youtube.com/watch?v=kBlkEriXQCo
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69303059#p69343028
youtube.com/watch?v=AONr6kuuINo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UaftUVt7JI
youtu.be/ZAiKgFzyBdk?t=22m46s
youtube.com/watch?v=ri5F633xSsY
youtube.com/watch?v=yhnkD7YxJ1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think the name's supposed to say "noise pop" not "noise rock".

Anyway, here's the best /shugazi/ chart.

>trips and I leek the new Kairon; IRSE!

It's ok. Enough to get me interested in the next album but in the way that I'm hoping that's one of the weaker tracks and not the best it has to offer. I can still hear the bass line in this silent room though so that's something neat.

Why must Slowdive be the greatest band of all time yet the rest of shoegaze is trash?

I'm bored i wanna have a listenalong or some shit soon

What I liked about Dying was how intense and droney it was, not too sure I'm into this single after the first listen. Kind of sounds like they went for unsettling but it just came out awkward. I'll give it another listen later on and see if my opinion changes.

Garbage

How could Slowdive be the greatest band if only two of their three full-length albums are actually enjoyable?

Im assuming you're trashing Pygmalion. :^)

How can at least "Crazy For You" and "Blue Skied An' Clear" not be enjoyable?

I like this one a bit more.

Souvlaki and Pygmalion?'

I'd say so.

So is magpie or whoever going to update this? Cause it says 1.0...

I always thought Just For a Day was super underrated, I even prefer it to Souvlaki. It has a slightly "gazier" sound throughout while some parts of Souvlaki feel a little too stripped down and clean.

i'm assuming it's probably one of the weaker ones. they'll prob be some heavier cuts on this for sure

Just for a Day always felt so plainly dramatic and idk, I guess the walls of sound just felt less nuanced. Could never get into it.
The other two are so much more expressive

spectres sure are a bunch of edgy boys but that's ok

the biggest crime of all shoegaze threads ever is the lack of moose. the term literally first applied to them first i believe, and to top it off NO ONE EVER talks about honey bee. which is twice as better than xyz and while im so happy that people talk about it because it has some of my favorite shoegaze tunes on it, it's just that honey bee is an all around 10/10 record with no filler at all.

best original shoegaze bands;

my bloody valentine > moose > everything else

Does this belong here?

Some intense dreamy rock with shoegaze influences:

The Duke Spirit - Red and Yellow Light
youtu.be/-_Sk3lezyJc

i don't have a picture of sea when absent so I'm posting this but why is minor keys such a terrible track off sea when absent? the rest is so good, why is it there?

mbv > chapterhouse > *

chapterhouse deserves all the britpop hate that ride gets.

>britpop hate that ride gets
Way to invalidate your post with a dumb Montie-tier meme

Ever listened to Still Corners?
Band is made of a couple hipster fucks, a couple normies, and a qt. Their first couple albums are great dream pop, but their most recent one is uninspired synthpop. Try Strange Pleasures, the first track is a good indicator of the whole album.

youtube.com/watch?v=aQJuGKT7mAw

What's the most krautrock/kosmische inspired shoegaze album/artist? Basically stuff like Cluster, although I wouldn't mind something like Yuri Gagarin either. I've been browsing the charts but but I couldn't find anything too similar from a cursory listen.

> Sup Forums says they hate Whirr because of the musical content
> implying they aren't just buttmad that they don't support men in women's clothing

Whirr go away, if you ever actually write anything that isn't entirely forgettable I promise I'll give you money for it but you have to take time away from being a meme to focus on that.

people like whirr tho
and also they're not even transphobic, they're just edgy
and also if anyone thinks they're bad, it cause the listened to the albums and not the EPs, which are much more distinct mood-wise.

Only a minority of shugazi hate whirr and that's the ones who leaked from tumblr. They still can't recover from social media drama.The whirr is bad meme is dead. They've always been our boys.

also whirr will always hold a special place to me cause distressor was the first shoegaze i listened to

i don't think they leaked from tumblr, they just didn't hear about them before the drama and they're massive plebs who let gossip inform their opinions

Yeah that makes more sense. Regardless of where they came from, it still bothers me that they can't form an opinion on the music without the influence of what happened on twitter and facebook..

Please leak BB. I have Ujubasajuba record preordered, but not the new one. I currently have the flu and drank half a bottle of medicine and I NEED TO HEAR IT.

wtach this

Dude, love that Whirr/Nothing split they did.

