ITT: musicians who were/are admirable people for reasons outside of their musical abilities

ITT: musicians who were/are admirable people for reasons outside of their musical abilities

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TMwWf4xsRm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She's showing everyone out there that you can still function and live your life even when struggling with PTSD

She's showing everyone out there that you can still function and live your life even when struggling with PTSD

(Forgot picture)

he basically just worked for the other soldiers. it's not like he was in active duty

Honest to god he has such a face for showbiz that he doesn't even look like he's a soldier, moreso in a halloween costume

youtube.com/watch?v=TMwWf4xsRm4

Not true. He forewent being in Special Services where he could have just performed shows for the other soldiers and lived in priority housing and decided instead to be a regular soldier.

charles dindu nuffin

Mike Scalzi from Slough Feg is a professor at some college in California.

Natalia O'Shea (Melnitsa, Xelavisa, and Clann Lir) has a PhD I think, teaches at some universities occasionally, and has written several academic papers.

Not sure if they're necessarily "admirable" but teaching is admirable I guess.

What the hell does she have PTSD from? Was she raped or something?

Yes, psychologically, which is even worse.

Unless you've been a woman in a world controlled by men then there isn't even any point in explaining it to you.

Just a really nice guy

she at least demonstrates that they can pretend

Frank Zappa. He fought censorship laws, the PMRC, he was very outspoken politically, he was pro-autodidact, he was an unofficial American ambassador to Chezkoslovakia, and he actively tried to get more people to exercise their right to vote. Those are just off the top of my head.

He was also against drug use and recognized the harmful effects of aspartame before it became publicly known.
Are you saying that she was raped psychologically?

easy

he said his lifes work didn't matter on his death bed

maybe she were cuckolded

No; he was debatably a pedophile.

literally every rock star had sex with 15-16 year old groupies

you're actually right. probably 80% of his fans are high schoolers who appreciate him solely for having cool tshirts and giving off an edgy vibe.

I think his acting is fucking hilarious and he should be in more movies

he just said stupid shit sometimes his life's work is definitely worth something to the people he inspired and musicians he created

qwe

>FIX YOUR FUCKIN' FACE

His banter is hilarious too.

Fun fact: I work with Bono's daughter's best friend's cousin.

She got raped when she was 19.

For pissing in Duchamp's Fountain?

This is actually believable

It's true lol

My cousins half irish

Once saved a 4 year old girl from a car accident and visited her in hospital during her recovery.

He had a lot of problems outside of that, but that's pretty commendable

Elvis Presley fucked 14 year old girls and abused the shit out of prescription drugs while claiming to be anti-drug.

neat

Crime is viewed more as just simple misfortune over here in northern Europe/Russia. Or it used to, to a greater extent at least.

That's how traditionally it was in this part of the world.
We don't have a crazy evangelical fundamentalist society like with burgerland that's all based around blame, sin and guilt or whatever.

If you showed Varg's photo to someone here and told them he'd killed a guy their reaction would probably be something like "Oh, is he a nice guy?".

So there's nothing stigmatizing or controversial about posting Varg's photo. Crime is handled extremely dryly and acceptingly in our culture.
At least in comparison to the banal outrage of American society/media.

I dunno why people are trying to make him a meme aside from his music, but it's really fucking stupid.

>always donates money to charities
>founded an establishment where people without financial means can develop their artistic talents and get a better chance in life
>told all jews in the crowd to fuck off from his concert

>and abused the shit out of prescription drugs while claiming to be anti-drug

The thing about that is he didn't understand the connection. He was addicted to prescription drugs and he thought it was ok to take them since they were prescribed by a doctor and not from the streets. Basically, he thought any drug coming from a doctor would be helpful to him and perfectly safe. He was also anti-drug because he thought all the psychedelic stuff from the 60's was bad and whatever (that wave of associated music killed his career).

He's basically positivity incarnate.

ODB also used to take a limo to pick up his welfare check.

That's pretty admirable in my book

>told all jews in the crowd to fuck off from his concert

What?

It's just an urban legend
He actually told the Catholics to fuck off

this fat piece of shit was admirable for his ability bang a lot of underage chicks, wasn't he?

These blokes cornered me in an alleyway when I visited Manchester. I figured they'd kick me in the cock an steal me wallet but they gave me a fag and we went to a pub together. Nice lads, those Autechres.

Seconding.

t. everyone in Ireland