"D-Disney pays for good reviews, guys."

"D-Disney pays for good reviews, guys."

DELETE THIS

probably disney just throwing a smoke screen to cover up all the other shit they made

>I-it's all part of the conspiracy, even the parts that don't make sense!

why do people see Tim Burton movies when all of them are shit?

>Disney pays online sites and commenters to rip apart The Dark Knight Rises so Avengers is seen as the "best" superhero film of 2012

>Disney has Lego Movie snubbed in 2014 so Big Hero 6 can win since Lego voters would be more interested in capeshit than HTTYD2, Song of the Sea, or Kaguya

>Disney has all mainstream animated movies not named Inside Out snubbed in favor of small animated films that, while great, will not be seen and will be ignored by voters who only care about the big Pixar film

>Disney pays off critics to nit-pick Interstellar so it underperforms in favor of Big Hero 6 which was released the same weekend

>Disney pays off critics to give Star Wars: TFA great reviews despite being trash

>Disney pays hackers to start the Sony e-mail scandal so they can use it to shame Sony enough that they agree to give Spiderman rights back to Marvel

>Disney pays critics to be even harsher to BvS than they normally would be, and give Civil War great reviews while mocking BvS (also it was very top-heavy. CW started with 100% and an average rating of 8.9/10, but as more reviews came in that weren't paid off it fell to 90% and 7.6/10. Not enough to make it seem bad, of course, but certainly showing how top-heavy the first set of reviewers were... sort of like The Force Awakens).

>Fiege supposedly more chummy with Deadpool director than Singer -- Disney pays critics to give Deadpool decent reviews and new X-Men bad reviews so Deadpool director will have more control and sway in convincing Fox to sell X-Men and Fantastic Four rights back to Disney in time for the post-Infinity Wars phase

you have to go back

>hating on Burton
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

didn't read lol fag

>Disney has Lego Movie snubbed in 2014 so Big Hero 6 can win since Lego voters would be more interested in capeshit than HTTYD2, Song of the Sea, or Kaguya

Disney literally intentionally buried The Wind Rises (since they had the american rights) so that Frozen could win the oscar.

obviously they have to let some of the shit slip through the cracks to avoid suspicion

>first one made a billion on mediocre reviews
not a priority

The issue of a company "buying" good reviews is an interesting one. It's been suspected for a long time, but only lately have the people here on the chan begun to seriously believe it. The rest of the internet will follow our suit, as they always do. It is up to us if we lead them down the right path.
Could a company as big as Disney buy the integrity of critics? Unquestionably. Nobody is denying that. But the question is.. would they need to?
Disney bought Marvel a few years back, and they have consistently produced movies of high caliber since. Again. Nobody is denying this.

The "Disney bys reviews" accusation came into light with the advent of BvS. The film was panned, and people began pointing the finger. Even we did, we acted like mindless sheep. Would Disney ever buy critics to negatively review rival films?

Th implications are too dark. I beg of you, dear channers, drop the issue. I adore Marvels films, and pursuing this trend will only lead to destroying what we love.

When this is all over, we can all sit down and watch Disney's 2006 classic anime, Uncle Buck.

Oh, and Vote Bernie please!

>every other non Marvel capeshit getting trashed
>the only non Marvel movie getting stellar reviews is from a director that is on Feige's good graces and the movie is literally a edgier MCU movie
>already influencing their Jungle Book to be the beloved one so the Serkin one flops embarrassingly
>B-BUT GUYS LOOK THIS ONE MOVIE NO ONE WANTED OR GAVE A FUCK ABOUT IS GETTING BAD REVIEWS!!

The first Alice in Wonderland made over a billion dollars. 'the fuck are you talking about?

I think it will be clear that they pay reviews if SS ends up rotten.

Especially those parts

most movie goers don't read reviews

I work in a marketing & media buying department (as in purchasing ad spots) for a fairly large company, granted it isn't tv/film related but the similar aspect applies.

I don't believe anyone "buys" good reviews at any point, not even Disney - but I do believe good reviews can and most likely are extremely heavily influenced by advertising deals.

Since Disney is extremely large it will make financial sense for larger publishers who have huge advertising deals to favour corporations like disney with good reviews in hand.

Afterall lets say Disney runs an ad campaign/PR campaign (look like articles/reviews but will have a paid tag) on a major newspaper.
If that newspaper then gave them a shit review for the film they are advertising in the same newspaper it is 100% definite Disney will not consider the paper as highly for future advertisements as the review inside would have damaged the impact and conversion rate of the viewers of the ad seeing the review.

If Disney were to pull the plug on future campaigns the publishing house would not only miss out on some inflated bucks from charging Disney but also the prestige and viewership that comes from their associated high quality ad campaigns - thus they will be inclined to more likely influence their writers to write a positive review.

If Disney were to simply outright buy reviews it would have been noticed a long time ago, after all writers for major publications do tend to have their own followers and not only that if a really great review is given for a shit film all their coworkers and friends would be suspicious as fuck and find out that bucks were involved.

I was shitposting fuck off don't ever say that comment again luckyboy

>tfw I actually really like Carroll
>tfw I see people online excited for this film
>tfw the first one was vomit inducing and this will be no better
>tfw all the wit and charm of the books has been replaced by generic Burton shit

>IM2-3, Thor, Ant-Man, AoU, Guardians certified fresh
with bias like that they don't need to pay for shit

He did an smart comment, you should try to do one in the future.

>ant-man
>80%

See the average scores.