Trips for your soul

Its fine, Things They Do to Me is worse.

The middle bit of the album is definitely the weakest.

I heard of Whirr when they originally made waves on Sup Forums and I have to say Distressor is great but their full lengths are really nothing special.

People say DIIV is krautrock inspired, but I haven't listened to them.

bumpin

Fuck blackgaze bullshit

mayne fuck you mayne

I've been seeing the Verve brought up in a bunch of Brit-pop thread lately, are they not considered shoegaze anymore? And if they're Brit-pop, then why isn't Chapter House or Ride being stolen by them too?

pretty sure verve went britpop after the first album, then got famous off that sound.
ride also went britpop, but they're not important for that.
idk about chapterhouse.

i have a gift for you, /shugaze/

Ain't my fault you don't know shit about bm

hip

Whirr is generally liked here I thought. their EP distressor i remember got posted a lot here back in the day.

Nice cop, friendo

tasty

is this the new "japgaze r shite" shitpost

youtube.com/watch?v=kBlkEriXQCo

I feel like these lads are pretty overlooked desu

if you hate third wave post-rock, disregard

goji-sanpun album where

someone actually uploaded it a couple threads ago

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69303059#p69343028

nice, thanks user

YOU ARE ALL DOING YOURSELVES A MASSIVE DISSERVICE IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THIS ASAP

mbv has a flute, ride had harmonica, what did slowdive have?

Brian Eno

That's not a flute you know.

t. poseur

SWAY IS THE BEST FUCKING NUGAZE ALBUM OF THIS DECADE EASILY

also fuck spectres for making that song with a fucking 2 minute noise intro. they aren't good enough musicians to make that even remotely interesting

Yeah but they did have a flute player live

>nobody talks about moose

its their own fault for having the most vague name of all time

>what did slowdive have?

Nothing, because they proved on their own to be better than any other shoegaze band. :^)

I'd reckon Strange Pleasures is their only good album desu.

Chris Ott would like to have a word with you.

pupu

>2 minute noise intro
which one is that

just Whirr's 2 songs on their Whirr/Nothing split alone are wayyy way better than their album material

Hey is there any empty depressed industrial sounding shoegaze? Something that isn't too excessive with the walls of sound but has the atmosphere built by guitar?

Pygmalion and Ask Me Tomorrow?

An Arabesque by Cloudland Canyon maybe

youtube.com/watch?v=AONr6kuuINo

Have you checked out the new Klimt 1918 - Sentimentale Jugend? I like it a lot. Mixture of Shoegaze and "dirty Dream Pop".

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UaftUVt7JI

I noticed last thread there was a fair bit of hate getting thrown at Nothing. I really liked Tired of Tomorrow, it's not amazing but it's got some quality songwriting, and I'm not sure I why the hate. Thoughts?

where can i find more of that stuff?

Nothing's just has that kind of throwback 90s grunge sound that doesn't really play on the strengths of their shoegaze elements.

>dots everywhere
reeeee

Thanks for the input. I've found some stuff to my liking since then, but I'll check these out as well.

Is the Distressor cover supposed to be all blurry? I'm really picky with high res covers so it's annoying.

Something like this maybe? Not really what you're looking for genre-wise, but it should work in terms of atmosphere.

youtu.be/ZAiKgFzyBdk?t=22m46s

lets see

bruh, nothing tops Distressor in their whole discog though

bump

Jesu

fuckin slowdive anyway

Seriously listen to it

Anyone know any songs/albums with a similar vibe to Blown a Wish?
It's the perfect fusion of mbv's sound and slowdive's dreaminess.
Lorelei and Cherry Coloured Funk are the best two i can come up with.

Post whatcha got so far

Giving it a listen now.

So that new JAMC song isn't very good.

Landing - Oceanless
A Beautiful Machine - Home
Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand

People who know their genres better would probably say those sound nothing like krautrock, but I get a similar kind of experience when listening. I'm still new to shoegaze so I can't really articulate what I'm after properly.

JAMC haven't been good since psychocandy

I have two different ideas
youtube.com/watch?v=ri5F633xSsY
youtube.com/watch?v=yhnkD7YxJ1s

I can't stop listening to it.

anyone know any songs/albums similar to this? especially the second track. so layered and upbeat and noisy but totally continuous

not sure what you were expecting pal

What's the deal with the supposed Have a Nice Life shows that are happening in the future? Dan keeps alluding to ticket preorders but there's no information otherwise

I thought Dan thought HANL sucks live.