots of augmentation from alien tech

So, it would be like moving VERY slowly? Isn't that a disadvantage?

No imagination at all.

You could claw your way out of a box made of anything given just a few hundred years, or even just months if it's something weaker like wood.

An insignificant setback over the course of forever.

Don't underestimate friction over time.

does it ever occur to anyone that you can also have built in counter measures to dangerous sides of super powers?
super speed? quick healing and cells made to handle it
super strength? more durable skin to handle the objects

why does everyone stop at the power?

Omniscience is better.

As long as it worked on a linguistic basis rather than a scientific one (eg. the difference between "create a long-distance communication device" and "create a device using electrical current along a metal wire to create an arbitrary pattern of radio waves which can be interpreted by a similarly coded device far away") then this would be good.

If you had to actually know how the thing would work, you'd basically just be a living skunkworks, no more powerful than your ability to actually invent things, which is more or less how powerful we are now.

so your telling me i can use my fingernails to claw through 1000 feet of solid steel? what about a layer of some synthetic plastic glass or something.

>what is entropy

As long as your fingernails kept regrowing, then yes. Water will form a canyon if given enough time.

>you can handle the truth

It would be like super speed except inflicting a large wound on someone would cause them to die and rot in seconds

You would cum superfast hahaha

You would have no food, and no water and no air. You would have no energy to claw at the box, and you would be in constant pain from not being able to breathe. Your superpower is shit, you can't die but you can experience pain and your body will die, get good

user that's not a super power...

>you can't die
>your body will die
This is what Christians actually believe.

but you don't have any energy or fuel, you dumb fuck

Hey that's a nice superpower.

>Flight is better, but super speed + flight is my ultimate dream combo. I wanna be like a plane, except faster.

>superpower
>obeys physics
You may choose one.

let me take this argument about superpowers in a thread on www.Sup Forums.org seriously. someones making fun of me now, oh gosh, better call him a christian.

nice meme

Yes. You realize that a phenomenally weaker force like weathering from wind can tear through and break down metal over hundreds or thousands of years right?

You really have no imagination at all if you can't conceive of human-levels of friction breaking through absolutely any material eventually when you have invincibility and infinite time on your side

>immortal
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
>immortality
>running out of energy
that's not how immortality works

The power to turn an honourable and respected website into a disgusting cesspool of faggots

superspeed means that, to maintain the increased energy requirements, you will need to be eating constantly, like a hummingbird.problem with that is that the undigested food needs to go somewhere, so you will be constantly eating and shitting.

increased perception will be boring as fuck, remember that sloth scene from zootopia? everyone will be like the sloths and you still won't be able to fuck the rabbit.

superspeed sounds nice, but is secretly shit, like Midas touch.