Just after Morpheus shows Neo the reality of the world...

Just after Morpheus shows Neo the reality of the world, Neo is born for the first time into a place that is controlled by machines. If machines are the enemy, why does one pick Neo up and drop him down the tunnel into the water? And after that giant claw picks him up, how does he make it back to the Nebuchadnezzar safely?

What is the difference between the place I just described and the place Morpheus describes as "endless human fields" that we see later in the movie?

I've never understood this part of the movie, but then again, I am retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-the-brain-need-s/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was supposed to die down there, but the machines didn't know his buddies would come and fetch him.

The "machine world" into which people "wake up" is just another level of the Matrix, designed to be an unsavory reality that people are not willing to choose, instead choosing to remain in the Matrix.

That would explain the nonsense "get hit in matrix and bleed in real life", tho

Very cool theory
Sad the never did a second volume of the animattrix.

The machines harvest humans for their body heat. If a specimen has failed, evidently some warden droid drops him down below, which is what happened.

But to give you the real answer, Neo being the chosen one was part of the matrix, as created by the Architect. The purpose of the matrix is to hold human consciousnesses meanwhile their bodies are being farmed by the robots in the real world. The free will of humans had been causing problems for the Architect, who is the program/robot that has been tasked with creating a matrix. So the way he found around this problem was the implementation of a chosen one, who will have to make a choice. The chosen ones are supposed to choose what the Architect suggested for Neo to choose, because, as he said, that one is the reasonable, intelligent choice. But Neo CHOSE to pick the other alternative.

So Neo survives because the Architect wrote the program code in such a way.

Why did they show him the truth and then let him go there in the first place?

Are you sure this is correct? Or is it what you took from it?

OP here btw.

I like Matrix for the special effects and action scenes. But the story is really bad. The premise is completely flawed. Using humans as a power source since the sun is obstructed? That's bull shit. There are many other much better power sources. And you don't need to keep the brain entertained to use the body as a power source. The brain is the biggest power drain in the body.

Go watch Transformers, that'll be easier to comprehend.

In the Architect's words: just another level of control.

>And after that giant claw picks him up, how does he make it back to the Nebuchadnezzar safely?

Wow really?

That claw IS from the Nebuchadnezzar.

I thought the same. It would explain Neo's superpowers

Not just a power source. They used the minds for computing as well.

But plebs didn't catch into that.

A common fan retcon is that the machines are actually using humans for processing power. It all makes a heck of a lot more sense in that context.

In fact, the human body can't produce any kind of energy. It only converts chemical energy from food to other forms of energy. So the machines would have to produce food for the humans, which require energy, which they don't have.

One source of food for the humans as stated in the film is the deconstructed bodies of dead humans.

The plot twist was already used. Using it again would devalue the first time it happened

they do have other humans

Then just keep a brain in a jar. No need for a whole body.

I thought that was pretty well spelled out in the sequels. We just never got to see the real true world outside the layers of the matrix.

When Neo takes the pill this causes a program error that disconnects his physical body from the matrix. This pings the harvester to remove the defective battery and dispose of it. A huge oversight on the machines to assume he will die in the waste pit. They're unaware of the variable that the people of Zion are hauling these bodies out before they die. Neo has next to no muscle and would have no way to nourish himself even if he could move his body. The machines considered that enough to secure the outcome they wanted. The place Neo is in are like towers that server as power hubs where as the endless human fields are similar but actually growth chambers. Literally farming human embryos which are then transferred to the towers. When the baby is submerged in "goo" (which is supposedly made up of old people) that's the transfer from growing field to battery tower.

Hmmm, now that's a interesting idea.

The AI Technocore was going to do the same thing in the Hyperion books.

Why make a jar when the brain comes with its own flesh-jar?

It's basic thermodynamics. You need an external power source. Can't use humans to feed humans.

2 more matrix films are going to e released in 2017 and 2019

It's not a fan retcon, it was one of the initial drafts of the script.

It may be simpler to just leave the body as an integrated life support system.

Keep the head, ditch the body.

But Neo is going to be a woman. And black.

Body requires energy. Better to just feed the brain directly.

I'm told the Wachowskis wanted humans to be used as computers, but the suits believed audiences would get confused.

Ah, didn't know that. Makes sense, though. I can also kind of see why they went with the "dumbed down" version, though.

But why? Its a self contained system to keep the brain alive
It comes for free with the brain.

You'd still need to set up a support system for the brain, which would also need energy and might need more than what a body in stasis needs.

