What does Sup Forums think of the Beastie Boys?

What does Sup Forums think of the Beastie Boys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4bvQJpjefE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They never had a bad album.

kind of simplistic but good for when i need to get pumped up. love paul revere

They make better, more interesting hip-hop than black artists.

Licensed to Ill [Def Jam, 1986]

The wisecracking arrogance of this record is the only rock and roll attitude that means diddley right now. With the mainstream claimed by sincere craftspeople and the great tradition of Elvis Presley, Esquerita, Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Sex Pistols, and Madonna sucked into a cultural vacuum by nitwit anarchists and bohemian sourpusses, three white jerkoffs and their crazed producer are set to go platinum-plus with "black" music that's radically original, childishly simple, hard to play, and accessible to anybody with two ears and an ass. Drinking, robbing, rhyming, and pillaging, busting open your locker and breaking your glasses, the Beasites don't just thumb their noses at redeeming social importance--they pull out their jammies and shoot it in the cookie puss. If you don't like the joke, you might as well put your money where your funnybone is and send a check to the PMRC. A+

>A+

Slow down there, Bob. It's a good album but A+ is reaching.

they're good but some fag is inevitably going to claim cultural appropriation

at least they played their own instruments

The group that made Eminem want to pick up a mike when he was 14.

"The thing that struck me about the Beastie Boys was that they dressed and talked just like us kids, just like normal guys you'd see in your neighborhood, and they sang completely about stuff that happened in real life. And they were white, so they proved that white guys could succeed in a black music genre. You didn't need crazy costumes or be able to play an instrument. All you needed was a mike and a turntable."

>some fag is inevitably going to claim cultural appropriation

that fag would be dumb as fuck

Chuck D is constantly singing the praises of License to Ill, NWA used samples off it on Straight Outta Compton... that album is brilliant and loved by old-school black rappers.

i know

i'm talking about retards that feel the need to yell about something when they have nothing better to do

I first heard them on futurama

Funny how him and Christgau said essentially the same thing--the Beastie Boys seemed like a refreshing bit of back-to-the-streets attitude in that era of overblown rock superstars like U2 and Iron Maiden, and they sang about real life instead of nuclear war and monsters descending from space.

>mfw this is real
youtube.com/watch?v=k4bvQJpjefE

Fun but nothing insanely great

Bruce Springsteen had been refreshing back-to-the-streets rock-and-roll in the 70s, but by the 80s he was a jetsetting celebrity who had lost touch with real people and just sang about starving African children and whatever other SJW cause was popular at the time.

this

ive been on a huge beastie boys kick lately. pauls boutique is just as good the 1000th time listening to it as it was first. not surprised they are universally respected

That's just because Christgau's a big believer in back to basics punk rock (or rap) with attitude and a sense of humor. He thinks bands like U2 are too somber and overwrought, however well-intentioned their message is.

He's not wrong. U2 are the most astonishingly boring band of all time.

ok, so nows the part where user finishes the lyric

YOU SHOULD BE WITH ME GIRL YOU SHOULD DROP THAT BUM…

they fucking suck

Sup Forums likes them because they remind Sup Forums of Sup Forums: a bunch of annoying jewish faggots who wish they were black

Vanilla Ice also fucked her.

fucking kill yourself honestly

hey man futurama is great its corny as fuck but i like it (the movies suck though)

t. annoying jewish faggot who wishes he was black

GIRLS

Listen to the 90's albums. They had hardcore, hip hop, and funk songs all on one LP.

Lots of big words for a jewish faggot that wants to be black

I love futurama too but I didn't remember the beastie boys thing.
I like the first 2 movies though.

Correction: I like the 2nd one, the first is meh.

oooo
yea the second one was pretty neat

I liked them better when they where The Young and The Useless!

You don't need any Beastie Boys after Pollywog Stew. (Re-titled Some Old Bullshit! Fuck that rap/hip-hop garbage!)