>Ned: "I promise, Lyanna."
>Ned leaves the tower, sad, holding a baby in his arms
>Howland looks over and understands
>Howland: "He'll need a name."
>Ned pauses and thinks
>Ned: "Jon."
>Roll credits

(farts)

Reminder that this board is Sup Forums and as such this is a place to discuss the TV show, not whine about the books. Whining about books makes you a bed-wetter.

Examples of bed-wetting behaviour -

Genuinely believing Stannis is still alive (delusional beyond belief)
Mentioning "Darkstar" (whatever that is)
Trying to cast characters that will obviously not even appear in the show
Referring to the White Walkers as "Others"
Crying about some goofy zombie Cat Stark story being removed
Calling the Three Eyed Raven "Bloodraven" like a complete oaf
Not realising that saying "frogfu" is as beta as it gets
Whining about 104 year old Barristan Selmy being outnumbered and killed
Bringing up Reddit in any context
Using terms like "bookfag", "showpleb", "normies" or any cringeworthy variant

Please stick to discussing all the good and bad aspects of the TV show only. No bed-wetting.

absolutely awful

so it'll be in the show

>and who
>are you

who will play Lyanna?
strawpoll.me/10209610

DAILY REMINDER

CLEGANEBOWL *IS* CONFIRMED HAPPENING THIS SEASON

don't believe the anti-hype

if you get dubs you get to fuck him

books > show

stay mad

Ser Barristan all day nigga

Have the tower in fire behind Ned and its perfect.
That would mean that its not Lyanna that it buried in Winterfell but Ashara Dayne.

pick Barristan
kill Gregor

I'd probably still be fucked but I think this is the best I could hope for

Pick Brienne. She is a stronk womyn so I don't need to kill anyone,

Something I just realized

Melissandre before season 6:
>OMG SHE IS EVIL AND A WITCH AND SHE BURNS PEOPLE AND SHE SHOULD DIE

Mellissandre after making Jon come back
>No one cares what she did and everyone is happy she brought him back

fucking normies man

Pick Jaime
Kill Barristan
I'm okay.

Hello bed wetter

Littlefinger - opportunist or long-term-planner?

>take jaime (if he has two hands) and kill barry stan

or the other way around

You conniving motherfucker, you cheeky little cunt.. I've been elbow deep in that fat bitch's gaping cunt for the last 12 hours, trying to figure out if she were really going into labor or she just enjoyed the company while taking a huge painful shit. THEN YOURE GONNA KILL HER? JUST LIKE THAT? fuck you m8, "HURR DURR LOOK AT ME IM A BIG BOY NOW WITH MY BIG BOY PANTS" whats babby's gonna say? "LOOK AT ME IM LORD BOLTON NOW"? What? you thought Karstark here will go "WOAH RAMSAY IS PRETTY BASED! I WOULDNT WANT TO PICK A FIGHT WITH THIS PERSON"? fucking leech, I was in there, A DOZEN HOURS! DOZEN, trying to get the stench off my nose coming from that fucking disgusting snatch, WHAT YA LOOKING AT KARSTARK? fite me irl faget, FUCK YOU RAMSAY and fuck that sour snatch bitch

roll

Barristan got rekt by a Harpy so no

If Oberyn gets unlimited poisoned weapons, Oberyn, otherwise the Mountain

"I looked for you on the flight plan,” Bane said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Maimen answered.

“Woe to the masketta man if we had been,” said Ser Smee.

"I came down to crash the plane," Bane told them.

"Our planes do not crash so easily," said Ser Bill.

“Ser Juan Ovyu is fled to Gotham, with Dr. Pavleer. I thought you might have flown with him.”

“Ser Juan is a good man and true,” said Ser Smee.

“But not of the CIA,” Ser Maimen pointed out. “The CIA does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Bill. He donned his belt.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Maimen.
Bane’s hired guns moved up beside him, with shadow guns in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Bill Wilson, the Agent of the Morning. He unsheathed Loyalty and held it with both hands. The pistol was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Bane said with sadness in his voice. “Now for you.”

This is a TV board. Go to /lit/ and get laughed at with your beta whining

yes i want

This was the best fight in the show, plebs

>jorah, brienne, drogo

fucking chumps all of them, wtf is this showfag thing.

Well poor melisandre is sorry that she did all those bad things for nothing.

No Bully.

Same thing with Stannis senpai
>OH BOY LOOKS LIKE STANNIS IS GOING TO KILL THOSE NASTY BOLTONS
>OH NO HE MADE A MORALLY GREY DECISION I GUESS I'M A BOLTON-MISSILE NOW

ill take 2 hand jaime

I think you broke the picture user

S U N S E T
U
N
S
E
T

The Bed-wetter is back everybody!!!

Reminder
strawpoll.me/10000156/r
Now go wet the bed some more

You forgot Dayne the dual wielding fookin legend

>thinking a 110 year old could kill The Mountain

bear in mind this a TV board so no book bullshit about what a "based warrior" the old git was

Or I can just stay here and laugh at your beta whining

Lad why do you keep wetting the bed.