Unneeded additional step

the machines flushed him down the drain. they didn't just execute him.

the claw is from the Neb. it's them saving him.

there is no difference between the fields and the place you described. it's the same place. earth has turned into a place where humans are farmed for energy. he describes all of that right before the red/blue pill scene

source: just watched the first 2 movies a week ago by pure coincidence. it's super fresh in my mind.

That's going to be a pure shit.. damn.

Support system for the brain would be cheaper (energy wise) than a support system for the whole body.

Chosen one is an anomaly in human evolution where human bodies adapt to the matrix and gain control over it like the programs.

The architect has no control over life and nature.

Oh right, when does this architect explain this? Is it later on in the trilogy? Also what alternative does Neo chose?

I thought this might have been the case, but I just wasn't sure.

Your opinion wasn't asked for, kindly fuck off.

So, If the machine world is just another part of The Matrix, and Neo was predestined to be the chosen one as part of The Matrix to suppress the free will of humans, is anyone ever really out of it?

The brain has much more strict requirements on nutrients than a whole body. By far most of the energy of a plugged in body would go to the brain, and the little overhead of the body is worth it when you don't have to be very specific about what you feed it, and don't have to tightly regulate the flow of nutrients to different parts of the brain, as they become active and inactive.

I remember a rumour that it was going to be just "brains in jars" but they changed the script because they felt audiences wouldn't accept it because there was no real physical protagonist for them to identify with.

Not really. You just feed the body and that's it.

Cant you all watch the movie. Shut the hell up and not ask these borderline paradoxal questions?

see

spoiler alert:

the chosen one is actually programmed into the Matrix as another layer to make the humans think they're doing something.

haven't seen the 3rd movie, but in the 2nd one they outright say that Neo and the prophecy and all that shit is planned out because some humans will always reject the matrix

You just feed the brain and that's it.

yeah, I agree.

Neo's superpowers come from a wireless connection.

Are they worth reading?

Not necessarily.
Your solution needs an entire system to chop up living humans, take their brains out and put them on their support system, and keep endlessly redoing this as replacements are required.

Meanwhile this solution lets them grow, use and literally flush humans in their self-contained form

I'd say its like trying to get rid of the tree and grow oranges directly.

What do the "red pill" losers think of that?

in original conceptions of the matrix, prior to the movies being released, the original concept was that humans were being used for processing power and data processing more so than as batteries. They were linked up together to form a huge planet sized cybernetic supercomputer that ran the matrix along with all the processes the machines required for their factories and daily life. This was later dumbed down to just body heat/energy people = batteries etc.

You are over thinking it.
You can analize any movie or story down to the tiniest detail and pull apart the story because it isnt perfectly consistent.
This is also known as being a sperglord.

neo chooses to save trinity in the 2nd movie, instead of choosing to save Zion. after 5 other runs through this same matrix/storyline, Neo finally chooses love of another person, over the love of humanity. the 3rd movie is where the timeline steps into the unknown, of sorts.

they are technically out of the matrix when they're on earth with the robots, and they're wearing rags etc. it's just that them even being allowed to live, and create zion, and re-enter the matrix, is all planned from WITHIN the matrix. they all are basically ALLOWED to live in Zion and create it in the first place, then later have it destroyed over and over again.

i could explain it in more basic detail but it would require some lengthy typing and weird metaphors haha

> take their brains out and put them on their support system
As opposed to putting the whole body on their support system.
Cheaper to just keep the brain.

Sure if the chosen one is Agent Smith

>I'd say its like trying to get rid of the tree and grow oranges directly
Did you know every navel orange in the world comes from the same tree? You cant grow navel oranges from seeds, you have to make a cutting and grow that branch up into a new fruit baring tree. Each tree is part of the same original tree dating back as far as 1810

Because Morpheus is part of the Matrix and the outside world is the program.

You sound butt hurt because I am pointing flaws in your favorite movie.

Nah you're just being a dumb cunt.

sure you can, you just have to use more humans to feed less humans, it's still a war of attrition, but when you have a couple billion to work through, fuck it. Besides as stated before, the original script was human processors not batteries.. Very astute on you though with the thermal dynamics.

>And after that giant claw picks him up
Giant claw is attached to the Nebuchadnezzar. As to the other, the implication is that their program unhooked him, and since his mind was no longer present in the Matrix, the machines presumably figured he was dead and disposed of the body.

Of course, imo it's far more likely that the 'outside' is just a Matrix for people that want to stick it to the man instead of living in peace, but that's the more straightforward explanation.

the claw is the nebuchadnezzar ship picking him up fool.

