B-but it will break 1 Billion

>B-but it will break 1 Billion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gFrf_oWyDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HOLY SHIT

MARVEL AND DISNEY BTFO

How will they recover? top kek

Are people finally getting tired of capeshit?

We are closer to the end of capeshit. Finally.I expect CW to do 1b. But thats kinda shitty considering its IM vs CA: the movie.

Spider-man 4 and Ang Lee's Hulk 2 when?

Audiences expected the whole movie to be about the avengers fighting each other. Not just 30 minutes.

800m is still a huge profit. They will start to get worried when Infinity wars makes only 500m

Aww yeah, finally capeshit is dying.

Can't wait.

81%

how would you even plot that?

you can tell the movie had to make some leaps just to get them to fight for 15 minutes

>its all profit.

you do realize that over half of that is taken away from taxes and expenses right?

>profit
Don't use words you don't understand bro.

same as every movie, your point?

of course its gonna hit over a billion lol

>Will beat BvS this weekend with domestic BO alone

Peanuts compared to what they make off of merchandise. Everybody knows that's where the real money is.

no shit, plebs eat up marvelshite

Is that 74% Friday to Friday or expected weekend drop?

Civil War literally has to make 3 billion domestically in the first week to just break even

did you even read the article? Avengers had a 61 % drop and Iron Man 3 a 71 % drop - and CW still has the potential to outpace Iron Man 3 overall due to a stronger opening.

It's still not projected to lose its staying power the way BvS did, either.

>My taste is much better than 99% of people
Le fedora man

>implying audiences give a shit about plot in superhero movie

capeshit is dying

Friday to friday

>BvS dropped 69% on its second weekend

>says the manchild

go back to your cartoons faggot

But it is.
That's pretty much the same drop Iron Man 3 had.
If it already at 800 million, then it'll break the billion barrier in the middle of the next week.

81.6% friday to friday

BvS released everywhere at the same time, CW had a staggered release. hth.

Meant for

>capeshitlovers calling others manchildren

o i am laffin

What's the estimated weekend drop then? 60 odd?

I love how everyone on Sup Forums spouts these wild claims about marketing and taxes that get larger and larger every time to take away from a movie's success

I literally said marvel is shit

Forbes guy says 60%

you are a snyderdrone

that's basically the same shit

>Capeshit dies
>Vidyashit takes over

CW collected bvs lifetime gross in just a week.it will easily break 1milli you cucks

what makes you think that? DC is so shite they aren't even worth talking about.

Just keep telling yourself that, bud.

You know there are blockbusters we could want and have outside of capeshit right?

What can Avengers do against these succesful masterpieces?

the bubble is bursting you spandexloving faggot

Oh okay are we now ignoring all the capeshit before iron man?

We are not, those had really good movies like Spiderman 2, X-Men 2, X-Men 1, or Tim Burton's Batman.
There's not a single good videogame movie.

>X-Men 2, X-Men 1

Are you implying they aren't good?
That's why superhero movies got so popular.
They began with good movies, and The Dark Knight and Iron Man skyrocketed their popularity, plus the MCU is the first of it's kind.
Videogame movies are, and will always considered a joke because the most entertaining ones are the ones so bad you just laugh at them.

>vidyashit
its gonna be animeshit

HOLY FUCK MARVEL IS FINISHED

IT'S OVER DC WON

It's not going to be anything.
Superhero movies are not going anywhere for at least a decade more.

Resident Evil 1 wasn't terrible.

>Resident Evil is a billion dollar franchise.

Spicy.

The market is always big enough for two big players, and each one racks up the money while the fandom fight. It goes from entertainment to politics, do you get it already?

Even a piece of shit with 27% on RT like BvS made almost 900 million.
You are deluded if you think anything's going to change anytime soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=5gFrf_oWyDM

it's over marvel is finished

dc rules !!!!

>"In holdover news, Captain America: Civil War continued to play like that last few big Marvel Cinematic Universe summer kick-off titles. So that means a second Friday gross of $19.44 million. That’s a drop of 74.1% from last Friday’s mammoth (and Thursday-infused) $75.253m opening day, which is par for the course of late."
>continued to play like that last few big Marvel Cinematic Universe summer kick-off titles
>which is par for the course of late
>"The Avengers earned $29.2 million (-63%) on its second Friday on its way to a $103 million weekend, while Iron Man 3 earned $19.7m (-71%) on its way to a $72.7m second frame. Last summer’s Avengers: Age of Ultron earned $21.1m (-74.9%) on its second Friday on the way to a $77.7m second weekend."

God dammit do you niggers even read the same articles you post?

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS POSSIBLE GUISE?
AFTER ALL THE SHILLING AND GOOD REVIEWS, IT WON'T EVEN DO ULTRON NUMBERS

So, 1.3-1.4 billion?

>he really believes this

Capeshit will go strong for at least another ten years.

you're still posting on a vietnamese message board for chinese cartoons you babyfaggot

I torrented it to be quite honest.