HAHAHEH EH FUNNY XD

Well she looks very miserable so I forgive her.

wow it's almost like characters change over time or something

Promets moi, Edouard

Nono, i deleted the content for some user who was annoyed by it.
i don't want to upset anyone here.

>you can be a total jerk, he does not count if you are famous or good looking
More news at 11

It's a TV board about TV shows, dickhead

Seriously, is there anyone on this board who isn't a gay pedo?

Sup Forums is the new Sup Forums.

Trial by combat anons

>pick 1
>kill 1
>the rest is out to kill you

How fucked are you?

>Un-armored Gregor
>No-venom Oberyn
>can swap Jorah with Daario
>Hound
>Past-his-prime Selmy
>Prime but recently from a cell Jaime
>Bronn
>Drogo
>Brienne with oathkeeper

>triggered

Earlier this week, Game of Thrones-the thing that people on the internet now love more than anything else in the whole world-returned for another season. For some reason, it's a show that people have only ever felt comfortable describing to me IRL in alliterative HBO comparisons: "The Wire with wizards," "The Sopranos with swords," and so on. I haven't watched it yet, and to be honest, I probably never will.

And it's not because I don't have HBO Go, or because every time I've tried to torrent something I've just ended up with a frozen download bar and tons of pop-up ads for dick pills. It's because I have an innate aversion to anything that can be described as "fantasy."

We all know the clichés of the fantasy fan: the Games Workshop employee who sighs when children don't know how to play the game properly. The people who found their cultural Garden of Eden in the graphic-novels section of Borders some time in the late 90s. Their cultural trajectory took them from Redwall to Red Dwarf to Reddit, and now they argue loudly in small-town bars about how Bruce Lee died. They hate fashion in all its forms, yet they yearn to look different. To get around this, all of their clothing must refer to something else. Be it an oversize Alan Moore-style amulet or one of those "Afraid of the dark, Lagerboy?" T-shirts.

The Mountain is slow and stoopid Badass Selmy will cut through him like butter 100 times out of 10

When will the eternal maester be exterminated?

Ask an extra anything

well meme'd

not sure you understand how the scenario is supposed to work

if you choose to kill the Mountain then you don't have to fight against him

That's not the problem senpai

When does your job at Starbucks start?

is the umber ruse cruise a thing or no?

>enter bookshop
>get spoiled
And yet some people still manage to complain about getting spoiled on the internet

The mission statement of Game of Thrones, though, is that it isn't just meant for those people. It's for people who like True Detective, Donna Tartt, and the National. It's sexier, it's full of great actors, it's about politics, and people die all the time. You can talk about it at parties, and people won't laugh at you! But as much as its audience protests that GoT isn't just for people who love arguing about dragons, my aversion to anything that could be described as "fantasy" runs far deeper.

In truth, I really don't care whether Game of Thrones is more like "Mad Men with magicians" than Dungeons & Dragons or whatever. It's a lifelong problem; the same one that made me fall asleep in the first Lord of the Rings film, walk out of the second, and completely ignore the third (not to mention The Hobbit, which was even disliked by many people who loved LOTR).

Promettimi, Edorado

youtube.com/watch?v=zmyGURNxyHU

kill oberyn
pick jaime

Errr, think it's quite clear he ISN'T a bed-wetter and he is clever enough to talk about a TV show on a TV board, not books on a TV board like a bed-wetting retard.

Clean your underpants ANGRY child.

Also, nobody ever clicks on strawpolls so don't waste your time kid.

>No Arthur Dayne

Disappointed.

I'll take Jaime, kill Barristan switly btfo Bronn, rekt Oberyn and Drogo and the rest is cake.

Does Frey Pie happen?

What is the point of Blackwater in Books and/or show? Why has it been written to happen, what does it add or reduce?

Like, its an exciting episode and all. But it does not change anything notable. It resets Stannis back to square one, gets Hound to Riverlands (easily accomplished without it), shows Tyrion as the hero and Joffrey as the scared asshole (which are already done in the show without the battle). Cersei has her "In for a bit of rape" scene which is sure nice character building, but does not really exist in the books because Cersei is more one dimensional there. Nobody dies. Nobody really changes.

Like, it does not have a practical reason to exist. Sure, it makes sense, but a lot of effort is spent into building it up for no clear reason. Tyrell-Lannister alliance? Getting Tywin to KL?

Does Blackfish die? What happens with the BWB?

Maybe I'd be a better person if I could put aside my prejudices and learn to appreciate the scope, escapism, narrative skill, and subtle humor that fantasy fans eulogize. But I don't think that's the problem here, because I've never had a particularly limited cultural imagination; as a kid, I loved Ghostbusters and was probably one of the few people I knew at the time to actually enjoy The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. I didn't spend my adolescence asking how much "killing" films had in them before deciding whether to watch them. I never rewound the lesbian kiss moment in American Pie 2, and my reading level did eventually mature to the obligatory "cool books" stage of Kerouac, Salinger, Ballard, Philip K. Dick, and the rest.