Again - its not necessarily cheaper to make your factory lines have to take the humans apart, baby-brain extractors or something and then the entire line to get it into a stage of usage.

The human body is literally the support system for the brain, it may use a lot of energy WHEN YOU ACTUALLY USE IT TO LIVE but when its literally just a holder and supplier for a brain

I still think it may make sense to use them as they are.

Jesus you're fucking dumb

>haven't seen the 3rd movie
Why are you here? Go watch that film. It's fucking amazing.

Go study thermodynamics.

I'm only pretending to be a retard dot jpg

How the fuck do you take an image of the Capra Demon from dark souls walking through a door as butthurt? Because I replied to you calling some other fucker butthurt you assume I too am butthurt by association?

Considering that a body will live for decades, it is cheaper to just keep the brain. The amount of energy you spend to set it up is much less then the consumption of a body over decades.

OH WHAT ARE WE STRAPPING ROCKETS TO THE FUCKING BRAINS NOW? DO WE NEED LITTLE FINS TO DECREASE DRAG?

Go study manufacturing

>he amount of energy you spend to set it up is much less then the consumption of a body over decades.

Right, you think that, I don't.

This guy gets it. Look at how many human brain holders we have hooked up to power right now, in our inefficient, poor healthcare, shitty human ways. We feed them through a tube questionable food like substances, force air into their lungs, and monitor their vitals. It's not THAT much energy being wasted especially if it's broken down into a completely machine supervised efficient system.

Nigger please, even in the episode of futurama when they were making fun of the matrix they still admitted that the system is mathematically viable

your pretty fkin dum m8,

how hard is it to have a fkin human growing chamber that can insert a fkin sperm n egg and grow the niglet, the niglets used in the chamber thing, flushed when done and redone over and over again.

obviously these machine niggers developed a way for it to be efficient and work for them.

thats just how it fuckin is and im sorry your not happy with it.

Just do the math.

People think that humans are an inefficient animal/system, even though its our lives that are inefficient while the human body is fucking amazing.

Okay, first I'll need the energy in-take of a person who is in REM sleep for 100-120 years.

You know it is fiction, right?

actually, make they dont have that capabiltiy yet and what they are doing is working fine for them.

thats actually how it is, im sorry your not happy about it for some reason, but they are fine with it.

Machines are like humans. Some are good some are bad. OP confirmed for autist.

Dont make me assault your home with attack drones

> Neo is born for the first time into a place (...)
The mashines just stopped to project the matrix into his mind
> If machines are the enemy, why does one pick Neo up and drop him down the tunnel into the water
that mashine only follows a garbage disposal script
> And after that giant claw picks him up, how does he make it back to the Nebuchadnezzar safely?
that giant claw is the nebukadnezar... idiot
> I am retarded.
Yup.

The machines took more initiative into solving the conflict than the humans did. You just have to read betwren the lines to notice it

Oh okay, this makes a bit of sense to me. I've seen the sequel, and the third movie, but I was fairly young and can't remember/probably didn't fully understand them. I'll have to re-watch them soon.

got some pretty shit reviews....haha

>It is well established that the brain uses more energy than any other human organ, accounting for up to 20 percent of the body's total haul.
scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-the-brain-need-s/
So, normally a body consumes 4 times more energy than a brain. Even in rest, the whole body would consume more than the brain. So it would save a lot of energy to just keep the brain.

he didn't say rocket science you fucking pleb

thermodynamics. how energy is transferred/used.

Everybody shut the fuck up with the arguing, we are all missing a very important point user has shown us.
>Neo is a fucking orange

Agent smith is the one

Yeah whatever cunt, you know that kids just dreaming about little brains beeboppin around all over the place farting out little bubbles from there rocket thrusters.

Was it ever actually explicitly said in the film that humans are used as an energy source?

The main analogy was a battery. So the machines used humans to store excess energy via biochemistry. A stable energy supply that they could later slow burn.

The fact that Neo had "powers" in the machine world prove that he was really still in a different level of the matrix. Zion was a different part of the Matrix to give those humans who rejected one level of the matrix a purpose.

The big issue here is that the body converts the raw food (or human sludge or whatever the robots are feeding them) into nutrients for the brain. If they just used brains instead of the full body, they would have to take the raw food source and extract the nutrients and feed that to the brain. It's far more simple to just let the body do that even if it is a less energy efficient method. This is what some people here aren't getting.

>The mashines just stopped to protect
>The mashines just stopped
>mashines

You misspelled machines twice, even though you had my comments for reference.. but yes, I am the idiot.

there are two matrixes