Anyone know if this is true?

>BvS, one of the worst superhero movies ever, made 900 million
>CW is projected to make more than Iron Man 3, which made 1.2 billion
Yup, completely dead.

He is memeing
3 billion domestic
you really believe this?

Is this movie bad?

Just one billion?

Its a good capeshit movie
then again
its
C A P E S H I T
most of the are "good"
in a way

yes it's pretty boring

I know it's complicated for high school kids, but gross and profit are not the same thing.

This is bad indeed. still people seem to forget that Friday numbers have grown ever since Jurassic World where thursday previews now start at 5pm, thus more screenings on thursday which get counted for friday. Friday numbers today are bigger than ever. However, so are the drops as the following friday thursday screenings get not counted into. This is basic math.

Anyway bad numbers for Marvel. They clearly expected more. Might be a general fatigue. Or maybe people don't care about cape anymore. Been there, done that. This could could turn out bad for Infinity War. Well Justice League is gonna fail first so we'll see. WB should abandon ship and go back to solo Batman movies as long as they still can.

>bad
But it's pretty much the same numbers as in Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3.

This kid is so severely autistic, he just copypastes posts from BVS threads and changes the characters. IRL he communicates via grunts and clicks.

Yes but with 250M$ it has also the highest budget for a Marvel film next to Age Of Ultron. The MCU has a pretty Solid fan based and Civil War will break even like all the other MCU/DCEU films. But as the profits go down Disney might step in and take over control/cancel projects. This is not happening now. But this will become an issue if either Infinity War 1 or 2 turns out to make less than a billion. Marvel will probably need to kill off a bunch of characters to keep things interesting for the crowd or sth. It's good that they didn't so far. But now it's time. Otherwise they might kill off their audience with 0 stakes.

I think Disney of all knew that calling the movie Captain America instead of Avengers would automatically make it gross less than the others, so they gave it Avengers-tier marketing to balance it.

Ouch

So, about 1.4 billion at the end of it's run?

Probably doesn't help that there's already a half decent copy out for download.

-h-how? What else are people watching? Is it seriously that bad? The reviews were great! How can this make barely more than Deadpool! T-This isn't happening... I cant comprehend... Iron Man 3 made 1.2 billion... h-how...

I really wonder if DC is behind that. The copy was up almost instantly and was really fucking good

The weekend numbers aren't out yet. A lot of talk over nothing.

>Implying I give a fuck

Whoever loses Sup Forums wins, like it or not people getting tired of capeshit

>My faeces when it will still be the highest grossing cape movie ever

By the end of June, it will have reached $1.6billion

Fuck off DCucks

>weekend to weekend drop is projected to be about 60%
>nearly identical to other Marvel films of this size
>will still reach over 1 Billion worldwide
Marvel is finished...r-right guys?

Nigga, if movies were such a terrible business model, you wouldn't be able to make a tremendous profit on 800 million sales, no one would be financing and making capeshit

It's nice to see a great movie and franchise so recognized and beloved. When will DC, and manlets in general, ever learn?

You know Sup Forums has gone to shit when shitty flicks with muscled men in colorful costumes beating each other is all you talk about anymore. Civil War and BvS are turds coming from different arseholes, you can argue their merits all you want, but at the end you are arguing about feces.

Because it's legitimately not that great. The phoned it in for most of the action sequences, a lot of the CGI looks sub-par, the plot's a bit of a mess, the characterizations and portrayals of the characters include a lot of plot-induced stupidity, and it's biggest selling point, the "Civil War," was two teams squaring off on an airstrip for about 5 minutes.

There are no deaths, no sense of meaningful consequences, and the one friendly fire casualty that's given all the gravitas of a "very special episode" of your favorite sitcom.

It's just not that good.

ITS POPPIN

Wrong.

I'm sure he'll take it like a man.

>STOP MY DROPPING BOX OFFICE NUMBERS

I just want original IPs

Right.

YO BRO FUCKING UPVOTED BRO. YEAAAH

Captain.America.Civil.War.2016.1080p.TC.X264.Masteredition.Hive-CM8

Screen cap this post

for fuck sake you need to learn how to read box office numbers. It dropped 74% because last friday counted the thursday previews, which was 20 million alone. So of course the drop is going to be steeper than it looks.

It'll probably drop 55% this week end, which is ok, not good

We're still winning, lads

You realize that Civil War had a budget of 250 million, right?
If the movie had made just 250 million, then it would've ONLY made back it's budget. Of the 800 million GROSS of Civil War, only 550 million is PROFIT.
And seeing as how both the Avengers movies and Iron Man 3 made well over 1.2 billion each, Civil War could be considered a disappointment at least.
IF it had already ended it's theatrical release, which it hasn't
Budgets aren't just funny numbers studios attach to their movies, they're money already spent on the production of the film.
And before any autists flare up, I excluded the marketing from this high-level calculation because I fear it would make this too complex for user.