>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/any-rebel
youtube.com/watch?v=1QHxWNl3TDI
namm.org/issues-and-advocacy/regulatory-compliance/cites-update-commercial-rosewood-and-bubinga
youtu.be/TwpOMxCOCQo
mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAHQXms6_A
clyp.it/d1cwbeku
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

butthurt edition: soundcloud.com/any-rebel

>What kind of shoe gives the best pedal tone?

I think this looks really neat on guitars.

oak tanned leather soles. oak is a tone wood.

>tfw no pure 6' English yew guitar

>tfw no english at all

>You'll never own a Daemoness

Why even live lads

>GIS oak tanned leather soles
Not bad at all m8.

Why does rosewood exist? It's either maple or ebony, there is no inbetween for good taste.

>tfw blackmachine

youtube.com/watch?v=1QHxWNl3TDI
any other honkys like to play slide with they shotgurn??

for classical guitars? I don't like ebony with cedar tops.

I'd be petrified the peghead snaps on the grain.

iron rangers

pau ferro

This or Timbs

>namm.org/issues-and-advocacy/regulatory-compliance/cites-update-commercial-rosewood-and-bubinga

ruh roh

>timbs
absolutely nigger tier disgusting. kys

>wat

If you actually have a sense of fashion then Timb's are good boots.

>namm.org/issues-and-advocacy/regulatory-compliance/cites-update-commercial-rosewood-and-bubinga
does this mean more maple fretboards? because that would be great.

>If you actually have a sense of fashion then Timb's are good boots.

>thinking timbs are for fashion

no probably a rise in prices for guitars with these woods

/gg/ - fashion and footwear discussion

Not the bubinga!

>not matching your boots and guitar

It's only a matter of time before we go back to this. I can't wait.

Just look at it

youtu.be/TwpOMxCOCQo
Anyone know other songs like this? Probably my favourite steve vai song/song in general.

Beginner here. I have been playing for 3 months on an acoustic guitar. But now I have decided to buy an electric guitar. Did some research and I think i will buy a tele. Is Squier standard telecaster good enough? I will buy a fender mustang 1 v2 amp too.

keep in mind thats a modeling amp, and that one is going to need lots of knob tweaking to get something good out of it. i dont know if you want to go through that when youre just starting out.

Maple is not currently more expensive than rosewood though. The difference for guitar manufacturing is that maple has to be sealed first, while rosewood does not, which is where some of the cost difference occurs for the consumer. Guitar manufacturers also bump up the price just a bit more than the sealing process really warrants because consumer has been trained to think that maple is some kind of premium special thing for fretboard material (it isn't).

Are vintage tinted gloss maple fretboards and necks (1 piece) supposed to show finger spots/wear over time? I'm on mobile right now so I can't post a photo, but if you google it you'll see a yellow neck and board. Thanks.

If you want an entry level Tele look at the G&Ls. Better quality.

The Squier telecaster will be fine. If you can bully the salespeople in to doing a set up for you as part of the purchase, even better.

I dunno on beginner amps. It's been a long time since I was last in the market for one.

Given that rosewood is rarer and naturally better suited for use as fretboard material, I'm endlessly amazed that anyone would see maple as anything as a cheap substitute.

Such is the instrument market...

In my opinion, only time you wanna be fussy about what kind of wood your fingerboard is made of is if it is a fretless instrument. Fretless you want something hard like ebony for durability, or a thick finish over whatever wood that performs the same function.

Yeah, and I'm highly skeptical of tonewood arguments about fingerboard material. That's a very good point about fretless instruments, but apart from that it probably makes sense to just pick based on aesthetics.

what did he mean by this?

are there better sounding acoustics out there in this price/size range? I've had a martin x series for about 5 years and feel like i could have a better acoustic. I prefer warm sound over bright, and fingerpick exclusively so recommend pls

You do realize timbs are what you wear when you are too poor to afford shoes right? That's why only niggers and white trash construction workers wear them. We could tell who was poor just by looking to see if they had timb boots in high school.

that's a good looking boots

I've been listening to the grateful dead and decided I should try to learn to improvise like that.

So far I've learned the minor pentatonic over both the bottom string (first fret F shape) and second-from-bottom string (open A shape) barre chord shapes and learned to play songs by playing minor pentatonic over every chord. It's fun, easier than I'd thought it would be.

What is the next scale that's most important, in terms of the chord-scale system of improvisation as applied to rock music in a broad sense rather than strictly jazz? It seems like it could be the major pentatonic but maybe I should just learn the mixolydian instead? Does anybody use the major pentatonic or is there always a better scale that you could use in any given situation?

It doesn't seem like the regular major scale is used that much. Most folk and rock songs seem to use mixolydian more for melody or soloing. Can anybody explain why that is, why they use mixolydian instead of major or ionian?

who has a good practice routine? i feel so lost

mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf

This is meant as a joke but you really do need special shoes for effective pedaling. I cant wear my boots when I play because the ridges in the sole miss the switch all the time. This is especially bad when looping

Solid flat bottom shoes like adidas stan Smith work best for me.

>tfw can't stretch far enough for most of those exercises
JUST

Tap them all like a cool kid.

Is it ok to just play the appropriate major scale when you want to play a certain mode?
I feel like that'd be the easiest way for me to get comfortable doing it.

