Don't make enough to save extra
Need $5000 for an engagement ring
Banks won't lend to me cause I do contract work

What way can I get the cash? Legit question

(Pic totally not related lul)

Other urls found in this thread:

helzberg.com/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ring cost should be based off what you can afford bro. Sounds like $5K is too high and that's fine. You can find beautiful rings for less

amazon mechanical turk, you can make some decent money if you stick with it.

Wth is that?!

I don't I don't want to get her a lesser one, tbh I think a smaller rock will make me look stingy

Here's another pic for legit replies, thx all

Get her a cheaper ring with the promise that you'll give her a better ring later on (heck, get her a very expensive wedding ring instead)There are diamond rings for under $200.

And, seriously. If she rejects you because the ring doesn't look expensive enough, she's not a keeper. Yes, she deserves the best, but maybe the best isn't putting you both in debt.

I hear ya, I honestly don't think she would care if the ring was a lot cheaper but I have this overwhelming feeling that I want it to be good and perfect the first time around... Guess I'll have to weigh up the options

I got a beautiful engagement ring but my fiance is a student (we're young, but we had to do it in order for me to get a visa, long boring story you don't want to hear).

It wasn't the most expensive one, by far. But I love it! It's subtle, yes. But it matches all my outfits and other jewlery. This makes me want to wear it daily.

I don't know your girlfriend/future fiancee style, so it's hard to our judge. But getting her a subtle ring will make her wear it every day.

Maybe try to find out her style by looking at her current jewlery.

Whatever you don't use google.

That looks really nice, as for her style I'm not really sure how to describe. She's small, 5 ft2 Asian girl. So petite might be the word. She's def not high maintenance but I know she really treasures getting things that hold a bit more value... If I'm being honest I think I'm prolly just beating myself up because I want to get her something so much better than I can afford... Plus all of our friends are getting engaged so I know at some point there will be "ring comparisons"

Like fuck, this is what I want. And it looks simplistic but I had no idea what it costs to get a GIA certified diamond that size. That's like .70 carats and is bloody 3.5k for the diamond ALONE

Not waste all your fucking time on /b, shithead. Get a second job.

Wait to get engaged until you're more financially secure, you fucking moron.

Thank you! The ring itself was around $180 I believe.

Also, she's petite and quite small. Petite woman tend to have small hands and fingers (I have tiny hands myself), a big ring is just gonna look fake and unnatural.

You don't have to get such high expectations, I'm sure she loves you and would love the ring no matter what price (as long as it's not a plastic one, haha). Also, as long as you give her a real diamond with a silver ring it'll reduce in the price a lot. Nobody is gonna see the difference between white gold and silver.

What matters is that she loves the ring, and to her it'll be the most beautiful. No matter how much more expensive the rings of her friends are. Also, just don't mention the price, ever!

Remember, I got a ring with 11 (!) diamonds. The bigger the diamond the more expensive, so get one middle piece with accent diamonds next to it to make it look more expensive.

Huh? 3.5k?? I got my girls ring for £250, and it's 1 carat.

Are you going to a toffs shop or something? Look around, mate. You'll find one much cheaper.

But on another note, doesn't matter how much you spend on the ring. 50 quid or 5 grand, it still has the same meaning.

This person has it figured it out.

If you're too poor to buy the ring, then you're too poor to get married. Wait until you're more financially stable before taking such a big step.
Holy shit, you're like a nigger that thinks "welp, I aint got no money fo birf control so I guess I'll get da bitch pregnant".

>amazon mechanical turk
hey this is pretty cool. I didnt know this was a thing...thanks for sharing. Im going to start this tomorrow. I have to work today

Awesome advice, thank you. I will go to bed feeling better now ;)

Um, work for it?

Why is credit the "go to" option for Westerners these days who need to purchase something big? Not to mention even assuming you had decent credit and could get it on loan, you'd be paying 10k by the time it's all said and done.

A basic idea to understand before you buy something on credit is "can't afford it today, can't afford it tomorrow". Basically, you're gonna be giving up like a 3rd of your already meager income for months just to propose (and this isn't even the wedding).

Get it used. Don't pay more than 2k, 5 is apparently retardly out of your pay grade.

And if you can somehow scrounge up 5k, you should use it for a house down payment (mortgages are the only thing acceptable to buy on credit). Married couples should live in homes, you're not a bachelor anymore, particularly if you want kid(s).

It's a amazing how fucked Westerners are on credit these days. I have many friends still living with parents in their 20s who work 40 hours a week... they fucked themselves with huge car payments (no one making less than 40k EVER should have a new or even new-ish car, never have a car payment) and credit, and now they can't afford lodgings.... don't be one of those dudes, don't buy shit you can't afford with credit, save up and buy big items, like they did in olden times, it's the only way you'll ever come out ahead financially.

Thanks for all the advice ppl, here's a random pic from my phone

Be quiet you rancid swine. Sometimes credit is the only way. As long as he's not stupid and makes sure he can afford the repayments then it's all good.

