"If God is all powerful, he cannot be all good. And if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful."

"If God is all powerful, he cannot be all good. And if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful."

Oh but he can if evil only gets power from
Him.

Get the fuck out of here, Snyder

God created Satan on purpose, out of boredom.

Dumb quote

And who says god is all powerful? Who says he created us? What if he is just a powerful ascended humanoid with compassion for others.

So then, what exactly created us? Or if he's a humanoid demigod, what created him?

I liked this Lex. I don't know why people hated him so much.

Science

They say because he deviated from the comic book Lex too much.

Why did they make Luthor such a cringey autistic fag?

if god created man, who created god?

Oh well I'm not a comicfag. I just thought it was an interesting take. And no one will ever beat Gene Hackman's interpretation so may as well switch it up.

>believing in god
cucked

Shitty answer/10

What if God's a nigger.....

Because it was different and pretty interesting. Did you really wanna see someone try and copy Hackman again?

Dude listen,what if if doesn't matter how we came about? Think about that shit. What if the here and now matters, I know crazy right? What if all that matters is how you affect others. And the huge expanses time that faggots claim things happend over are just bullshit, and they don't really know.

Yall who belive that God exist are stupid

But seriously what if God and science could coincide? Mainstream beliefs are always either or.

no it wasn't interesting. he sucked. why copy The Hack Man when you can GET The Hack Man?

anyways i'm pretty sure Jaden Smith is gonna be the next Lex.

becasue one is mental illness

the other is based on reason and evidence

>assuming god is good.

I always wondered that. I think that it does in certain ways.

What if we evolved and god is just a being that evolved into a super powerful force that cares about intelligent beings and helps them with the power he can spare.

Opinions on Batfleck?

Good. I think he pulled it off pretty well.

But that isnt lex luthor,its his son.

Whose name was also Lex Luthor so what exactly is your point?

He was a whiny prick that started a potentially apocalyptic war over his tower getting smashed. Not to mention his criminalistics ways during the movie.

I am not a fan of Assflek but I think he did ok.

Right on.

Kek, this.

**Lex Luthor Jr.

Because Snyder (or the studio execs) decided to try and cash in on the popularity of the joker by making him a now cookie cutter "insane" villain

The thing that makes Lex threatening is that he is the kind of person that you would WANT to rule and follow. He is the very picture of a brilliant traditional strong leader, and very capable of doing so.

This new Lex is like a twiggy cartoon character

>This new Lex is like a twiggy cartoon character

More like a typical Sup Forums fag

So we're required to type out his full fucking name every time? No. Fuck you.

All that makes sense but it didn't make him any less entertaining. I mean it's not like this movie closely followed cannon anyway so why not have fun?

Epicurus was an ancient greek and had no concept of "God" as a singular all powerful all good entity

that's christian

I mean, it's mainly an argument against other people who spend their lives trying to convince others that God dictates every aspect of their lives. Not people who don't really care either way.

It seems like a valid point, but I'm sure there's a loophole outnumbered there somewhere.

If there is a god. If he was all powerful. He/she/xe/it/fish/idk would transcend all logic of us humans so our logic doesnt apply to it

This.

But it's setting up the cinematic canon of DC for years to come. The Lex as depicted in, say, the JLA cartoon is much more interesting and isn't a take that's been done in movies before either. Now we're stuck with this character who's ironically more cartoony and over-the-top than the actual cartoon character.

I feel he was too much like the kooky Gene Hackman Lex as well, just more "edgy" and jittery. You look at this character and can't understand why he's such a prominent public figure when he's such a spastic loon, even when he's speaking in front of a crowd.

His father's dead. So I'm pretty sure he's just meant to be THE Lex Luthor.

That faggot is doing some type of meta trolling. Just ignore him.

Can someone explain to me exactly what Lex's goal(s) was?

Again I get what you're saying, I just don't care about canon. So that's where the dividing line is, I suppose.

I don't really care about whether the movie is sticking with comic book or cartoon canon. I just used that as an example.

