I am the hacker known as Sup Forums

I am the hacker known as Sup Forums.

Is that how you got dubs

Pls let me liv

oh shit

yes, yes you are

FBI are on their way you sick fuck

Actual security researcher (white hat hacker) here. What does ROM stand for? Please explain to me what it's commonly used for. Also explain to me what the difference between true ROM and the "ROM" in smartphones is. You should know this.

Read Only Memory

Its also known as firmware

Please go to en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sup Forums&action=edit&oldid=730117463 and click "Save page."

You're only partly correct. If the memory of your smartphone was truly read only you wouldn't be able to flash custom firmwares, kernels, etc. Real ROM is only used for holding firmware in places here having it writable is a safety hazard such as medical equipment. The reason is that it's expensive and impractical.

New question. What kind of laptop do you use? What OS are you using?

classic tabs

Sorry not mentioning I'm not OP.
And yeah I know that I have a rooted android.
I have a custom PC plus I use Ubuntu and Kali Linux.

plis let me go.
i have wife and childrens
oh wait, i don't, my life sucks, kill me

>using kali
>using a rooted phone
>not using a Librebooted T400 with FreeBSD
What gives? Do you take your privacy seriously? It's like you're asking to be spied on.

Nah, got nothing to hide.
I'm just bored of how society works and got a bit into hacking after taking my first year of computer science.

I can tell you that with apps like facebook, talkatone, and gmail social engineering has never been easier. People also reuse passwords. My mother asked me to come over to her house on Saturday to help her with her old computer and her netflix account. I helped her log into netflix on her blue-ray player. Her old computer broke in 2000 when I was a 5 year old kid. I got it working and booted into Windows 98. I tried her current netflix password and it worked. She used the same one for almost 17 years.

Kek
The really question is was the password 8 characters long?

Yes. Exactly 8 actually. Length doesn't really matter in this case though. It was also a word.