I'm glad I could help! I suggest looking at helzberg.com/. The service sucks ass but they have gorgeous rings for a really nice price!

I would like to wish you luck and happiness in your engagement! You seem like you care a lot for her and she's a lucky woman!

Then there is this faggot

Put in a fake credit card and cvv and it said my order will be shipped today. Cheers, if op puts his details in there he wont be buying anything for a long time.

Debt slave dumbasses living with their parents...

Seriously asshats, what percentage of your paycheck goes to your car payment and paying back shit you bought on credit? 50%? More?

Think about if you saved and bought that shit instead how much better off you'd be.

Damn, the jews of indoctinated Western whites into thinking credit slavery is just the norm....

Then what happens if you get fired and laid off? You begin to get huge penalties for not paying and the amount owed quickly doubles until you can NEVER GET OUT of debt slavery.

Dumbasses.

Jesus you're a fool.

I live in my own house, with my fiance.

I've had credit, paid it back when I had to. Now I save and buy things, but sometimes credit is the only way forward.

Silly cunt.

What?

You don't work and you wanna get engaged?

The fuck?

That post proves you're a total fag

The way forward (financially at least), is saving until you can afford it... Sure, that means, God forbid, you actually have to put back a 100 per paycheck for a few months. But it's better than having the financial exploiters grant that cash to you and paying back double or triple afterwards.

I guess it's also a bonus for the bankers that Americans suck at math and can't truly fathom that they're paying several times what an item is worth after buying it on credit.

5k on engagment is mental if you can't afford it. A proper wedding will be 4X that barest minimum. The 5k could be a house down payment for a small starter home (well, if you live in a decent cost of living state, throw that out the window if you live in Cali or New York) which would be infinitely superior to a nice ring, I'm sure the woman (if she wants the engagement) would be happier with a house.

The mentality of debt slaves is so stupid it's nearly unfathomable to me.

And before you ask, yes, I too have used credit. But only in such a way where I've could turn around and pay it make instantly resulting in no interest. Just for unexpected shit like car repairs or small purchases (but granted I could pay it all back in weeks rather than months or years). This is how credit should be used.

How often does your pay check come? Weekly? Mines monthly.

Also I could clarify I live in Australia. A typical down payment on a house is arojnd 10-20% and houses go for $700k here on average. Even starter ones in shit areas

Is that Ray Liotta?

>(Pic totally not related lul)

Thanks for the info, you fucking idiot. I thought it was you.

Those numbers may not translate to different nations, but in a cheap US property values state starter homes can be had for 50k.... granted they'd be tiny 2 bdrms and they'd probably need a lot of work. But they can be had that cheap. But if you're looking for a home you can really be proud of 70-80k may be more reasonable. And they usually want 10% up front for a standard mortgage, but the more you can spend naturally, the cheaper your monthly rate.

I get paid weekly.

I think Aussies get paid quite a bit more dollars per hour but your dollars go nowhere near as far, from what I understand. Property values are probably through the roof compared to US flyover states.

This. Buy as cheap of shit as you need until you are debt free then only buy things in cash. I'm 28 now and live in my own cash bought 200k home, and have a 4 year old 35k vehicle with no payment. My average income since 22 is only about 70k a year gross.

Yep well I get paid 65k p year

My rent is $1800 p month

Typical 2 bedroom house gonna cost me $700k

15% deposit gonna be 105k

A large pizza cost $13 and a can of coke cost $3

Just for comparison sake lol

>>if you stick with it

The same could be said with all learned trades. Turk is shit. Better off doing paid surveys.

Mow some lawns. Was some cares. Sell some shit door to door for a bit. Tutor something. Male gigilo. Endless possibilities user. Anything can make you money

Very strange. US pizza is about the same price, everything else you mention is about 6X the US prices (and you're only making about 1.5X what I am).... but I live in a very cheap cost of living area of US. Indiana, the corn farm lands.

It's rural and boring but it costs nothing to live here. Rent can be had for 400 for a 1 bdrm. Houses for 50k (but it would be very tiny). Cokes cans are 50 cents.

I get about 45 at my job now. Butcher. Not a great job but it's better than many in my area.

Are u fukin joking at 50 cents for a can of coke? Holy crap.

I would love to live rural and would likely find places a lot healer than suburban but it would be too far away from work/family. (Around min 2-3 hour drive before I would start to see property prices drop a lot)

Dude if this bitch really loves you she wont care. My current girlfriend who i really hope i stay with would probably be happy if i got her a ring pop

This does not translate into other places where the COLA is higher, kid. Some people do want to live in big cities for some odd reason

suck 5000 dicks for $1 each

You niggers are insane caring about stupid shit like engagement rings.

Lol, my wife picked out and bought her own engagement ring and it was only 100 bucks. It's just a piece of metal ffs, don't put the worth of your relationship into small possesions.

This guy knows what's up

> don't put the worth of your relationship into small possesions.

This totally made me think

Quit Sup Forums and work 10 times harder.