The thing is, this is the only cinematic Lex we'll have for a decade or more. And he's just stupid, and "edgy". It's frustrating because there have been many more interesting depictions of this character and his relationship with Superman. It's not about what's "canon", though. Comic-book canon is ill-defined to begin with. It's about what's more interesting, what makes a better character. And I feel they chose the least interesting depiction they could have.

But hes not, He wanted superman dead at any cost, because he thought he was evil. (he was)
He has emotional problems because of his abusive father and hes horrible with crowds.
Doomsday was his final attempt at killing superman. Because superman is evil.

Some people just take superhero movies more seriously than others. I'm not knocking you. Just different strokes.

The ones that believe in god are either childish or evil.

Childish: They cling too much to a father-figure; that's why all those black guys wear christ neckleces. They needed something to fill the void when their daddy ran away.

Evil: They do not believe in equal rights. They deem others and grade them unworthy or worthy, it's all because of that they must believe there must be something greater.

Yet they fail to consider: we're the closest things to god ever. And that's not faith; it's common fucking sence.

I wouldn't have to take it all that seriously to be bothered by a poorly written villain. A good villain is part of the basic joy of watching a superhero movie, and they botched him by making him uninteresting and annoying.

I'm stating this on a purely surface level, not even anything deeper or based on my knowledge of the series at all.

Like I said, this has nothing to do with canon. This is about taste at this point, really. It's not that you take superhero movies less seriously than me. I mean, you probably do, but that's not really the issue. You just have shit taste in movies. BVS was a bad movie for more reasons than one.

>But hes not, He wanted superman dead at any cost, because he thought he was evil. (he was)
Comic Lex saw Superman as a threat to human progress. Why would humanity ever try and improve themselves when they have an unstoppable god very obviously there and solving all their problems?

>He has emotional problems because of his abusive father and hes horrible with crowds.
Comic Lex had issues, but he focused them into willpower and kept them to himself like a goddamn adult

>Doomsday was his final attempt
Doomsday was his own villain with his own backstory. The fight between Supes and Doomsday deserved its own film, and instead turned into a rushed few minutes.

It made him less entertaining because he wasn't Lex Luthor, the charismatic genius criminal mastermind.

He was some cringy beta autist who with a stutter

And the original Lex was anything but.

>sence

Kek

>hes horrible with crowds.
I think that's one of my biggest problems with this Lex. He should be charismatic. His derangement was so transparent in that scene where he's making a public speech.

But he should be a beloved public figure, just as much as Superman. That's what makes Superman's battle against him so complicated. His code prevents his from just murdering Lex, but in anything else, it's his word versus Lex's.

I forget where it was from, but I remember a scene from a cartoon or graphic novel or something where Superman is just talking to Lex, and Superman makes the point that if Lex were just willing to work with him, they'd both be able to fix all the world's problems. Superman has immense power, but Lex has greater influence. Together they'd be unstoppable, and the tragedy is that Lex won't.

I feel that's what makes Lex interesting. He was once just a crazy mad scientist and criminal mastermind, but I feel when he was changed into a powerful businessman, that's when he became an interesting character and unique challenge for Superman rather than just an evil villain.

Hell, Jessie Eisenburg might have even still worked. But really, his character and performance in the movie should've been more The Social Network's Mark Zuckerburg than Batman Forever's Riddler.

Yup. I stopped reading after that. Hard for me to take him seriously

UNDERRATED THREAD

Kek?

I understand i didn't type it correctly, but don't make fun about it, we're not little autistic kids here that have nothing better to do than laugh at eachother.

You're all fags

In the movie it had already been made clear that superman had battled and killed lex already. Thats the main problem I have with what your saying. I agree with it but this is not lex this is lex jr. Sorry, but quit being a faggot,I know u wanted the real lex,I wanted him to. But the luthor we got is not shitting all over luthors name because hes his son. It might have been a lame cop-out so they could make a luthor how they wanted him but it still makes sense.