Check this out for a fingerboard wood comparison on a fretless instrument: m.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAHQXms6_A
Anyway, on my normal fretted basses I have one with an ebony and one with a maple fretboard. Both chosen because of their looks.
The ebony looks good on a natural finish rarewood bass, the maple looks great on a vintage-y P-bass. I couldn't care less about the sound difference they may or may not produce.

my mim tele wont stay in tune after i bend strings

what gives /gg/

check yo nut

Stretch the strings, tune up again, repeat until strings don't change pitch when you stretch them. You should always do that to new strings. Also check your tuning posts, how many wraps do your strings make? Post s pic if you're hnsurd that you did it correctly.

i just got it so im sure the strings are p old

Just learn the notes by ear then just bend into place when it gets out of tune ezpz just like a pedal lapsteel player

I think a map on a guitar would be so cool

Search YouTube for Elite Backing Tracks and then pick one at random and play the arpeggio for each chord as it comes up, first starting from the root and ascending, then starting from the root and descending, then starting at any note in the arpeggio you want to start on and doing whatever you want with it.

idk

htats not a bad iidea desu

bonus points if u can do it by ear

pick with your fingertips for a warmer tone :^)

Play with a pick to not be a fag

read the post i was replying to

Just do what I told you... They're obviously stretching.

Your nut is probably binding a bit. Take a pencil and rub some of the graphite in each slot. This will allow strings to shift more easily forward and back in the slots. If problem persists, take an old string, a wound one of medium gauge like a D string; gently use it to file a bit of material from the sides of each slot to widen them a little. Very small amount here and only side to side. Do not file downwards.

In most cases the graphite alone should be enough.

reminder that playing guitar with a pick is boring and easy

Old strings that are in tune before a bend and instantly out of tune after one are probably not stretching. They're catching on the nut.

The the user who asked, when you're tuning the guitar and you hear a soft PING sound as you tighten a string, that's the nut. Slot too narrow.

Does anyone own a Yamaha Revstar?
I'm tempted to get one with P90's
>pic related

Holy shit! Boiling bass string actually works! I was sceptical and my strings (while old) didn't seem that dirty, but after boiling them for 5 minutes they zing again!

No, but if I had the money, I'd buy one immediately. Spent a couple of hours with the same one you posted and fell in love with it.

when ur shit at playing so you start blaming your equipment

Totally buying a fretless bass because of that reason.

>tfw wanna buy a new guitar
>it won't make a difference cuz i'm bad
feels bad

a cello?

>play bass in a band
>fucking the lead guitarist's gf behind his back

have I overturned the natural order of things?

Im an indie fag who wants a danelectro

does anyone have any experience?

N-no. A fretless bass guitar.

no u r just a bad person

:(

Yeah, stop doing that.

So, I've posted my band in here a couple times and the progress of our album. So we just got a 1st pass back of the 2nd song from the guy who's mixing our recordings. It still has some work to be done, and some lead lines need to cleaned up. But I'm just really excited to show some people.
clyp.it/d1cwbeku

i'm in the exact same situation
most rhythm parts of songs are easy for me to play but the only solo I can (almost) properly play is the trooper solo
i feel like that doesn't justify buying a new guitar

>clyp.it/d1cwbeku
the guitar is mixed a little too loud

diggin the spinal tap vibe though

is ur singer a girl or a guy

I can actually hear the bass in that mix. Refreshing.
Also, I actually really dig this. I wanted to post a snarky remark but I can't really.

>female singer
Prepare for drama down the line :^)

Yeah, I totally agree with that. The singer is a girl though.

Thanks! But for some reason, he likes to add fuzz to the bass in both songs we've gotten back so far. Like in the bridge here, it just sounds kind of out of place.

:^)

Is there even such thing as a band without at least one member bringing pointless drama into it?

I feel like every one of us brings some sort of drama into it so it all evens out.

I should have known better than to post this here.

>he likes to add fuzz to the bass in both songs we've gotten back so far
The sound guy? Or your bassist? Anyway, I can see why you'd do that on the first few bars when it's the bass alone with the drums, it fills out the rest of the frequency spectrum with the fuzz. But once the guitar kicks in the bass is lost in the mix for that portion. You could try EQing the bass differently for that portion, like a more growly mid focused tone. Should serve a similar function without being drowned out when the guitar comes in.
Just a random guys opinion after the first listen though.
Oh and your singer kicks ass.

>selling my Gibby LP on craigslist
>ask 450 cash for it like a reasonable non-jew
>some faggot offers to trade me his Line 6 Spider """"""in mint condition"""""" evenly for my guitar as if he thinks that's a good trade

I could fucking hit somebody right about now.

What comment????

Exactly, male or female it doesn't matter. Musicians in general suck as people and will always bring unneeded shit into a band

You need a thick skin and ignore low ballers like that.

Keep saving and get an OM21 or OM42

My OM 42 is simply the best guitar I've ever played.

The sound guy does. That might be why he's doing it. He's gonna do another pass of it all for us in the next day or so.

Thanks for the listen though! And yeah, she does. She's the epitome of a rock star in a band full of nerds.

this. but it's good for us. it always keeps things interesting. If we've been able to last for nearly 4 years, the majority of that being a shitty cover band, we're on a good track.

they deleted it lol

How long until the tips of my fingers aren't super fucking tender? I practice a couple hours a day and this is agony

A week at the most. Should only be a few days. The more you play, the quicker they'll develop. Just keep at it.