Even as I grew up and discovered booze, girls, and nu-metal, I found myself getting into all sorts of things that people who tend to like the fantasy genre also tend to like, whether I was trying to decipher the Architect's speech in The Matrix: Revolutions or anything in Twin Peaks. I'm absolutely fine with any kind of paranormal activity, occultism, devilry-whatever, as long as the word "orc" is never used in any capacity.

>nothing on GIS

real?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv-UtJQk5Q

>same bed-wetting child with nothing original to say

clean your filthy underpants

Then there's the problem of sex. Lord of the Rings-despite featuring Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, and Liv Tyler-managed to totally eschew anything remotely sexual, save for a bit of cleavage and some brief kissing towards the end. As far as I can tell, Pink Floyd has carved out a career by pretending that sex doesn't exist, and I'm pretty sure there are no blowjobs in Discworld, either. Game of Thrones apparently has loads, as everyone tells you literally every time you bring it up. Good job-identify the problem and put tits and balls on it.

To me, it seems that these books, films, songs, and TV shows about people with weird ears running around mountains smashing each other over the head with swords are created for people who have trouble understanding other human beings. While the Music Room Crew back at my middle school were wigging out to The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, I just couldn't get past the Tolkienisms and mythological allusions. Granted, I couldn't relate to Chronic 2001 that much, either, but that seemed like a document of a world that actually existed somewhere, rather than some ridiculous boarding-school fantasy.

Also, where are all the ethnic minorities in Lord of the Rings? It's a fairly common, trolly thing to say, an accusation leveled at a lot of fantasy stuff and probably a point made by a thousand bad stand-ups. But that doesn't mean we should discount it. After a bit of googling, the common justification seems to be that these tales are written as part of English lore. But hold on guys? I thought it was supposed to be fantasy? It's cool to have an orc, some dragons, and tons of midgets, but no black people? It just seems a bit problematic to me.

Like I said, I haven't actually seen Game of Thrones. And who knows-maybe it is great. Maybe one day I'll be able to get past all of my prejudices during a re-run on Syfy years down the line. But for now, I just can't get past those fucking orcs.

>Referring to yourself in the third person

Do you suffer from autism, user?

>>Past-his-prime Selmy
>>Prime but recently from a cell Jaime
Shit...
Well, I'll pick Oberyn, kill Jaime.

>with nothing original to say

the irony of your post burns my eyes

Dubs witnessed

>KNAW, NOW WE TENS

Book : Take Jaime, kill Sandor.
He'd rekt everyone else. (Past-his-prime Selmy had an hard time against some pit fighter and only won because he had armor on... )

Show : Pick Brienne and don't even need to kill anyone she'd win 1vs8.
The only question mark to be honest is Bronn.
Because that's the thing, everyone knows Jaime is good and everyone knows Selmy is good, because people know them. Someone could be equally good but unknown if he's just a sellsword. Bronn dominates in every fight he took part in, he beat savage berzerkers, he can beat armored knights of reputation...

I'd say Bronn is probably the best 'no-name' fighter in the world. Hard to say where he's up against the well known ones tho.

the same badass that got rekt by a handful of peasants?

Tell me

Do you bleed?

LYANNA CASTING TIERS

GOD TIER
>Roach
>Bridget Regan

Pretty good tier
>Kaya
>Archie chick
>Hurd-wood
>Young Jen Con

Good tier
>Ady Kane
>Zatura-Kstew
>Jaclyn Jonet
>Jenn Proske
>Oona Chaplin

FUCK OFF TIER
>Sasha Grey

>and nu-metal,

>at my uncle's wedding
>and who are you starts playing

if dubs you get to fuck

>wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past her prime

Peasants? Fool they were replicas of the Dragon Knight in disguise what could Ser Selmy do against 20 of them.

In the books its to make Stannis more humble, this allows him to listen to Jon and partake in the customs of the Northern clans. Which in turn will allow him to win Winterfell.

In the show its really just for a epic battle Really Stannis could have been killed in the battle in the show and nothing would change

>He thinks I'm samefagging
Loving Every Laugh
Keep wetting the bed boy

Reminder that if you complain about the Ned/Dayne flashback scene you are a worthless, whining, edgy loser with no friends, no job and no life. You stink of piss and shit, your underpants are filthy and you have a coat of slime on your forehead.

In other words, a book reader.

1/10 for trying

isn't Jon older than Dany?
How does R+L=J even make sense in the timeline?

All the things you mentioned about it are important

You could say Hardhome wasn't important except for discovering that Valyrian Steel melts the Others

>american accent
shit

she succ me

>Bridget Regan
2 old
you need someone in its early twenties a no name with not like the rest of the cast

what the fuck is the dragon knight? king of the peasants?

ew no

Rank the storylines of S6 so far

Jon Snow resurrected
Bran flashbacks
Ramsay in Winterfell
[POWER GAP]
Tyrion and Varys
Lannisters vs. Faith Militant
Iron Islands
Salsa and Brienne
[POWER GAP]
Sam and his wife's son