Was his character a better drummer than Neil Peart and John Bonham?

Was his character a better drummer than Neil Peart and John Bonham?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gomgFZsG-0
youtube.com/watch?v=vgzSP05q0as
youtu.be/MVL5ylN3ffY?t=6m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=xpkRtzNUQtE
youtube.com/watch?v=_pFsMqVr3B8
youtube.com/watch?v=hWh5ilLBs-k
youtube.com/watch?v=30w8DyEJ__0
youtube.com/watch?v=8VdtC9WhnCg
youtube.com/watch?v=DyO7lvzfw5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8x4pwWd86lg
youtube.com/watch?v=3rfFLC5AfcY
youtube.com/watch?v=MoZZtuE7yMo
youtube.com/watch?v=DBrwalgqErY
drummerworld.com/Videos/chrisdaveactualproof.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YNyYzfkn4yc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ml5kqMQv68k
youtube.com/watch?v=9x4bfHllX2A
youtube.com/watch?v=rLQGBtWkMhM
youtube.com/watch?v=Db-kdxlb9Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=0bRQOgRY5Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Cf-s72hig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

No.

>neil peart is good meme

>Neil Peart

No, Neil is an immensely talented and highly trained drummer specialized in his style. It's very difficult to play like him with as much power with as much consistency and accuracy live.

>John Bonham

Technically, yes. Bonham isn't a technical genius, what Bonham had was groove, feel, and power. But there were a lot of drummers that could do more than him stylistically. It's also not that hard to learn how to play like Bonham (Except nobody can really match his power).

There's your answer.

Nice bait

On top of that
>buddy rich is the ultimate meme
You know who one of the legitimately best drummers of all time is, Phil Rudd.

He wasn't even good enough for his amateur college band. The teacher kicked him out.

most jazz dummers are better than memes like neil peart

I just came here to say this movie is pure awesome reality. This is it, folks. If you want another one like this, watch Moneyball

Buddy Rich IS a meme but there are so many valid reasons why he's considered the greatest of all time. Influentially and technically. If you do some research on how he played and how he was different you can see that he was beyond so many other people, it wasn't just speed.

Only when you compare like for like. He wasn't a pro or anything. Better than a rock drummer of his own calibre sure, and a professional jazz drummer will usually outclass Neil Peart, but in this case it's not really a fair comparison.

Nope

youtube.com/watch?v=-gomgFZsG-0

Zach Hill

youtube.com/watch?v=vgzSP05q0as

Wasn't the whiplash guy already hanging with the best?

reminder that drummers are the dumbest musicians

Neil Peart has more artistic creativity with rhythm than most highly skilled jazz drummers. Every Rush song that you will listen to is a very individual and catchy drum track that stands on it's own merit. Not to mention Neil has a lot more influence from traditional African rhythms than a lot of drummers, kind of like Ginger Baker.

Most modern "jazz drummers" will usually just play really fast and do some flashy 1 handed drum rolls here and there or maybe play some complex time signatures. It's all nice and smooth but it's also really really really fucking boring once you are used to it.

It's not just about being fast and capable of highly technical "moves".

I can't think of a bigger drumming meme than Zach Hill at the moment. He's every 16 year old Sup Forums kids answer as the "best drummer". Kind of like how that drummer from blink 182 was "the best drummer" in the early 2000s.

Alright, but was he better on drugs than Moon?

Apples to oranges. Repertory jazz drummers aren't improvising their parts or really doing anything creative like drummers in popular music do.

Why are the drum tracks on DG studio albums so boring compared to the live stuff?

Drumming doesn't actually require talent

>leave drumkino to me

now where did this meme come from?

she has mediocre looks except for her perfect tits

This. I always preferred Damon Che anyway.

On a technical level most top tier jazz drummers are of equal or better level than Neil Peart. Its just that Neil has the advantage of know his band's repertoire inside-out and similar skills of memorizing written drum parts.

Jazz drummers might be more used to the spontaneous nature of improvisation that trying to play a drum part the exact same every time might not come as easy, but really they can play rhythms of similar competency on the cuff anyways.

How would Sup Forums rate John "Drumbo" French?

I agree with you, I'm just tired of the meme especially inside of a meme as fuck movie.

the only correct answer is Billy Cobham

this

Reality

I like Philty Animal (rip)

I like Jack White's drumming, but the baby's first drum beat shit Meg was doing in the White Stripes fit that shit well.

6:12 for this nigger's drumming
youtu.be/MVL5ylN3ffY?t=6m12s

complete travis barker meme drummer of the decade

Dave Grohl

youtube.com/watch?v=xpkRtzNUQtE

>leBonhamtripletface.tif
fuck outta here with that shit

I don't know if he or Kurt wrote the Nirvana drum parts, but I cannot stand how stiff and lifeless he is in that band. He would use the same one drumfill for an entire song

>He would use the same one drumfill for an entire song
He probably wrote the drum tracks, but he still does the same fill for every song. Queens of the Stone Age, Tenacious D, , every fucking time Bonham triplets.

You're an immensely retarded faggot. Please go back to your mother's basement and kill yourself you pathetic piece of shit.

