What are your plans for when the Yellowstone caldera erupts?

what are your plans for when the Yellowstone caldera erupts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print/2009/08/yellowstone/achenbach-text
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera#Volcanism
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_volcanic_eruptions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, I live in Montana, so: Die.

I plan on taking out a few niggers

Netflix and chill

fuckin a random hole in the ground. im going in real deep. about 2 inches deep.
>>love me Sup Forums

i live in illinois so i should be good

Where at? I'm in the flathead and it seems like we'd be not great by okay

I'm in the northeast, am I ok?

well I'm pretty close to it soo. probably die, but not like the rest of the world wouldnt die from it anyways. send us into another iceage and block out the sun

All good in the 614

You'll free from the winter

You are aware of the size of the caldera and your proximity to it in Illynoice, right? Virtually half the contiguous states would be cinders.

i live in nj so should be good from the blast but a volcanic winter would suck

I have an extra blanket for the nuclear winter it will cause

When it erupts it'll take out half the country. The fire and heat, ash, lava, etc. would finish the other half. Then the smoke would create a nuclear winter to which all plants would die and then all animals. No matter what you do, you are fucked

oh shit nigga I'm safe but never imagined it would be that huge.

I would get the fuck out of there if I lived near there

>be me
>Maryland

...The cold isn't what gets you, retard. It's that whole "continent-wide famine" thing that tends to be a bit trickier.

They'll find your horribly warped skeleton laying in your rascal, delicately cradling a package of double stuffed oreos like it was a rosary

resettle the worlds muslims in that red zone

build a wall

wait

trumps real plan for the wall...

not on the same continent, retard. Will need my blanky when the shy is overcast for a few years, arnotts are better than shit tier oreos.

Same here. Feels good to live

>nuclear winter
>retard

doesnt matter what continent. the sun will be blocked out and you wont have enough food to sustain multiple years of having no sun to grow food fuck tard

What Canadian cities would it fuck up

To be fair, that's how they're gonna find him anyway.

I'm in the secondary zone, not sure if I'm fucked or not.

B.C., Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario would all be hit with secondary ash

>retard

Shet

Jesus not even the same user but shut the fuck up dude

If that thing goes off, the whole planet is a secondary ash zone.

they will find you with a broken back from desperately trying to blow yourself before you died

>jesus
>retard

Im in indiana going to drive 2 hours to grandparents house. Whole family agreed meet up point.
>There house is so fucking ready for the apocalypse
>Enough guns and ammo to kill full nigger army

Doesn't matter where you live in the US. The eruption would fuck up the global climate so badly there would be famine due to dead crops and livestock.

Dubs of truth.

I live near San Antonio, im good. Maybe the ash will cause a cooler summer.

Yah really cool and a bit dark

I'll get a trial kit for Proactive.

so is there no way to solve this shit?
no way for scientists to somehow fuck the volcano so we dont have to deal with it?

that's an extremely conservative estimate.
what I've heard about it from smart people is that the primary ash zone would cover the entire US, and the secondary ash zone would be the western hemisphere at a minimum.
yellowstone caldera is really big.
really big

Literally on the very fucking edge of the second ash zone in IL ( different user) so... I'll go so some family down south I guess. Or I make enough money, I'll go to Alaska. Nothing but snow there.

keep it up

Post volcanic STALKING when?

>implying we can't just import food from other countries for a couple years
The US is the wealthiest country on the planet. Importing extra food for a couple years to compensate for the downturn in domestic agricultural production wouldn't be too difficult. Prices would go up for a while, but we'd be fine in the long run. Simple foods like wheat and soy are cheap and easy to import.

Good. All the Jew states will be destroyed. You fags should here colours by group love.

nerds of Sup Forums, scientifically, what would be our best defence against the eruption if it were to happen?

>retard
Fucking retard.

Well, if it goes as big as they think it did last time, we're looking at a planetary extinction event. So probably die with everthing else.

If it just burps a little, about as bad as Mt. St. Helens did, then I'm fine in the 937

lol great, we'll get rid of all the shit states.

Volconologists here Iv done threads on b ask me anything fags

Catching a Groudon.

California fags what will you do if long valley erupts?

Mass feaths of insects leads to mass death all the way up the food chain. The entire earth would reel from an event of this magnitude. You think the rest of the world would just keep churning out food, willy nilly?

>Each time, the whole planet would have felt the effects. Gases rising high into the stratosphere would have mixed with water vapor to create a thin haze of sulfate aerosols that dimmed sunlight, potentially plunging the Earth into years of "volcanic winter." According to some researchers, the DNA of our own species may pay witness to such a catastrophe around 74,000 years ago, when a supervolcano called Toba erupted in Indonesia. The ensuing volcanic winter may have contributed to a period of global cooling that reduced the entire human population to a few thousand individuals—a close shave for the human race.

>ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print/2009/08/yellowstone/achenbach-text

Mobilize the military to carry out a massive evacuation of all the danger zones as quickly as possible, then organize a massive government relief program to relocate survivors to new homes as well as economic stimulus to prevent the economy from collapsing.

I'm in Cali

What happens when the bread basket of America is covered in ash and out food supply is fucked.