>approximately accurate scores that agree with audience ones
>meanwhile shitty Disney movies like OP and Tomorrowland are rightly panned
Face it, conspiracy theorists are getting BTFO here

Ant-Man was fucking awesome. Easily the only good MCU movie.

The final fight was probably the most genuinely creative, fun thing the MCU has done.

The final fight was great, the subatomic scene was a beautiful use of CGI, but the rest was so-so.

they used up their shilling budget on MCU

This. I say this as someone who vehemently hates capeshit - Ant Man was entertaining as hell.

>tfw the post I made a couple days ago has become someone else's pasta

Wew what a time to be alive.

Damn.

Funny too, since Lasseter apparently disliked "Lilo and Stitch" which came out the same year as "Spirited Away", which he really went all out for pushing towards the Oscar.

Not that the Academy made the wrong decision -- in this case they did even though I do love L&S -- but I think it shows the power Lasseter has with the Academy and how he has basically turned into the Harvey Weinstein of animation.

Also how rotten do you think Chris Sanders feels? He made a good Disney film that was the best American animated film of that year, and had it come out today the retarded voters would have chosen it over Spirited Away. Just think, a couple of years after the fact he could have a little statuette.

Guardians is solid, albiet a bit overrated, but yeah the fact that at the very least Thor 2, Iron Man 2, and Age of Quiptron are fresh is fishy.

Then again The Force Awakens has a fucking 92% so what the fuck do I know?

Tim Burton is way past his prime, his last good movie was Sweeney Todd and hasn't made a good movie since. I heard Big Eyes was good but I haven't seen it

This crap doenst need good reviews
The original amde it alls money overseas
The budget for this oen is way lower too
Disney knows what theyre doing

>internet and normies catching on
>Disney rubs hands in furious anxiety
>"Oy vey the goyim know, we might have to shut it down!"
>suddenly idea
>see Burton's Alice coming out
>remember critics shit on it before -- back in the days before you were actively bribing them
>company had little hopes in it being critically acclaimed anyway
>also it is a movie made by an actual film director with his own, unique vision as opposed to yes-men television directors who will do whatever executives tell them to
>hurt Burton -- no longer have to deal with an actual film director
>did the same to Brad Bird, who now must be banished back to the gulag of animation as punishment for thinking he could be an artist under the disney name
>did same to Gore Verbanski -- quirky filmmaker whose animated film was the only one since Ratatouille to win the Oscar without being produced by Disney
>focus energy on making more assembly line films
>revenge
>now you have another film to throw under the bus as "proof" you don't pay off critics

marvel should stop paying reviewers otherwise Alice 2 would had a 10% rotten tomatoe score

I read.

he's right.
you're making me sad for all directors listed. Let's hope Disney stays far and away from Incredibles 2..

>The guy behind this is directing 22 Men Jump in Black

I liked the first remake just fine, if nothing it was visually stunning and that's half the battle right there

might just have a soft spot for the alice in wonderland world though

So TDKR is now an underrated gem panned by paid critics

What a time to be alive

This board is getting dumber and dumber each day

Have you been online in the past few years?

TDKR has been perhaps the single most nit-picked, mocked, derided film that I've ever seen.

Sure the RT score is still high, but everything since then has been a constant barrage of mockery and disdain.

Yeah man. Look at these stellar reviews.

>Thor 77% 6.7 avg
>Thor 2 66% 6.2 avg
>Hulk 67% 6.2 avg
>Iron Man 2 72% 6.5 avg
>Iron Man 3 79% 7 avg
>Ultron 75% 6.7 avg
>Capt 80% 6.9 avg
>Antman 80% 6.9 avg

take off your tinfoil hat retard

>conspiracy theories
>about animated oscars

Most judges admitted they didn't even see every nominee, and they just voted for what their kid liked

You seem to be ignoring that most people don't give a shit about the average rating.

They only see if a film is 'fresh' or if it is 'rotten.' Don't matter how low the Tomatometer is so long as it stays red and avoids green.

Except most MCU fans would tell that the Thor movies are meh and that Iron Man sequels are disappointing (with many saying 3 is terrible). Hardly anybody gives a fuck about the Hulk reboot. That is not too different from press opinion.

audience scores are inflated with fake accounts, it's public knowledge

They're also deflated with fake accounts, works both ways

Most of the MCU films that get average ratings get average audience scores. You're telling Disney buys average reviews?

Has it ever across to you faggots that the DC movies are just bad films or rather that the press genuinely didn't like them? Or would you prefer to think that anyone that disagrees with you is a paid shill?

The fact is that you give a positive review to a mediocre film but if you said something grindingly awful like Alice was "good" you'd lose any cred you might have a critic

The force awakens could easily been seen as a soulless rehash of new hope but instead critics said it was "classic Star Wars"

They're great shows.

This is why Marvel works--everyone has an opinion, some they love, some they don't. You're all in on the universe and it's glorious.

Without the fake accounts, the average scores would be rotten scores

However, there are MCU films like Thor 2 that have audience ratings almost the same as BVS, but are still "fresh" rated.

Kevin Fiege please leave.

You know these accounts to be fake why? Or do you just assume they are fake because there is no way someone could have a differing opinion unless they are paid shills.

I saw the trailer at the cinema and I was really confused

What does Alice have to do with Sopranos?

>Disney hired Yakuza assassins to murder up-and-coming animators of rival studios
>Disney has Dreamworks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg's daughter held in an underground facility as collateral should the company challenge Disney's dominance
>Disney has specially-trained labrador retrievers stationed outside the homes of major critics, ready to strike at any who give a Disney animated feature a "rotten" rating without Disney's express permission

le ebin gotta let them slip through the cracks maymay xD