Piano is the patrician, scholar, educated man's instrument.

This desu

youtube.com/watch?v=_pFsMqVr3B8

the best part of was the keyboard at the end desu

so you're right

lmao stay angry friend

>>John Bonham
>
>Technically, yes. Bonham isn't a technical genius, what Bonham had was groove, feel, and power. But there were a lot of drummers that could do more than him stylistically. It's also not that hard to learn how to play like Bonham (Except nobody can really match his power).

I agree. A great example would be Dave Grohl, IMO. Although I think he's a great drummer, his style is basically John Bonham Lite.

Wrong. John Bonham only ever had 2 mics on his drum kit, because he could dictate the volume while playing. Nobody does that.

Dave Ghrol is not even close to Bonham in style. Dave Ghrol is mediocre standard alt-rock drumming.

How does that make me wrong? It seems like you are just proving my post right. Power and feel.

If you read interviews about Bonham's style he could bring out a hefty sound in any drumset including his son's kid set. He even broke Bill Ward's drumset when jamming with Sabbath.

who here /StewartCopeland/??

youtube.com/watch?v=hWh5ilLBs-k

what the goddamn fuck is this shit ?

youtube.com/watch?v=30w8DyEJ__0

COOP3RDRUMM3R

>He even broke Bill Ward's drumset when jamming with Sabbath.
Holy shit, I didn't know about that kek

Rock drummers wish they could drum with this much precision, finesse, and intricacy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8VdtC9WhnCg

Rock drummers wish they could drum with this much precision, finesse, and intricacy.

youtube.com/watch?v=DyO7lvzfw5Q

You're an idiot. He used only two mics on a few tracks because it led to the sound he wanted. He wasn't some magical fairy wizard drummer.

>I can't think of a bigger drumming meme than Zach Hill

Joey Jordison

keith fucking moon

youtube.com/watch?v=8x4pwWd86lg

He's a god.
Not only did he play all the weird anti-rhythmic stuff Beefheart wanted him to, but he also translated all of Don's musical ideas into actual notation for the other band members to use. Don wasn't really a musician, so he couldn't do it himself.

I think it's because in the studio he mostly drums along with Andy's production (except in NOTM, where he's actually playing the beats). Live he improvises more.

The amazing thing about Buddy Rich is that he almost always wore a suit when he played. Drummers today are half his speed even without wearing restrictive clothing.

He couldn't even keep in time, it became a meme

take this discussion to Sup Forums pls

>or really doing anything creative like drummers in popular music do

You sound like you've never heard a jazz drummer doing anything at all, considering that's all rock drummers listened to

youtube.com/watch?v=3rfFLC5AfcY

suck my dick

>Drummers today are half his speed even without wearing restrictive clothing.
Quite literally.

youtube.com/watch?v=MoZZtuE7yMo

Eat shit, cunt.

awesome Jazz/Fusion drummer thread time?

youtube.com/watch?v=DBrwalgqErY

drummerworld.com/Videos/chrisdaveactualproof.html

youtube.com/watch?v=YNyYzfkn4yc

Yeah, Bonham was a beast
The overall sound from the drums, specially from the bass drum, was insane

youtube.com/watch?v=Ml5kqMQv68k

Pic and link related
youtube.com/watch?v=9x4bfHllX2A

>being this big of a pleb
Kill yourself.

holy shit yes

I fucking love Jon Theodore. He's the best thing about early Mars Volta.

This is one of the many reasons I want a new QotSA album. Jon only wrote one drum track on ...Like Clockwork. I want to hear some new shit from that crazy bastard.

Drummer thread!
youtube.com/watch?v=rLQGBtWkMhM
youtube.com/watch?v=Db-kdxlb9Mo

Same. A QOTSA album full of his work will be fucking great, I'm sure.

forgot the master youtube.com/watch?v=0bRQOgRY5Bk

Who /artblakey/ here?

>drummers can literally be replaced by computers and no one can tell the difference

What a shitty instrument.

2/10

(you)

how late is too late to get into drumming?

you can replace literally every instrument by computers you fucking retard

It's never too late, anonfam.

>this is what dumb people think

Thiz iz not true, bythaway

yes. those guys are shitty meme drummers

Too late to be one of the greats? Maybe, depending on your age. But it's never too late to learn an instrument, and I recommend that everyone does so at some point in their life. Play whatever the hell you want, it's one of the most satisfying hobbies out there.

Where do I even start?

what instrument ?

Well you're gonna need a drum probably

What do you call a guy who always hangs out with a bunch of musicians?

a drummer

>drumming with two hands
>good

talk about easy mode

>beating your wife with two hands
>good

He showed how to do that hard mode too.

Please fuck off. He's not a better drummer than John Bonham you fucking cocksucker

Oh, I see you were born in the wrong generation too!!!

Drumming God Ginger Baker speaking the truth about shitty drummers
WARNING: THIS WILL TRIGGER ZEPKEKS
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Cf-s72hig

best drummer itt tbqhwyfam

>the truth

Baker is a senile jazz purist asshole

baker jelly as fk lmao