The last time the Yellowstone Caldera erupted was 70,000 years ago. Humans were around at that time and the geological record doesn't indicate any mass extinction around that time period, so your assessment of its impact is obviously exaggerated.

well thats expected but i meant something we could do to prevent, slow or minimize the damages it would cause.

See

Iv studied the bishop tuff. It can be found from east in San Diego to bishop, this shit is no joke these volcanos are like when you have Mexican food and haven't shit in a day. The explosiveness is violent

Be thankful I live on the East coast, where there actually is a god

Chilling in a coffin cause ill be long dead

Isn't the earliest evidence of humans in north merica only goes back from like 25,000 yrs ago. There was no oral account of Yellowstone goin off from any Native American tribe or written account. But natives did wintness the crater lake eurption

Not really. I mean if you want to get sci-fi about it then we could talk about the feasibility of building giant nets to capture all the ash and ejecta, but realistically I don't think there's really anything we could do to stop the physical damage.

there were far fewer humans and far less understanding of how to survive...
It would be bad, but survivable.

>Literally half of North America blows up
>the human population is easily 10,000 fold larger than 70k years ago
>I'm exaggerating the implications of that by presuming mass death

Oh, and I didn't say shit about extinction, I said death. Quit putting words in my mouth to strengthen your baseless arguement

isnt there any way to ease the pressure in the area? wouldnt that help since theres is less force on the rocks above and on the magma?

"Brittle Plastic"? Wait, so Nature CAN make plastic by itself? Then what the fuck are humans even around for?

Damnit Carlin, you lied to me.

There weren't humans in North America at that time, but there were in other parts of the world. The implication I was responding to was that agricultural production all over the world would be seriously effected, which I think is an exaggeration.

Ejecta will only be taken into account with your aproxment distince to the caldera. Is there any accounts of bombs or lipid ejecta 200-300 miles away from the caldera?

>plans
I stopped giving a shit many years ago

A global temperature drop would be highly likely if we look back at other volcanoes we have on record. One well known event: Krakatoa 1883 VEI (Volcanic Explosivity Index) - reduced worldwide temperatures by an average of 1.2°C for 5 years.

The last VEI 8 (Super-volcanic) event to occur was the Oruanui eruption 26,500 years ago.

Krakatoa 1883 VEI 6. *

>Implying non-human wildlife wouldn't also be effected by anything that effects human agriculture
Any event that causes enough damage to the Earth's environment to seriously hinder human agricultural activity will inevitably cause mass extinctions among natural wildlife. The geological record shows that nothing of the sort occurred the last time Yellowstone erupted. This isn't rocket science.

I argue that the ancient native who would hunt, kill, butcher, and eat his own food nightly all while survivng with the barest of technology to sustain him (fire, a sharp rock) would have a far easier time survivng a cataclysm than this most recent generation, who are faily getting hit by cars staring at their phones because they can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

The only thing humans have directly in their favor now is a global infrastructure that disseminates information damn near instantly.

So on that front, we agree. Survivable, but bad. Really, really bad.

Bottle plastic or moho is just the transition zone between uppermantle and crust. The high heat and pressure allows this area to become brittle And flexible as you would

I live in the very bottom of Texas bordering Mexico, I think I'll be fine.
But if the valcano doesn't kill me the TacoNiggers will

Considering that I live in the state directly below Wyoming, probably suffocate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera#Volcanism
"The U.S. Geological Survey, University of Utah and National Park Service scientists with the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory maintain that they 'see no evidence that another such cataclysmic eruption will occur at Yellowstone in the foreseeable future.'"

Got any eyewitness accounts of the grandiosity of that blast? For all you know, it was a burp, and nothing more. I'm banking on full on projectile vomiting this time around.

Also, this isn't ANY kind of science, because you can't be bothered to cite a source, you fucking child.

Either attempt to substantiate your claims or shut up.

No shit I'm in bozeman.

Oh yeah, that's a thing isn't it? I guess I should move a bit more northwest. Colorado or something should suffice. Tired of Louisiana anyway.

Pinotubo was a 6 St. Helens was a 4-5

I'm proud of Sup Forums tonight this has been the most interesting, quality thread I have seen in a while that has also been cancer free

cancels out global warming
fucks America off the map
reduces world population

win win win

Maybe if you moved enough rock away from the area around the Caldera to reduce the weight of the tectonic plate on that region, but that would require moving massive amounts of rock to have any noticeable effect. I just don't think it's economically feasible, especially since the chance of the Caldera erupting within our lifetimes is less than one in a thousand.

chill

I wonder how harmful the sound of the explosion would be

ever heard of a shockwave?

Watch the tv and get bored with Americans acting like they have the only volcano in the world. Then probably go buy lots of tinned food because things that happen in the US tend to affect/get forced on the rest of the world, unfortunately.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_volcanic_eruptions
Pic your poison there everywhere

No I mean the actual sound, the decibels of the explosion.

south california, itd prob trigger the san andreas somehow, and id either eay be fucking ded

Lol no it depends on the magma chamber my friend and yellow stone has a fatty one

georgia ok?

No it won't

>I'm banking on full on projectile vomiting this time around
>this isn't ANY kind of science, because you can't be bothered to cite a source
You literally just admitted that your predictions are nothing but speculation and then criticized me for not citing a source. Hypocrisy at its finest.