Gareth Edwards leaves Godzilla 2

tohokingdom.com/news/2014/08-14_2018_godzilla2_news_roundup.html#update

>Following on the heels of the movie's delay, it has been announced that Gareth Edwards has left Godzilla 2. Reportedly the split is amicable and based largely on Edwards' desire to work on smaller scale productions after Godzilla (2014) and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Legendary Pictures is now on a hunt to find a director to replace Edwards on the film.

Is it over?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/godzilla-returns-to-japan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Directors like that are irreplaceable. There's only like 50 directors in the world. They're some of the strongest, fast, smartest, most flawless people.

They make judges seem like incest murder rapists.

They'll just get a nobody and turn it into a studio flick

GOOD.

Godzilla 2014 was absolutely atrocious.

The new Japanese one looks like it is going to be so much better.

Call Del Tero

No, Edwards would have sucked for a sequel.

We've had human story, slow build-up, and mystery in a Godzilla film, and it worked. For the first film in a series.

The next film needs to be fucking payoff. Get the Russos on the job, and give me a fucking 30 minute duke-out between Godzilla and Ghidorah.

It really wasn't bad but now you will get Michael Bay directing it or something.

That would be amazing. Bay is based.

More like Michael Baysed haha.

Hire Zack Snyder and watch as Godzilla's character is labelled religiously as a fallen out cast angel, redeeming himself by killing other demonic like similar species of himself.

Godzilla has the "mark of cain" on him, cursed for who he is. He is not able to be killed

This.

>We've had human story, slow build-up, and mystery in a Godzilla film, and it worked.
No it fucking didn't. That's exactly what it failed at.

2014 Godzilla was ass, but I think almost all of its problems can be traced back to the script. It was well-directed.

>absolutely atrocious.
Fuck off with the hyperbole. Was is great,no. But it was still a damn fine monster movie

Boohoo they didn't show Godzilla enough.

>all of its problems can be traced back to the script. It was well-directed.
This;

kek

Michael Bay has directed more good films than bad ones. Gareth Edwards hasn't made a single passable flick.

Hopefully now we get to see all the fights rather than the last one only.

Godzilla is passable

Why so we get a decent movie and then nothing? The man is sequel poison.
>hellboy 3
>pacific rim 2

He do you want as the new director?

Edgar Wright, that or the guys who did Crank 1 and 2.

Executive meddling via shoe horned cinematic universe claims another victim.

Yea, I'm sure this movie will turn out great. Get Brett Ratner or another talentless yes man on the phone to pick up the pieces and then blame the audience to keep your jobs when your piece of shit fails.

Good maybe this time fatzilla won't suck as hard

Damn, I liked the original a lot.
I wonder if James Wan would be up for it. Aquaman is rather close to G2's release, but I'd love to see Wan's take on it.

>>The new Japanese one looks like it is going to be so much better.
it looks like shit. just like every other japaneses godzilla movie

>The new Japanese one looks like it is going to be so much better.
You mean the one directed by fucking Anno? Fuck that

>there are people who think Zomzilla will be good

say what you will about edwards but he seem to love Godzilla and really wanted to do right by the series.

now you're going to get a studio yes man that gives in to every retarded idea a studio exec throws at him.

Leterrier? Or am I confusing it with the guy that did Transporter

>le Russos meme

The Russos are just a front for a cabal of Disney executives who decide every little thing about those movies by committee.

This.
Edwards obviously wanted to reintroduce Godzilla to us fat Americans but we were spoiled by that piece of shit Pacific Rim and shit ourselves with anger when Godzilla wasn't an hour and a half of Godzilla raping a city or another monster.
Godzilla 2014 was a very good Godzilla movie.

Godzilla 2014 was a human drama with monsters as the backdrop. Most of the human drama was completely dull and forgettable. Most of the action was ruined by teasing and by time the final fight comes around it's too little, too late. A poor script was made worse by Edwards decision to use "cinematic foreplay" and resulted in another middling entry for the long running series. Someone save Godzilla.

Get David Chase to do this.

Wen people talk shit about heisei, is it because the fans are elitist?
Or do they actually hate the heisei era?

Heisei is best Godzilla era

MEANWHILE IN NIPPON

newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/godzilla-returns-to-japan

>As in that film, the scenes of destruction are now portrayed with computer graphics instead of the classic man-in-a-suit. Yamauchi wouldn’t confirm the budget, other than to call it “the largest-scale Japanese movie ever made.” With a cast of three hundred and twenty-eight actors, plus countless fleeing extras for the crowd scenes, it almost seems as if the entirety of Japan’s entertainment industry has been marshalled to make the film.

PREPARE FOR THE TRUE KAIJUKINO

people get pissed about beamspam instead of monster wrestling

Bruh, most Heisei films aren't good. Biollante is the only one that rises above that pile of mediocrity. It's not difficult to find examples of effects work that look cheaper than what was done in the 1960s. When Heisei Gamera films (made on a much smaller budget) are better in every category, you know Toho wasn't trying. Gamera 3 looks better than all the Millennium films. GMK gives it a run for its money though.

>Michael Bay has directed more good films than bad ones.

Kill yourself.

>Gareth Edwards hasn't made a single passable flick.

Now.

Honestly I don't know, from the movies I've seen they're more consistent in terms of entertainment and production quality than the Showa series. Even the worst Heisei movie is worlds better than cinematic afterbirth like Godzilla vs the Sea Monster

Godzilla vs. Mothra and Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla are better than Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster? Please stop. With more money and more time the Heisei films looked worse with almost every entry. Check out Return of Godzilla/Biollante and then look at MechaGodzilla/SpaceGodzilla.

The only bad Heisei Godzillas are vs Mothra and vs Spacegodzilla

Everything else is great especially 84

>yfw Christopher Nolan directs the new Godzilla