God is everything
checked
you can destroy anything that is created

>newfag detected

2/10 for making me reply

>In the movie it had already been made clear that superman had battled and killed lex already
Uhh, no...

The reason why he's Lex jr. is because the company is called Lex Corp, yet he's too young to have created it himself. Therefore, he's the son of the man who originally built the company (but Jr. was the one who brought it into the modern age and made it truly lucrative), who also had to have been named Lex for it to be called Lex Corp.

He's THE Lex Luthor of this series. They made him that way because that's how they wanted to depict him.

There's no way they would have just glossed over Superman's battles with a different Lex Luthor. And have absolutely no mention of it.

That's just retarded. And nothing in the movie even remotely suggests that's the case.

Energy cannot be destroyed,it exists always it changes but never goes away. I don't care about god but the basic elements cannot be removed.
Im not op btw.

I do not understand those who use the bible as a moral incentive to be a good person. The bible or any other religious text. Muslims will be killed for apostasy. God will punish you for not believing in him. The stories in the bible are truly awful. I mean, Abraham was about to kill his child because of his commitment to God. Religion can be a deadly poison to humanity, because when someone is doing a horrid thing, thinking they're doing a good thing in accordance with their belief, it is not only delusion, it is utter insanity. I'd hope people would want to be good because they're good, not because God could punish them for being bad or any other religious influence.

Honestly, that just sounds like a theory so that DC movie fans can hope for Bryan Cranston or something to show up as the "real" Lex Luthor.

Just wishful thinking, really.

If God created time, then God exists outside of time and cannot have a beginning or an end.

this user gets it

I feel like now days it's more that atheists are trying to convince you that God doesn't exist than religious people trying that he does.

He says it in the movie. Its there,maybe you should re-watch it.

Somebody screen cap this thread. Sup Forums actually has a somewhat civilized and respectful thread.

That's just a matter of perspective, I suppose. I deal with enough religious zealots in my daily life that it often feels the opposite. But that's just in my life.

well shit, stop making me think user

You're just trolling at this point. Lex's dad died before Superman even showed up.

Tell me ¿do you bleed?

True, I guess it just depends on where you live and who you meet

If everyone just praised Xenu this wouldn't even been a discussion.

so you don't believe energy was created?

Yeah He said his dad died in the movie. And that superman killed his father.

GOD cannot exist, for an omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent deity would be perfect and have no need to create imperfect things or play games

the universe could not exist, therefore, if GOD exists and neither could lesser beings like us

the inescapable fact that the universe exists and that we exist therefore excludes the possibility of GOD

if the perfect deity would exist, in order to create things and other souls, it would have to become imperfect, in which case it would cease to exist, which would be an impossibility, also

also, GOD would have to manipulate the various creations to bring about change and people suffer and living things suffer and matter degrades. GOD could not allow such things to happen, else he would be cruel and capricious, which a perfect deity cannot be, so the god of the universe could not be GOD, but something else?

these things are not possible and are contradictory. the perfect deity would have no desire to do anything and no need to become imperfect

the universe exists, time, energy, space and matter exist and so do we. therefore, GOD does not

the jains settled all of these matters sufficiently for themselves using such pure logic perhaps 10,000 years ago before western india became desert and india became india

theism for man has earned for him nothing but discord, unhappiness and death and is a false path. understand this, contemplate the nature of existence, live accordingly and prosper, live long and peacefully

Yep, energy is the basis of everything. I cant not exist.

Kek

more.

But this is making many assumptions about God. Isn't God meant to be outside of human understanding and therefore its actions and reasoning cannot be comprehended by humans?

that is the only flaw in that argument

as time progressed, humans put gods farther out of reach, until now. where god is 'outside of the human realm' there is no way to prove the existance of god when people's hearts stop and they are revived. they claim to see nothing.

he is the hero weeaboos deserve

I hope a god or higher power does exist. Fuck just dying and that being the end of everything.

Are you kidding me? That sounds amazing to me.

this should be enough *believe

What does a higher power have to do with an afterlife? They're neither mutually exclusive nor mutually inclusive.

Why?