Honest question to Spaniards and Portuguese, when was the last time you've seen a Moor?

Honest question to Spaniards and Portuguese, when was the last time you've seen a Moor?
Are they common or rare?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morisco
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozarabs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's a moor?
I never knew if it was a black man or a (dark) arab like from morocco.

It's an Arab/Berber from north Africa in Iberia

Every time they look in the mirror

>leaf

ok, why do people refer to portugal as moortugal and post black portuguese people then?

Because Memes.

There are many Moroccan immigrants here, it's not hard to spot some.

If you mean >le ebin Iberians are Arabs meme xDxDxD, I'm sorry to tell you that those original Muslims from the Middle Ages were expelled in the early 1600s.

I'm not saying Iberians are Arabs, I said it's Arabs living in Iberia.
Like Beurs in France for example.

Then it's mostly Moroccans and Lebanese. They run some businesses in my neighbourhood, like fruit shops and cafés. Lebanese tea is god tier.

en la zona que anduve yo, los locutorios eran todos de marroquies, un asquito la verdad.

Are the Lebs christian?

es negocio para extranjeros, ningun español quiere estar 24-7 con moros latinos rumanos y negros
las cibersalas murieron en los 2000's, ahora todo el que quiere tiene ordenador en casa

Genuine Moor impossible rare.
But tanned Portuguese with some Arabic looking is fairly easy to see in some place, like villages in the south .

But only woman was allowed to live after reconquista, and inquisition remove every single trace of other Islamic tradition that naturally could exist in some place's .

We have a moor influence in stuff like names of ingredients they brought here, sailing etc .

Serious a pretty decent invader, that had to go

portugese

portuguese girl

Do they teach about their history in school or is it just skipped?
The background is depressing

if by moor you mean muslim I haven't seen one in weeks since school vacations started but there are 3 families in the village where I live.

We have barely any muslims here

I don't think so. I guess Lebanese Christians prefer France, since they are basically French.

I'm from the south (namely Alentejo), i'm fairly brown skinned in the summer (although less and less every year), i don't need suncream when i'm at the beach.

Am i a moor anons?

Post hands

I see them everyday so yes , they are very common or at least here.

Never saw one.Muslims in Lisboa which I don't live in are mostly bengali/indian.We don't have north african muslims only spain(morrocans) and france(algerians)

Here you go.
Its winter so i'm fairly white now.

>winter

I bet it's sunny and 15°

so... winter in here...

That's still pretty warm desu

Its rainy and 12º actually.

>Do they teach about their history in school or is it just skipped?
Al-Andalus history is a massive part of what we study in school.

And the rhetoric is that it was basically a muslim Spain, in fact, by the 10th century, most muslims in Al-Andalus were local converted Iberians (muladis) and not Arabs or Berbers. When we expelled the muslims from Iberia, we also expelled a lot of locals whose ancestors just happened to convert to Islam. A lot of them converted back to christianism before that, though. We expelled the Jews much before the Muslims, but they kept revolting and supporting the Berber and Ottoman piratery so a massive expulsion of Muslims was based on that pretext in the early 1600's.

>In Islamic history muwalladun designates in a broader sense non-Arab Muslims or the descendants of converts. In the Muslim-ruled parts of the Iberian Peninsula, parts of the indigenous until-then Christian population (basically a mixture of the pre-Roman peoples of the Iberian Peninsula, ancient Romans, Visigoths and Suebi) converted to Islam in the 8th and 9th centuries. In the 10th century a massive conversion of Christians took place, so that muladies comprised the majority of the population of Al-Andalus by the century's end. However, the majority of Muwallads had embraced Islam early, but retained many pre-Islamic customs and characteristics.

Its cold when compared to the summer where temperatures usually go past 40ºC where i live.

In Portugal we go from:
Prehistory-egyptians-greeks-romans-lusitanians(viriato)-visigoths/suebi-county of portucale.
We don't talk about the invasion of the moors in 711,we just start of with the creation of the county of portugal in 868 and we are left to assume what happened inbetween 711-868.
Pretty funny desu.
We talk about our skirmishes with the moors and etc but we don't talk about the invasion of the moors.

Yesterday I guess. There's a tea house in my neighborhood where you can smoke water pipes and there's also a muslim butcher's shop, both run by moors so it isn't too rare to walk into them for me.

Some days ago, a jihadist walking factory. Latinos and black are more common (or easier to spot).

>i don't need suncream when i'm at the beach

Nigga, I got a fucking redneck suburn in England last april...

i'm whiter user
>carthagain master race

>lusitanians(viriato)

It's funny because modern portuguese have nothing to do with those people considering the reconquista was started by the descendants of the gallaeci.

>when was the last time you've seen a Moor?
See them daily or at least once a week
>Are they common
Yes.
>Are they human garbage?
Obviously

Am I white?Please don't hurt me.

post dick

for us is anything that is muslim.

Arabs? Moors.
Berbers? Moors.
Muslim niggers? Moors.
Muslim chinks? Moors.

So basically, moor = muslim

That's true but half of our country is in lusitania region.
We're Gallaecia+Lusitania
And Suebi + Visigoth

>40 celsius
Meu deus.

Weren't white Muslims in Iberia called Moriscos?

No.Moriscos were converted muslims.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morisco
Mozarabs were the white muslims.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozarabs

Thanks for the info.